The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man Sequels

Old 03-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #101
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Default Re: venom in the amazing spiderman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levsky View Post
Please, just give us the REAL Venom, not some pitiful weakling like the one from SM3 which I would prefer to forget about. He was nothing comparable to what I remember from the comic books. He is supposed to be huge, gross, speaking about himself in second person and extremely powerful. Above all, make sure that his story and development are sufficient because Eddie Brock from SM3 felt as if he was forced to be there. Venom without convincing origin can't be a success. It's the one of his strongest aspects.
I definitely want to hear venom speak about himself in second person.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:28 AM   #102
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

"We call ourselves... VENOM!"

That needs to be said on screen at some point. Knowing how Kurtzman and Orci love to give easter eggs and nods to the source material, I think it's pretty likely that this would happen.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:34 AM   #103
Levsky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
I definitely want to hear venom speak about himself in second person.
God... you didn't see that, right? That was written in a rush, I suppose. But, you know, I hate that Venom wasn't even called so in the movie.

Levsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:42 AM   #104
Picard Sisko

He is one of the few villains that can and should name himself.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 03-18-2014, 11:46 AM   #105
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Yeah I'd love to hear him correct peter in saying " eddie brock is no more...now, we call ourselves VENOM!!" It gives so much gravity to showing how the symbiote is in control.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #106
Zen
Binary Oneness

Venom film as a psychological horror film... sign me right the F*** up

Old 03-22-2014, 05:20 PM   #107
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Venom alone could be a dark gritty movie for older audiences if done right.

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
I'm Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #108
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
Venom film as a psychological horror film... sign me right the F*** up
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Venom View Post
Venom alone could be a dark gritty movie for older audiences if done right.
Exactly what I was thinking.

thejon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 06:28 PM   #109
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Im trying to figure out how they'd market a movie like this. Like, do you make it for the older crowd (15 and up) , or do you make it just tame enough for lower end of the pg 13 crowd. Because if spiderman gets name dropped in the trailer, it almost immediately is going to appeal to kids.

Old 03-22-2014, 08:15 PM   #110
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
Im trying to figure out how they'd market a movie like this. Like, do you make it for the older crowd (15 and up) , or do you make it just tame enough for lower end of the pg 13 crowd. Because if spiderman gets name dropped in the trailer, it almost immediately is going to appeal to kids.
They should keep Spider-Man a secret if he's going to be in there. This is a Venom movie after all, so Venom has to have the spotlight for the majority of the runtime. Spider-Man can be in there, but the audience has to learn more about the symbiote this time around, which was quickly skimmed over in Spider-Man 3, like what kind of effects it has on Eddie and what triggers such evil in the man when he's consumed by it. There are too many interesting things to explore within Venom that you almost don't even need another villain for the first film because he should be the crazy and maniacal villain (who just happens to be the main character).

I think that having a villainous character as the lead in a comic-book movie is truly refreshing and unique, I think people would absolutely love it if it were done right, if it was character-driven and had exciting action scenes to back it up. If they make this potential Venom solo film like the first Terminator, where the title character is the bad guy, then they'll have no problem progressing forward with sequels because he can become the anti-hero afterwards. The first Venom film doesn't need a budget of $150,000,000 like most of these comic-book films do, it just needs half of that so that they can focus on getting a good writing team together (which they probably are doing as we type) and get some good storyboard artists to make some truly amazing looking visuals for the filmmakers to be inspired by.

Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #111
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Venom is a no-brainer from a marketing standpoint, and I'll bet that he'll be the focus of that 4th movie (perhaps with Amazing Spider-Man 3 leading into it).

Put the black costume in Amazing Spider-Man 3, use the crashed space shuttle for its origin. Introduce Jensen Ackles as Brock, the climax will have Spider-Man lose the symbiote in the tower, then post-credits we see Brock as Venom.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #112
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Ryan Hurst for Eddie Brock please.

Just cut the hair and trim the beard down to stubble. The guy is a beast.

Old 04-10-2014, 12:59 PM   #113
Picard Sisko

Venom will more than likely be PG-13.

Old 04-10-2014, 10:50 PM   #114
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

I don't think making a Venom movie PG-13 would be difficult at all. You can get away with a lot in a 13 rating. The symbiote sending a tendril down a throat would be acceptable for that rating.

Old 04-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #115
Picard Sisko

PG-13 films tend to be really violent these days anyway, so I think Venom can work. It really doesn't have to be blood and gore but instead take the type of "violence" that you'd find in a Spider-Man film and take it up a few notches.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:05 AM   #116
thejon93
Forever Haunted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
PG-13 films tend to be really violent these days anyway, so I think Venom can work. It really doesn't have to be blood and gore but instead take the type of "violence" that you'd find in a Spider-Man film and take it up a few notches.
The Lone Ranger is one of the most violent PG-13 movies I've ever seen, so I'm sure Venom could be violent but effective at leaving most of that violence to the imagination (such as with the use of lighting and shadows when shooting violence, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. did something similar in a previous episode).

Old 04-12-2014, 03:34 AM   #117
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

Isn't it usually profanity that would increase a film's rating?

Old 04-12-2014, 03:52 AM   #118
Zantera
Side-Kick

The rating-system is kinda ridiculous to be honest. There's plenty of PG-13 movies where people get their heads ripped off, but as soon as you use the wrong word, suddenly it's not PG-13 anymore.

In this day and age, and with everything you see and hear, I would be surprised if kids haven't heard the F-word at that age.

Zantera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:52 AM   #119
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
Isn't it usually profanity that would increase a film's rating?
Yeah. Also anything with sexual content usually can bring the film's rating up.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:17 AM   #120
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
The rating-system is kinda ridiculous to be honest. There's plenty of PG-13 movies where people get their heads ripped off, but as soon as you use the wrong word, suddenly it's not PG-13 anymore.

In this day and age, and with everything you see and hear, I would be surprised if kids haven't heard the F-word at that age.
Actually, a PG-13 movie can have plenty of foul language. It's when a movie starts to get heavy in 2 of the three areas of sex, violence, and profanity, that it pushes into "R" territory.

Last edited by Lantern Venom; 04-14-2014 at 04:51 AM.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #121
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

I still think every movie should be filmed as R-Rated, then they release different edits for different target audiences. Everybody wins.

Old 04-13-2014, 04:34 PM   #122
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I'd like if they show him as more of an Anti-Hero. I like the idea of him using something dark for the greater good.

Carnage would be a great villain, perhaps with a mobster like Toomstone.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:29 PM   #123
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

That's more than likely what we'll get

Old 04-14-2014, 04:51 AM   #124
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
I still think every movie should be filmed as R-Rated, then they release different edits for different target audiences. Everybody wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I'd like if they show him as more of an Anti-Hero. I like the idea of him using something dark for the greater good.

Carnage would be a great villain, perhaps with a mobster like Toomstone.
Co-signed on all counts.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #125
Venus
Side-Kick

I think Venom looked great in SM3. I wouldn't mind if they didn't change him but obvs they will.

Venus is offline   Reply With Quote