The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 05:32 AM   #701
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Spider-Man 3 was just on Channel 5 here in the UK...

I don't care what anyone says. I really, really like this movie. Nostalgia was kicking in big time while watching it.

I was 17 when it came out and I remember it was a half day at school (May 4th). All my friends went to the park after and the sun was shining. I was going through my first real romance at the time. I don't know, rose tinited glasses and all that... but I'll always associate Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy with my teens. Therefore all three films will always have a special place in my heart.

It's not perfect, but there is alot to like about it.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-14-2014, 08:16 AM   #702
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Pa

Quote:
Spider-Man 3 was just on Channel 5 here in the UK...

I don't care what anyone says. I really, really like this movie. Nostalgia was kicking in big time while watching it.

I was 17 when it came out and I remember it was a half day at school (May 4th). All my friends went to the park after and the sun was shining. I was going through my first real romance at the time. I don't know, rose tinited glasses and all that... but I'll always associate Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy with my teens. Therefore all three films will always have a special place in my heart.

It's not perfect, but there is alot to like about it.
How sweet. My high school romantic interest at that time (who ended up really screwing me over not long before the release before anything happened) heard my friend and I talking about going to the midnight and proceeded to say how stupid and lame it was we were going to go see a Spider-Man movie of all things at that hour.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:11 AM   #703
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Exactly. It's not often a comic book movie improves on a character from the comics, but SM-3 did it with Venom. Not that it's hard to improve on Venom.
Yep lol. Not hard when a character is all style, no substance. But I applaud Raimi for being honest over his feelings, instead of "oh yeah I've allllllways loved Venom". That took some serious balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

Spider-Man 3 is easily my least favorite of Sam Raimi's trilogy, but it's not a bad film at all.
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Like having one of the most fun to watch final fights
Well, that. But I was referring to the Birth of Venom, Sandman, Harry vs. Peter (both), Sandman vs. Spidey in the sewers, etc.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:17 AM   #704
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Agreed!
Great to see SM3 being discussed in this way.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-14-2014, 09:28 AM   #705
Venus
Side-Kick

I fail to see why most people dislike SM3. It's the best film of the series imo.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:41 AM   #706
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Great to see SM3 being discussed in this way.
I've always enjoyed SM3, and defended it from the "WORST MOVIE EVER" crap that gets thrown at it.

Nice to see others enjoy it as well.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #707
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Well, that. But I was referring to the Birth of Venom, Sandman, Harry vs. Peter (both), Sandman vs. Spidey in the sewers, etc.
Sandman's fight is in the Subway
Those scenes are great too

Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 AM   #708
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Ah, typo. Barely was awake when I typed that, I meant the subway lol.

Quote:
Old 04-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #709
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 04-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #710
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post

Spider-Man 3 is easily my least favorite of Sam Raimi's trilogy, but it's not a bad film at all.
I think I would say it's a good popcorn movie.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 04-14-2014, 06:56 PM   #711
DCW
Chief's got it.

Usually I can see where people are coming from with their varying opinions, even if I don't agree with them. However the hate that the Rami Goblin costume gets always astounds me. I think it was an amazing interpretation of the Goblin that really evokes the comic imagery.

I can understand the complaints of covering up Willem Dafoes face, but it always irks me a bit when I see people referring to it as the power ranger suit. I think it was an excellent design that looked fantastic on screen.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:08 PM   #712
DCW
Chief's got it.

And a totally different point from my last post, but I just wanted to say the Raimi really nailed this scene. Absolutely iconic imagery. I love Raimi's little touch how the scene faded out on Spidey's eye.

Old 04-14-2014, 07:13 PM   #713
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
That's cool! Since we're speaking of SM3... Really cool Venom costume test shot that Marvel Spider found. Very creepy. The eyes and the smaller mouth reminds me of McFarlane Venom.

A few more things here.

That is so damn awesome!!! I really wished(ever since the film came out)that Sandman would've been left out altogether and that the film would've just focused on Harry,Venom and the black suit. I don't mean to be nasty to the Sandman fans out there,but I don't think anyone really cared at all about him being in it. Most everyone wanted to see Venom and black suit Spidey. Even though Raimi never liked the character,I think he,the writers or whomever really dropped the ball on that one.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007
Old 04-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #714
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey_62 View Post
Isn't that what Peter was supposed to see himself turn into when looking into the mirror? I can't believe they edited that out...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 04-15-2014, 12:13 AM   #715
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Usually I can see where people are coming from with their varying opinions, even if I don't agree with them. However the hate that the Rami Goblin costume gets always astounds me. I think it was an amazing interpretation of the Goblin that really evokes the comic imagery.

I can understand the complaints of covering up Willem Dafoes face, but it always irks me a bit when I see people referring to it as the power ranger suit. I think it was an excellent design that looked fantastic on screen.
I don't get the Power Rangers comparison either, I'm satisfied with this replacing the unused design

Old 04-15-2014, 01:49 AM   #716
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

The problem with the design was that you couldn't see emotion. Dafoe was great but you couldn't see his facial expressions.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 04-15-2014, 03:32 AM   #717
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post

Personally, I've never hated on this Green Goblin costume. I like the helmet (and I think it's a really good representation of the comic book art/design), and I think the suit itself was explained well in the beginning of the movie by calling it a "flight suit" ... I bought it. Dafoe sold it for me, too.

Had Spider-Man 1's budget been higher, though, I would have loved to have seen what makeup they could have done on Dafoe's face.

The more I look at the Green Goblin character design for The Amazing Spider-Man 2, the less terrible I think it is. Don't get me wrong, I still can't take the actor with that makeup seriously (and the bluetooth ears? Puh-leeze), but on an actor like Dafoe with a few updates here and there? He'd probably be some serious nightmare fuel!

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 AM   #718
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
The problem with the design was that you couldn't see emotion. Dafoe was great but you couldn't see his facial expressions.
It's easy to pay attention to his mouth and eyes
He did left his lenses at times

Old 04-15-2014, 09:03 AM   #719
Picard Sisko

Quote:
This basically sums it up. Plus it also just looked silly IMO. It works within the context of Raimi's universe though. I love how it felt like a 60s comic book. For example, "WE'LL MEET AGAIN, SPIDER-MAN!" People hate it, but... gah! It's so nostalgic!

Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #720
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Hey guys....here's a great idea that some of you might want to thing about....if you don't want people coming in here and interrupting your talk about Raimi's Spidey movies with talk about Webb's Spidey movies....then YOU don't mention Webb's Spidey movies in the first place.

See how that works?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #721
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
It's easy to pay attention to his mouth and eyes
He did left his lenses at times
Yeah he did lift the lens to show his eyes at times, with just eyes he looked menacing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
This basically sums it up. Plus it also just looked silly IMO. It works within the context of Raimi's universe though. I love how it felt like a 60s comic book. For example, "WE'LL MEET AGAIN, SPIDER-MAN!" People hate it, but... gah! It's so nostalgic!
Raimi had camp that was campy not stupid! It was werid going from that to impling he was going to rape Mary Jane at the end though. He was really scary during the final fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Hey guys....here's a great idea that some of you might want to thing about....if you don't want people coming in here and interrupting your talk about Raimi's Spidey movies with talk about Webb's Spidey movies....then YOU don't mention Webb's Spidey movies in the first place.

See how that works?
It's double standards people complain about Raimi on the Webb boards and vice versa

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 04-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #722
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Then why isn't that complaint thrown at the live-action Spidey suit by the fans?

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 04-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #723
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Then why isn't that complaint thrown at the live-action Spidey suit by the fans?
If you look at the emotional scenes wearing the suit... In any of the four Spider-Man films he takes of his mask.

I suspect that's the main reason the writers keep having him take off the mask. Here's some examples,
SM1: Final Fight (notice Dafoe had the lens up too)
SM2: Train Sequence, Final Fight with Ock and Peter talking about dreams, Peter explaining why they can't be together after the climax
SM3: Harry's death
TASM (I'm aware of C.Lee's post but it's needed to show a point): Peter saving Jack, "Promises" with Captain Stacy.

Avvy by OriginalMiles

Last edited by Green Goblin; 04-15-2014 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-15-2014, 11:20 AM   #724
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

See how that works?
Good advice.

Quote:
Raimi had camp that was campy not stupid!
Exactly. It was campy but that campiness was intentional. It made me feel like I was watching a live-action version of a Steve Ditko/Stan Lee comic book and it was great.

Quote:
It was werid going from that to impling he was going to rape Mary Jane at the end though. He was really scary during the final fight.
Yeah, that was a little disturbing. I never caught onto that when I was a kid, but now I hear it and find that sickening.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #725
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
If you look at the emotional scenes wearing the suit... In any of the four Spider-Man films he takes of his mask.

I suspect that's the main reason the writers keep having him take off the mask. Here's some examples,
SM1: Final Fight (notice Dafoe had the lens up too)
SM2: Train Sequence, Final Fight with Ock and Peter talking about dreams, Peter explaining why they can't be together after the climax
SM3: Harry's death
TASM (I'm aware of C.Lee's post but it's needed to show a point): Peter saving Jack, "Promises" with Captain Stacy.
You could say the same thing about Norman. He takes his mask off in the finale. That was the only emotional moment for the Goblin. His last scene where he reaches out to peter as Norman, and his dying words "Don't tell Harry". All the other Spidey/Goblin scenes have both of them masked.

- The Joker
Closed Thread