The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 04-12-2014, 10:57 AM   #51
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Black Widow Thread

I actually like the hair, but I don't think I like the new outfit at all... I mean, let's wait for a better look or an official look, but for now I'm not so happy with the materials and the red stripes (wtf?) or the redesigned bracelets...

Also, Scarlett's face on the stunt double is ALWAYS noticeable. I hope they improve that.

VulcanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 11:10 AM   #52
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I think a lot of times what might not look perfect in set photos often winds up looking awesome in 35mm on a 50 ft screen. Lets give these a chance.

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 12:04 PM   #53
Loki882
Side-Kick

Yeah, I still prefer BW with short hair. So I'm glad that they went back to that. It makes the most sense for her character.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:21 AM   #54
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I liked her Natalie Rushman hair the most
Agreed^
loved her look there
the new(old) 'do is fugly

I'm also thinkin bout starting a [not very serious] petition to keep Widow from talking about her "ledger".
I liked Widow in Avengers, but I find that dialogue, the number of times they say "red in your ledger", to be just awful and stunted, and generally the worst bit of dialogue in the whole movie.
Am I the only one who cringes a bit when that line comes up now??

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:04 PM   #55
Loki882
Side-Kick

I never had a problem with it, it makes sense. And I've noticed that most of the complaints about her hair is that it's "ugly." Frankly, I find this to be a really weak complaint. She's a freaking spy, looking sexy should be WAY DOWN on her list of priorities. Functionality and practicality are infinitely more important. That hair from IM 2 didn't make her look like a super-spy, it made her look like a model. Seriously, if you're big complaint is that her hair isn't "sexy" enough, then that's not much of a complaint.

Old 04-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #56
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I want to see Scarlett on the bike! Interesting that she has Cap's shield.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:08 PM   #57
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I never had a problem with it, it makes sense. And I've noticed that most of the complaints about her hair is that it's "ugly." Frankly, I find this to be a really weak complaint. She's a freaking spy, looking sexy should be WAY DOWN on her list of priorities. Functionality and practicality are infinitely more important. That hair from IM 2 didn't make her look like a super-spy, it made her look like a model. Seriously, if you're big complaint is that her hair isn't "sexy" enough, then that's not much of a complaint.
-Thor and Cap are warriors, and yet the filmmakers make damn sure they look pretty sexy throughout, with their perfectly done hair and glistening muscles

-For real practicality, you'd want a tight bun or something like that. Look at female soldiers, there's not many walkin around with short bobs. Also as a spy, if she goes undercover, looking sexy could be very advantageous

-At any point in Cap 2, did her slightly longer hair pull you out of the film and make you think "Oh she could never do that move, her hair woulda got caught!"...??

These characters all have superfluous s**t on their outfits that would be bad in battle. The Incredibles pretty much says it all about Thor's cape, and the same would hold true for any extra flaps, straps, pockets, etc. Superhero looks were not designed, in any way, to be practical. Thor also has longer hair than Widow, so there's that too. Comics are all about style, so there has to be some of that on film. Otherwise, Thor should be in armor no cape and short hair, and all the others should be in modern military kevlar.

The character's looks are important, it's why generally Marvel gets less flack than Fox, for sticking with close-to-comic looks for their characters. In the comics, she has long hair most of the time. So yes, I find the haircut hideous, and would prefer a better looking, long straight hairdo. Sorry, I find it important.

Last edited by BoredGuy; 04-14-2014 at 03:27 PM.
BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #58
Fondue
Side-Kick

It looks like Natasha just likes her hair bright and short... and rocks it. She's young in the MCU, mind you. She got that Natalie Rushman style because it was necessary for an undercover job, but in Cap2 she does missions that don't require anything like that.
Thor is above the cape rule because magic, and his hair doesn't really get in a way.
I'm all for the canon looks, but it must be reasonable. Marvel does this really well, imo.

Fondue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 09:58 PM   #59
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
-Thor and Cap are warriors, and yet the filmmakers make damn sure they look pretty sexy throughout, with their perfectly done hair and glistening muscles

-For real practicality, you'd want a tight bun or something like that. Look at female soldiers, there's not many walkin around with short bobs. Also as a spy, if she goes undercover, looking sexy could be very advantageous

-At any point in Cap 2, did her slightly longer hair pull you out of the film and make you think "Oh she could never do that move, her hair woulda got caught!"...??

These characters all have superfluous s**t on their outfits that would be bad in battle. The Incredibles pretty much says it all about Thor's cape, and the same would hold true for any extra flaps, straps, pockets, etc. Superhero looks were not designed, in any way, to be practical. Thor also has longer hair than Widow, so there's that too. Comics are all about style, so there has to be some of that on film. Otherwise, Thor should be in armor no cape and short hair, and all the others should be in modern military kevlar.

The character's looks are important, it's why generally Marvel gets less flack than Fox, for sticking with close-to-comic looks for their characters. In the comics, she has long hair most of the time. So yes, I find the haircut hideous, and would prefer a better looking, long straight hairdo. Sorry, I find it important.
And I don't not even a little. She's been established as a character who all about practicality. Her having long hair isn't practical given her line of work. Bringing up Thor and Cap is also pointless since they're completely different characters coming from completely different backgrounds. So comparing them doesn't work. She's Scarlett Johansson she's always sexy, period.

Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #60
CB Fan
The Watcher

Not sure why Whedon has such a hard on for that hairstyle on Widow but I don't like it. That said however in Avengers the hair actually looked better on film than in photos so there's that.
The new suit is weird, if they wanted to do something different why not give her the gold bracelets and belt from the comics.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #61
xeno000
Raining hell from above

I liked Natasha's Avengers hairstyle best so I'm happy to see it return. The style she had in TWS worked very well for that movie and looked perfectly fine. The long hair in IM2 was okay, but that sort of hairstyle is a hassle to manage when doing any sort of physical activity.

Having said that, Natasha's hair is about the last thing I care about when it comes to her as a character. A lot of men seem to be obsessed with the long hair and Natasha's hair in general, so I guess it's a guy thing. It's funny, but before the debates over her hair I would never have thought that men paid all that much attention to that sort of thing, much less got all emotional about it. You learn something every day.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #62
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
Not sure why Whedon has such a hard on for that hairstyle on Widow but I don't like it. That said however in Avengers the hair actually looked better on film than in photos so there's that.
The new suit is weird, if they wanted to do something different why not give her the gold bracelets and belt from the comics.
Agreed. My thing with Natasha's hair that Whedon is fond of is that it's dated. It ages her and she's playing a young Natasha. Natasha is edgy and modern and that hairstyle says none of that. It's very domestic looking and that ain't Natasha one bit. I am hoping it looks better onscreen, but they really could do so much better on that front. Hell give her that ponytail from IM2, anything different than what she has. Some men really shouldn't have say over a woman's hairstyle at all.

Destined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 10:26 AM   #63
batboy99
BTVS

I like the hair length but hate the way it's styled. It should be like this
http://www.shorthairstylesandcuts.co...hort-red-hair/
That's "young and edgy"
In the Avengers, it's so controlled and styled. She looks old.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #64
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

"I'm going to show you something..beautiful. Everyone, screaming for mercy..you want to save the world, but you don't want it to change. You are all puppets, tangled in..strings..strings. But now I'm free..there are no strings on me."

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
TheFirstAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #65
batboy99
BTVS

Thank you^ lol. I'm on my phone and couldn't get the proper link to the photo.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 04-27-2014, 02:57 PM   #66
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

No problem.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #67
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Her being a spy is precisely why she should look sexy. Her job is to infiltrate certain groups and get information out of them. Looking attractive is a huge advantage.

In that sense, her hair is equivalent to Batman's cape. It would get in the way of fighting in real life, but that's not a problem in the context of the fictional universe and serves a theatric function that's key to the way the character presents herself.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:51 PM   #68
Bren
Forevernoob

Her being a spy means she should look and dress how she deems the situation requires. Being a spy means she should NOT automatically dress like a combat soldier.

Being a comic book-based spy character in a live-action action film means she should look however the director wants her to look

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #69
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Scarlett Johansson's baby bump to be 'removed in post-production' for Avengers: Age of Ultron

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/a...nssons-3477710

Old 05-03-2014, 06:46 PM   #70
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
DANG!!!!

Old 05-05-2014, 10:15 AM   #71
ctsketch
Side-Kick

in IM2 she was undercover as a sexy office worker...

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:59 AM   #72
batboy99
BTVS

Did a drawing of BW from TWS. Have to get it rescanned because the quality is way too low for me.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!

Last edited by batboy99; 05-12-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #73
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

^^ Awesome!

TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #74
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

That's cool!

Old 05-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #75
3dman27
super-hero wannabe