The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 02:53 AM   #1
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 158
Default Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

I loved the X-Men franchise.

I even support X3 and XMW, no matter how flawed they are.

The Wolverine on the first two acts, took me to a height that only X2 and XM:FC delivered... The yakuza... the intimate relationship with Mariko... all so grounded... no mutants roaming around with flying colors... PERFECTION... Until we saw a giant robot who needed to "connect" with Logan to absorb his healing factor. One question... Couldn´t this have been done while logan was unconscious?

Anyway, the reason for my thread is: Why did FOX hired Bomback/Frank as rewriters? I read Chris McQuarrie´s script, and it was SO GOOD. I think Chris died a little on his inside after watching the final product.

Bomback, Frank and Benioff are no longer welcome on the franchise. Seriously.

I would love to be on the media and ask Shuller-Donner why a rewriter was needed. Heck, I don´t even know why Mangold allowed such a drastic change in the tone of the movie.

Your thoughts my X-Geeks?

lofoa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:07 AM   #2
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

What was the original ending?

__________________
Spider-Man 3.1 - Sign the petition!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/spiderman3
henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:12 AM   #3
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,223
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

They needed Logan to pop his claws out.

Viper deliberately angers him when he is restrained to accomplish this.

In order to cut the adamantium claws, the hot adamantium blade that mech suit Yashida wields is used.

Mariko shows up next to Logan and this totally interrupts their initial plan and Logan gets freed by accident.

MagnarTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:47 AM   #4
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 158
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
They needed Logan to pop his claws out.

Viper deliberately angers him when he is restrained to accomplish this.

In order to cut the adamantium claws, the hot adamantium blade that mech suit Yashida wields is used.

Mariko shows up next to Logan and this totally interrupts their initial plan and Logan gets freed by accident.
But at the end, what Yashida needed was Logan´s genes. Those could have been extracted clinically... Having the Silver Samurai just to cut the claws was, again, very cartoonish.

lofoa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 158
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
What was the original ending?
It was a great final battle, awesomely written, between Kenuichio Harada (on a silver samurai armor), Logan and Yashida. The last man standing will inherit control of the clan. Obviously you know who wins in the end

Also, the first and last command from Logan to everyone in the clan is: seppukku. So this way the Clan will end for good.

After the goodbyes between him and Mariko (logan leaves on a boat), an associate of him and Mariko, delivers to Logan some documentation with information from his past. He never open those, just throw them overboard.

lofoa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:22 AM   #6
henzINNIT
Side-Kick
 
henzINNIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,852
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofoa82 View Post
It was a great final battle, awesomely written, between Kenuichio Harada (on a silver samurai armor), Logan and Yashida. The last man standing will inherit control of the clan. Obviously you know who wins in the end

Also, the first and last command from Logan to everyone in the clan is: seppukku. So this way the Clan will end for good.

After the goodbyes between him and Mariko (logan leaves on a boat), an associate of him and Mariko, delivers to Logan some documentation with information from his past. He never open those, just throw them overboard.
Probably would have been better, though the last bit about ditching his history feels a bit too similar to his decision in X2.

There's a million ways to end the film in a more satisfying way, it did really dip after the awesome fight with Shingen.

__________________
Spider-Man 3.1 - Sign the petition!
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/spiderman3
henzINNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 158
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
Probably would have been better, though the last bit about ditching his history feels a bit too similar to his decision in X2.

There's a million ways to end the film in a more satisfying way, it did really dip after the awesome fight with Shingen.
Im with you man! That fight with Shingen is my favourite fight scene from all the franchise. I never get tired of it. Actually, whenever I watch the movie, I always stop playing the movie just after the fight with the ninjas. After that, the movie turns into a joke for me.

lofoa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:56 PM   #8
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,389
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofoa82 View Post
I loved the X-Men franchise.

I even support X3 and XMW, no matter how flawed they are.

The Wolverine on the first two acts, took me to a height that only X2 and XM:FC delivered... The yakuza... the intimate relationship with Mariko... all so grounded... no mutants roaming around with flying colors... PERFECTION... Until we saw a giant robot who needed to "connect" with Logan to absorb his healing factor. One question... Couldn´t this have been done while logan was unconscious?

Anyway, the reason for my thread is: Why did FOX hired Bomback/Frank as rewriters? I read Chris McQuarrie´s script, and it was SO GOOD. I think Chris died a little on his inside after watching the final product.

Bomback, Frank and Benioff are no longer welcome on the franchise. Seriously.

I would love to be on the media and ask Shuller-Donner why a rewriter was needed. Heck, I don´t even know why Mangold allowed such a drastic change in the tone of the movie.

Your thoughts my X-Geeks?
Is there somewhere why there is review of the Mcquarrie draft?

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:59 PM   #9
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,737
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

For me, the problem with the 3rd act was the pacing and some bad lines.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #10
lofoa82
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 158
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Is there somewhere why there is review of the Mcquarrie draft?
You mean why it was rewritten? I didn´t get you, I´m sorry...

lofoa82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:25 AM   #11
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,389
Default Re: Can someone please explain what Bomback tried to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofoa82 View Post
You mean why it was rewritten? I didn´t get you, I´m sorry...
A review of what was In that draft and summary of what was different than of final film.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.