The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 10:48 PM   #26
Space Ghost
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Why can´t Alfred be the Boy Wonder?

Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #27
Space Ghost
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalMart View Post
'Cuz he'd have to wear shorty-shorts. And Irons doesn't go there.
I just think it would be cool if Wonder Woman trained Alfred to be the Boy Wonder. That´s all.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #28
geetard
The Amazon Smile

What a ridiculous idea.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
Space Ghost
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
What a ridiculous idea.
Why? Do you think he should be trained by Batman? Maybe you´re right.

Old 04-15-2014, 11:13 PM   #30
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Bad/sad news for Adventures of Superman readers...

Adventures of Superman Cancelled, to Be Replaced By Infinite Crisis in May

I'm going to be expecting cameos by Eminem and Kid Rock.
you know who else likes Detroit? Michael Moore

Old 04-15-2014, 11:33 PM   #31
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Robocop Statue cameo or nothing!

HERESY!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:29 AM   #32
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Les Gold cameo!

Batman: "I'm here to sell my batmobile."

Les Gold: "I can give you 5 dollars"

And then they fight for 5 minutes before the security guard throws Batman out.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:09 AM   #33
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

I was listening to "General Zod" (particularly 4:22 onwards) from the Man of Steel soundtrack and it was effin eargasmic! found some great comments from a youtube video of it also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXzXL1YT1_k

Quote:
Quote:
Is it just me, or does this actually kind of reflect the same composition as in Superman's theme? Plus, whereas that score is full of hope and inspiration enough to defy gravity and move mountains, this seems to reflect the cold and joyless but dedicated resolve of a man prepared to die for his cause. It also seems to carry an unbearable weight as if the only thing holding down an indescribable tragedy is a directionless anger of knowing that failure means that your entire existence; designated for the greatest of purposes, has been robbed of all purpose.
Quote:
While Zod's methods were cruel, and his directive genocidal to an entire race of people, his conviction to do what he thought right was so strong that it kind of resounds and is hard not to somewhat respect. He was born a little bit to perfect in his single-minded purpose, hence why he turned on the council in the first place. They bred him to be a warrior and to protect Krypton. They didn't breed him to blindly follow non military superiors without question, or to feel compassion towards non-kryptonians. He was kind of like Hal 9000 in a way; the machine programmed so well with a single task that it mades it's programmers obsolete, and even recognized their flaws as a danger to it's purpose.

And as much as I truly can't fault Kal for protecting his people, I can neither say that I can't understand Zod going over the edge when she scout ship was destroyed. Just imagine, being vilified for doing what you were born to do, having to kill your best friend because, (in your mind), he stood to hinder your one task, loosing your entire civilization, and planet, and then, decades later, having one final chance to resurrect it, only to have that chance ripped from your hands, your few remaining people thrown into oblivion, leaving you stranded on a strange planet that will never be your home. Can anyone honestly say they wouldn't snap.
Quote:
Towards the end, it feels like it would be used in the last part of a final battle scene for JL, starting off all grim and dark and progressively getting higher in pitch.

Die Mannschaft 2014 + Bayern München #31 + Barcelona #10

Last edited by snpklsdmbldr; 04-16-2014 at 03:14 AM.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:45 AM   #34
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
It was obviously not related to BvS. I thought it'd be about Damian's return, personally.
I didn't think about that. I guess they want wait a little longer before that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I do enjoy Fleischer and Supes/Robots.

The Smallville comic is decent actually. I didn't expect to like any of it because I didn't like the show, but it was alright. The New 52 Supes has gotten better recently, but there was a long period where I couldn't deal with it. It still doesn't come close to AOS though.
I liked the show enough. I assume the comic's better since there are less cooks in the kitchen and written by someone actually interested in the character. I've read a little bit of New 52 and I liked what I read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Did they actually put that statue up?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 04-16-2014, 08:13 AM   #35
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
I didn't think about that. I guess they want wait a little longer before that.

I liked the show enough. I assume the comic's better since there are less cooks in the kitchen and written by someone actually interested in the character. I've read a little bit of New 52 and I liked what I read.

Did they actually put that statue up?
It's being built last time I checked.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:17 AM   #36
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

I want the Batman tone from the Batman: The Animated Series

Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #37
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - Part 46

Quote:
Bad/sad news for Adventures of Superman readers...

Adventures of Superman Cancelled, to Be Replaced By Infinite Crisis in May
That is a real bummer. Adventures is my favorite series right now...

And I hope the continue to bring the final issues to paperback since that is how I've been reading them.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:06 AM   #38
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
That is a real bummer. Adventures is my favorite series right now...

And I hope the continue to bring the final issues to paperback since that is how I've been reading them.
One of the few good comics by DC gets cancelled, yay...

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 AM   #39
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
One of the few good comics by DC gets cancelled, yay...
Speaking of good comics, Ive finally read Kingdom Come. I think the overall story and theme was incredible. Im not typically a fan of Superman stories but seeing him come out of retirement to try and help humanity was really interesting and inspiring. However, the ending to the war felt like a cop-out. It was pretty much Superman just saying hey, Billy... soooo... whats your thoughts on all this stuff?. Im not saying it doesnt make sense and its not intriguing but I really wanted it all to come down to Superman making a final call, not passing the buck. Still a great story and Alex Ross makes the best artwork.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-16-2014, 10:56 AM   #40
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
Speaking of good comics, Ive finally read Kingdom Come. I think the overall story and theme was incredible. Im not typically a fan of Superman stories but seeing him come out of retirement to try and help humanity was really interesting and inspiring. However, the ending to the war felt like a cop-out. It was pretty much Superman just saying hey, Billy... soooo... whats your thoughts on all this stuff?. Im not saying it doesnt make sense and its not intriguing but I really wanted it all to come down to Superman making a final call, not passing the buck. Still a great story and Alex Ross makes the best artwork.
But, he wasn't passing the buck off to Billy.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 04-16-2014, 10:59 AM   #41
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

It kind of felt like it. Superman could have made a judgement call to stop the bomb or let it take out the meta humans but he couldnt make the decision so he asks Billy since hes the only guy who could be unbiased with his decision. Logically it makes sense but personally I feel like Superman should have made the call. He spent a majority of the book not knowing whether he was doing the right thing and by making a final call in the war it could have thematically made sense.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Brotherhood View Post
I want the Batman tone from the Batman: The Animated Series
yeeee don't we all?

Old 04-16-2014, 11:19 AM   #43
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

So when are we getting this title confirmation? Jett seems to think very soon.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 AM   #44
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
It kind of felt like it. Superman could have made a judgement call to stop the bomb or let it take out the meta humans but he couldnt make the decision so he asks Billy since hes the only guy who could be unbiased with his decision. Logically it makes sense but personally I feel like Superman should have made the call. He spent a majority of the book not knowing whether he was doing the right thing and by making a final call in the war it could have thematically made sense.
Didn't seem that way to me. He was going to try and stop that bomb, but Billy was preventing him from doing it. Then, he told Billy they could keep fighting and allow everyone to die or stop so he do something about the bomb.

"

Old 04-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #45
xDumpweed182x
Forever-a-Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
I was listening to "General Zod" (particularly 4:22 onwards) from the Man of Steel soundtrack and it was effin eargasmic! found some great comments from a youtube video of it also.

There isn't a track titled General Zod...

Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM   #46
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDumpweed182x View Post
There isn't a track titled General Zod...
There is on the deluxe edition of the soundtrack.

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Hans.../dp/B00C2U6G7C

Old 04-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #47
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Saw this online:

Old 04-16-2014, 02:22 PM   #48
Van Petrol
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post

It reminds me slightly of Zimmer's score for The Bible.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=urR8muDTkD0#t=8m09s

Old 04-16-2014, 03:37 PM   #49
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Saw this online:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Oh JL8, you always hit me in the feels.

Old 04-16-2014, 03:46 PM   #50
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

JL8's the best.

"

Closed Thread