The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 02:31 AM   #76
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I got a wallet that says Bad Mutha****er on it.
Hey, i got one of those too. Bought it 2006. I would post a link to where i bought it online but the wallet and image of it have bad words on it and it would probably get me in trouble.

Last edited by bluerayer; 04-17-2014 at 02:54 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 03:50 AM   #77
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

I got a wallet too. It's black.

Old 04-17-2014, 04:22 AM   #78
bluerayer
The Man From Uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
I got a wallet too. It's black.
Had one of those, it broke.

And it seems i de-railed another thread...

Thanks for assisting me.

Last edited by bluerayer; 04-17-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:46 AM   #79
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
anyone post this?

slow clap for mr.mackie, i take back what i said about him earlier.
I find the idea that there's some feminist imperative to make a Wonder Woman movie extremely silly.

Is there a problem with Hollywood that girls and women are underrepresented? Yes. Hollywood thinks that a The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo adaptation should emphasize Mikael Blomkvist over Lisbeth Salander.

Does that mean that there needs to be a Wonder Woman movie? No.

There are plenty of great female characters, and given that the link references little girls, I strongly doubt that they'd be as interested in Wonder Woman as they would be in a Legend of Korra adaptation. If you raise the age level, each of Buffy, Powerpuff Girls, Sailor Moon, April O'Neil, Hermione Granger, Dana Scully, etc etc etc would probably gather more interest.

Is Wonder Woman the most popular little girls costume on Halloween? Is it the most popular cosplay outfit at cons? I'm guessing no.

I bet that Whedon's portrayal of Scarlet Witch will be a lot more popular than some Wonder Woman movie that Goyer or Berlanti puts together.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 04-17-2014 at 05:53 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #80
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Mark Hughes ‏@markhughesfilms 7m

Coming this morning to my blog at @Forbes, my exclusive extended interview with #BatmanvsSuperman director @ZackSnyder! Stay tuned...

Old 04-17-2014, 08:04 AM   #81
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post

Somehow, someway, in alternate universes, a "Kingdom Come" film is screening right now. Brings me to tears.

Old 04-17-2014, 08:10 AM   #82
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I find the idea that there's some feminist imperative to make a Wonder Woman movie extremely silly.

Is there a problem with Hollywood that girls and women are underrepresented? Yes. Hollywood thinks that a The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo adaptation should emphasize Mikael Blomkvist over Lisbeth Salander.

Does that mean that there needs to be a Wonder Woman movie? No.

There are plenty of great female characters, and given that the link references little girls, I strongly doubt that they'd be as interested in Wonder Woman as they would be in a Legend of Korra adaptation. If you raise the age level, each of Buffy, Powerpuff Girls, Sailor Moon, April O'Neil, Hermione Granger, Dana Scully, etc etc etc would probably gather more interest.

Is Wonder Woman the most popular little girls costume on Halloween? Is it the most popular cosplay outfit at cons? I'm guessing no.

I bet that Whedon's portrayal of Scarlet Witch will be a lot more popular than some Wonder Woman movie that Goyer or Berlanti puts together.
I agree with you on the whole, but I still think it's necessary to do a Wondy movie or a Ms. Marvel movie, mostly because I think women have no representation in superhero movie lead roles. The superhero genre has a lot of female fans. Why do we keep denying them movies led by females?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:25 AM   #83
Alonsovich
Schumacher's Spider-man

http://www.mtv.com/videos/movies/919...of-steel.jhtml

Ok, so I just noticed this. It's a seemingly little cast interview on MTV for the release of MoS. Seemingly because the last question is "Lois Lane or Wonder Woman" and Michael Shannon says "Wonder Woman IS coming back though" while looking at Zack Snyder, then they somehow backpedal it with some jokes. Keep in mind this video is from before the BvS film was even announced. Me thinks they've been longer at this than what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLBats
Does it disgust anyone that when we were being born, our penises were technically in our mother's vaginas? Isn't that disgusting?
Old 04-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #84
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Mark Hughes ‏@markhughesfilms 7m

Coming this morning to my blog at @Forbes, my exclusive extended interview with #BatmanvsSuperman director @ZackSnyder! Stay tuned...

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:41 AM   #85
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I agree with you on the whole, but I still think it's necessary to do a Wondy movie or a Ms. Marvel movie, mostly because I think women have no representation in superhero movie lead roles. The superhero genre has a lot of female fans. Why do we keep denying them movies led by females?
I think that they "need" to make a female-led superhero movie as well. But it doesn't need to be Wonder Woman, a good movie about Huntress, Zatanna, Supergirl, etc will do from DC's part.

Disappointingly, the three super heroine movies so far are Supergirl, Elektra, and Catwoman. They have Rotten Tomatoes scores of 8%, 9%, and 10%, for a combined score of 27%, which is still an awful movie. If you add Tomb Raider (19%), Sucker Punch (23%), and Underworld (31%), you end up with an integrated 100% score.

Though, I think that Sucker Punch, Underworld, and Resident Evil (33%) are underrated.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 AM   #86
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

https://twitter.com/BATMANONFILM/sta...94229650362368
Quote:
It might be wise for us to be diligent this weekend, FYI. #BvS

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #87
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich View Post

Ok, so I just noticed this. It's a seemingly little cast interview on MTV for the release of MoS. Seemingly because the last question is "Lois Lane or Wonder Woman" and Michael Shannon says "Wonder Woman IS coming back though" while looking at Zack Snyder, then they somehow backpedal it with some jokes. Keep in mind this video is from before the BvS film was even announced. Me thinks they've been longer at this than what they say.
Lol as soon as Michael Shannon said that Snyder was like

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #88
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Interview is up!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhugh...n-vs-superman/

Old 04-17-2014, 09:06 AM   #89
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post

Old 04-17-2014, 09:07 AM   #90
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
Thank you, sir.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:09 AM   #91
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:16 AM   #92
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I think that they "need" to make a female-led superhero movie as well. But it doesn't need to be Wonder Woman, a good movie about Huntress, Zatanna, Supergirl, etc will do from DC's part.

Disappointingly, the three super heroine movies so far are Supergirl, Elektra, and Catwoman. They have Rotten Tomatoes scores of 8%, 9%, and 10%, for a combined score of 27%, which is still an awful movie. If you add Tomb Raider (19%), Sucker Punch (23%), and Underworld (31%), you end up with an integrated 100% score.

Though, I think that Sucker Punch, Underworld, and Resident Evil (33%) are underrated.
If there was a major female comic character from Vertigo we'd probably get that before any of those women.

I get annoyed with people who say a female-led superhero movie can't work based on the performance of Catwoman, Elektra, etc. Those were awful movies, but they weren't awful because a female led the cast.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #93
Side-Kick

Had again by Mark Hughes. There is no "big news" in the article (at least nothing I've been able to suss out). Biggest thing seems to be that it's strongly implied/"confirmed" we'll see the suits prior to the filming of any scenes involving the heroes. Which all of us basically knew anyway.

Maybe I missed something...anyone else find anything?

EDIT: That's not to say the interview is worthless. There are actually a lot of good points in there, about all of Snyder's films. I agree with the point that Snyder is underappreciated as a filmmaker too. But doesn't change the fact there is no BvS news.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers

Last edited by 113; 04-17-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #94
roach
I am the night

Something interesting that I took away from the interview:

On spy pics:
ZS: The one nice thing is that, the schedule is designed carefully so that I don’t know that that’ll be [a problem]– but who knows, these cats are pretty good at getting the drop on us with these photos. But, when we finally do show it, it’s gonna be real fun. And it’s true, you gotta make sure– you’re gonna want the real shot…

a lot of people are thinking we'll get the pics this month before shooting. I always felt that they may reveal the costumes at Comic con and arrange their shooting schedule so no outside costume shots occur before comic con.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #95
sportjames23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alonsovich View Post

B-b-b-but, WB has no idea what they're doing.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:57 AM   #96
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Something interesting that I took away from the interview:

On spy pics:
ZS: The one nice thing is that, the schedule is designed carefully so that I donít know that thatíll be [a problem]Ė but who knows, these cats are pretty good at getting the drop on us with these photos. But, when we finally do show it, itís gonna be real fun. And itís true, you gotta make sureĖ youíre gonna want the real shotÖ

a lot of people are thinking we'll get the pics this month before shooting. I always felt that they may reveal the costumes at Comic con and arrange their shooting schedule so no outside costume shots occur before comic con.
Yeah, this is what I mostly took away from the interview. A real bummer. Also the fact that Zack Snyder is way more into Millers TDKR then I realized. Hes gonna have so much of that infused with this film.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-17-2014, 09:58 AM   #97
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
That kind of reminds me about this one from February... which turned out to be absolutely nothing!
https://twitter.com/BATMANONFILM/sta...68547023339520

But a Ben Affleck/Batman photo would definitely make tomorrow a *really* Good Friday!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:01 AM   #98
Goshdarn Batman
Hm...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
Zack Snyder is way more into Millers TDKR then I realized. Hes gonna have so much of that infused with this film.
Yeah, this doesn't sound too good...

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #99
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
That kind of reminds me about this one from February... which turned out to be absolutely nothing!
https://twitter.com/BATMANONFILM/sta...68547023339520

But a Ben Affleck/Batman photo would definitely make tomorrow a *really* Good Friday!!!
Happy Ishtar WB!

Old 04-17-2014, 10:02 AM   #100
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Yeah, this doesn't sound too good...
I disagree. I think it sounds great.

Closed Thread