The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #101
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

For an interview, that guy inserts way too many of his own ideas into his questions/statements.

Also, of course this Batman interpretation is going to be TDKReturns inspired: The movie was announced with a reading from TDKReturns, it's tentatively called Batman VS Superman, and we have an older bigger weary Batman.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-17-2014 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #102
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
For an interview, that guy inserts way too many of his own ideas into his questions/statements.
Our criticisms aside, this was much better than the Kevin Smith interview, which was 90% about Kevin Smith.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:10 AM   #103
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
That's the way he is. Over at BOF, he's the "forum expert", and is extremely wordy. You can ask him a simple yes or no question, and he'll give you a good 7-10 paragraph answer.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #104
shauner111
Side-Kick

Snyder is basically saying, that he intended for another Superman movie with kryptonite being sent to Bruce Wayne at the end of it, but because he mentioned Supes fighting Bats for fun at a meeting...that it's now Batman vs Superman. All because WB cant wait for money. They saw the concept and ran with it right away instead of waiting. Not saying it's wrong but now it's a fact.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:13 AM   #105
kguillou
Side-Kick

It just sounds like he's being honest he sounds very excited about this. He's not like JJ Abrams who doesnt say two words about his movies until they're released. Snyder is telling us upfront he's seen the costumes and has the picture hanging on his wall and he wants to show us but can't. I appreciate that honesty.

Also, its sounding like most of the costume tests so far have been with stand-ins and not Affleck and Gadot yet.

Last edited by kguillou; 04-17-2014 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 10:15 AM   #106
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
Yeah, this is what I mostly took away from the interview. A real bummer. Also the fact that Zack Snyder is way more into Millers TDKR then I realized. Hes gonna have so much of that infused with this film.
well I do agree with them on this....do I really want the first time I see Batman and Superman together on film to be a grainy iPhone or Galaxy S5 pic or the one WB/DC/Zack Snyder wants us to see?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2014, 10:18 AM   #107
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
That kind of reminds me about this one from February... which turned out to be absolutely nothing!
https://twitter.com/BATMANONFILM/sta...68547023339520

But a Ben Affleck/Batman photo would definitely make tomorrow a *really* Good Friday!!!
There is a con going on this weekend

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2014, 10:22 AM   #108
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Snyder is basically saying, that he intended for another Superman movie with kryptonite being sent to Bruce Wayne at the end of it, but because he mentioned Supes fighting Bats for fun at a meeting...that it's now Batman vs Superman. All because WB cant wait for money. They saw the concept and ran with it right away instead of waiting. Not saying it's wrong but now it's a fact.
Disney made The Avengers instead of The Incredible Hulk 2 because they can't wait for money. It's not wrong, but it's a fact.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #109
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Like who sent the Kryptonite to Bruce? Lex? That's something that did happen in Lex Luthor: Man of Steel.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #110
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
I'm reading the interview now and this guy is totally sucking Snyder's dick, it's kind of hilarious.

Interesting comments on Superman, Watchmen, and Sucker Punch. Turns out that there's an ultimate version of Watchmen in the works, so I won't be buying the director's cut ... typical Zack Snyder lol. The journalist refers to feminist praise of Sucker Punch, and these great articles, and Snyder says, "send me the articles", I'd like to read them too.
I think you mean Sucker Punch? the Ultimate cut of Watchmen is my all time favorite CBM.

Die Mannschaft 2014 + Bayern MŁnchen #31 + Barcelona #10

Old 04-17-2014, 10:30 AM   #111
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

I bet WB has this planned out to a tee. SDCC will be when they release the suits UNLESS someone gets a spy pic in before then (which based off of Snyders comments Im doubting will happen) in which case they will immediately release it online.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #112
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Pretty competent critique of Sucker Punch linked from the interview.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #113
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not sure what goes for facts around here(on on the internet) but that actually sounds like typical fandom conjecture to me. Particularly the part about WB.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #114
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

So people want to make money?

I'm disgusted.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #115
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by taigawithapen View Post
I bet WB has this planned out to a tee. SDCC will be when they release the suits UNLESS someone gets a spy pic in before then (which based off of Snyders comments Im doubting will happen) in which case they will immediately release it online.
WB does have this planned out to a tee. That how studio marketing works. It would be interesting to find out who set up the interview. If Forbes set up the interview then nothing is significant...if WB set it up we could see the beginnings of a pre production marketing ramp up

Old 04-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #116
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Not sure what goes for facts around here(on on the internet) but that actually sounds like typical fandom conjecture to me. Particularly the part about WB.
I know if I was in a story meeting after making a pretty successful Superman movie and someone said "What about Batman"... we aint talking about nothing else.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:36 AM   #117
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshdarn Batman View Post
Yeah, this doesn't sound too good...
Considering what DKR did for the property during those times and it's reigning significance..and it's sweet animated film. I personally don't think it's all that bad.

I'm personally more interested in that batman than I am another baleman. Can't speak for everyone though.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:38 AM   #118
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
So people want to make money?

I'm disgusted.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #119
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Not sure all of that is "fact."

Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 AM   #120
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
WB waiting? Haven't they done enough of that? It's about time they got on with it, imo. It doesn't have to be billion dollar high art all the time. You'll have hits and misses and mixed in any franchise.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #121
Rorschach2012
$

i ****ing love TDKReturns, so i look forward to seeing what elements of that story are put into this movie.

My only hope is that Superman isn't portrayed how he is in TDKR

Old 04-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #122
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
WB waiting? Haven't they done enough of that? It's about time they got on with it, imo. It doesn't have to be billion dollar high art all the time. You'll have hits and misses and mixed in any franchise.
waited...to do it like Marvel does

Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #123
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
i ****ing love TDKReturns, so i look forward to seeing what elements of that story are put into this movie.

I doubt it. Superman in MOS didn't seem like he'd be the government's lap dog anytime soon.

If I had to guess...Lex manipulates Superman and Batman into conflict so that he can run his master scheme without their interference.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:47 AM   #124
taigawithapen
Ask me about my raps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post

This. Im not a giant Superman fan but even I know that Superman got shafted in TDKR.

"You thought we could be decent men in an indecent time! But you were wrong."
Old 04-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #125
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I doubt it. Superman in MOS didn't seem like he'd be the government's lap dog anytime soon.

If I had to guess...Lex manipulates Superman and Batman into conflict so that he can run his master scheme without their interference.
Good idea, that sounds pretty awesome.

I'm having such a hard time trying to figure out what this films plot will be.

I have no idea how Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, Lex Luthor, and presumably another Superman villain like Metallo or Doomsday will work into this story

Closed Thread