The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Old 04-17-2014, 02:52 AM   #126
yllum
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor should be more powerful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
It's pretty clear Thor hasn't been done justice when it comes to his powers and fighting ability. No director or choreographer has been able to figure out an effective looking fighting style for him.

And there is a severe lack of imagination when it comes to showing his abilities. They haven't even scratched the surface when it comes to Thor yet. All he seems to do is stand there hitting people with his hammer or throwing it. Or hitting them with bolts of lightning.

1. Why is he always grounded? I want to see him dog fighting like Superman or Iron Man
2. Why does he just whack people with Mjolnir or hit them with lightning? I want more weather manipulation, tornadoes, hurricanes, snow storms etc. Show us some energy manipulation or even have him create a dimensional rift/black hole like the comics. Imagine him creating a dimensional rift inside an active volcano and dumping it on Ultron or something? Cool as hell.

I think Hemsworth is great in the role. But he has been short changed just as much as we have i think. He needs to be more vocal like how Evans was with updating Cap's fighting abilities. I want to see the Thor from the comics... who is basically a much more versatile Superman.
Very well explained there !!
if I can call the shot in future thor movies. I would like thor to be fighting like superman in MOS.

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #127
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yeah, most of what we've seen has been mainly Mjolnir-based. I want to see a feat that doesnt invlove the hammer and instead showcases Thor's raw, natural strength. Christ, the fella is class 100. How about we see something indicative of that in one of the films?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #128
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

can't wait till Hercules joins the team and gives Thor a run for his money

The.Brotherhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:34 AM   #129
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Brotherhood View Post
Yeah makes me wonder if Marvel will do that?
I loved the Asgard/Olympus crossovers

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:14 AM   #130
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Yeah makes me wonder if Marvel will do that?
I loved the Asgard/Olympus crossovers
I wonder if we will ever see the mighty Thorcules on the big screen.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:42 AM   #131
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Think I started a thread once about having a Herc cameo in a Thor movie.

Old 04-17-2014, 01:00 PM   #132
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I do agree, I would like to see at least one big strength feat that isn't "grappling/fisticuffs with another brick", and that isn't mediated by Mjolnir.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:50 PM   #133
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I do agree, I would like to see at least one big strength feat that isn't "grappling/fisticuffs with another brick", and that isn't mediated by Mjolnir.
remmeber the scene in TWS where batroc tease cap, saying something like. " I thought u were more than just a shield "

I would like a similar moment with thor. haha maybe the enemy can tease thor saying " you are nothing without ur hammer " that would have been cool. seeing how thor will react!

Old 04-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #134
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

Oh damn. Please go all out on that.

Thor is in his full armour, including the helmet. I takes the helmet off with one hand, and lets go of the mjolnir in the other. THUNK! The hammer falls and hit the ground while sizzling with electricity, just when Thor dashes forward to finish the other guy.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #135
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
Oh damn. Please go all out on that.

Thor is in his full armour, including the helmet. I takes the helmet off with one hand, and lets go of the mjolnir in the other. THUNK! The hammer falls and hit the ground while sizzling with electricity, just when Thor dashes forward to finish the other guy.
hahaha nice one!! you even included sound effect..THUNK!!!!!!!

Old 04-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #136
Bren
Forevernoob

Have him drop the hammer, raise his hands with electricity flaring in his eyes, and then basically obliterates everything within a 1km arc in front of him with wild bolts of lightning from the sky.

As the enemy falls over, he nonchalantly turns around and walks back to his colleagues, willing mjolnir to return. Seeing them looking at him, shocked, he stops.
CA staring at him incredulously, "The lightning.... It doesn't come from the hammer????"
Thor smiling, "No my friend." Looking back at the devastation, he laughs, "But amongst other things, it does help me aim..."

Old 04-17-2014, 06:24 PM   #137
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
Yes, great to see an thor fan agreeing with me that thor is short changed in MCU.

I feel that thor fight against the frost giant in thor 1 is his best fight so far. do you like that fight?
I specifically brought that fight up when I first commented in this thread. We got to see him taking on hordes of Jotun's all by himself, leveled a massive area around him with that blast, and then took down a giant Jotunheim beast.

Since then they've been stuck mostly on this "he's very durable" thing (except when fighting Kurse) and hitting things with his hammer in a not-so-creative fashion.

Thor is a one man wrecking machine. I want to see more of it.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 PM   #138
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Brotherhood View Post
Doubt you'll ever see that. There's simply no need, especially given how many previous renditions there has been of that character in other movies (there are two in the last year).

They'll stick to their more original properties.

My Official "X-Men: DOFP" Review - http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=909
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 06:54 PM   #139
STR1
Side-Kick

Yeah, a Hercules on the MCU is a big no-no.

STR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 11:17 AM   #140
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

I want to see stuff like this lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-19-2014, 11:19 AM   #141
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

bwhahahahaha BEST Thor/Herc story EVER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Incredible Hans View Post
I wonder if we will ever see the mighty Thorcules on the big screen.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-19-2014, 11:23 AM   #142
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR1 View Post
Yeah, a Hercules on the MCU is a big no-no.
It's not that it's a nono because Herc isn't own by anyone. I'd see him more in a Thor Film before We see Herc in Avengers.
Example, if Thor 3 IS Ragnarok, I can see Olympus and the other Pantheons battling Surtur and his hordes

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-19-2014, 11:25 AM   #143
TheVision
Truth and Soul

Hercules will be associated with Brett Ratner now. We Marvel fans cant have that.

"I try to make my superhero movies as if there's either never been one or there's only ever been them. I work with the idea that it's just a natural way for people to be, so that you still make a movie about people." - Joss Whedon
TheVision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 12:06 PM   #144
Loki882
Side-Kick

As stated before, they don't want to make Thor TOO powerful. If he did some of the things that people here are suggesting that he do, then a lot of the audience is going to wonder why the other Avengers are even there, since Thor can handle it all on his own. Characters in superhero movies are almost always weaker than they're comic book counterparts. Now don't misunderstand me, I also want him to be stronger in the movies. Or, perhaps more accurately, I want him to demonstrate more variety/skill in his powers than he has so far. But they're has to be limits.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 04:49 AM   #145
The Endless
Side-Kick

Well yea, there has to be limits. But i just want more imagination.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:51 AM   #146
seahammer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
As stated before, they don't want to make Thor TOO powerful. If he did some of the things that people here are suggesting that he do, then a lot of the audience is going to wonder why the other Avengers are even there, since Thor can handle it all on his own. Characters in superhero movies are almost always weaker than they're comic book counterparts. Now don't misunderstand me, I also want him to be stronger in the movies. Or, perhaps more accurately, I want him to demonstrate more variety/skill in his powers than he has so far. But they're has to be limits.
I think this is what most of us want, Chris Hemsworth included.

Honestly, I don't think Thor will have a major part in A:AoU... but I hope that to compensate for that, Thor does some awesome stuff for any screen time he does get.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:52 AM   #147
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'm sure Whedon will include the infamous line he has with Ultron, but this won't be his story like Avengers somewhat was due to Loki.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 11:07 AM   #148
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm sure Whedon will include the infamous line he has with Ultron, but this won't be his story like Avengers somewhat was due to Loki.
No it won't be especially seeing as how Hemsworth starts filming in May, many weeks after the others have started it's clear he will be one with lesser screen time.

However the Avengers wasn't about Thor either and considering the villain was his brother you would have thought he would have been more central. Although of course the Avengers films should be about the interaction between the team and less about the individuals.

Ghostcrow13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #149
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
I agree on him being a nice balance of powerful and versatile, but I'd rather not emphasize his physical strength too much. If he's pulling off feats that rival the Hulk's, then why is Hulk even there? Super strength is Hulk's one and only forte, so I say reserve those feats for him. I want to be wowed by Hulk throwing an oil tanker or something, but it'll lose impact if we then see Thor do something similar. Besides, Thor's got plenty of other things up his sleeve to wow the audience with.

Let Thor be the one that fires off god blasts, opens up portals, manipulates the weather, and using hundreds of years worth of battle experience to dominate opponents. Sure a lot of that requires Mjolnir, but as long as Thor kicks ass, I don't really care how in the end.

CoherentChaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #150
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Hercules will be associated with Brett Ratner now. We Marvel fans cant have that.
Don't forget the Rock is supposed to be doing a Herc film too

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011