The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #976
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The latter. I had my doubts when he said that South Africa was going to fill in for Wakanda because the shooting in South Africa was all second unit.
First of all, it's not like they're shooting at a gigantic film studio with their own sets made or anything.

Second, Faraci seldom if ever randomly posts BS for traffic, and considering the fact he did not make an article proclaiming it and hid the nugget in something completely separate from it, that accusation doesn't even make sense.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:36 PM   #977
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Well, I hope its true, would love to see Wakanda and Black Panther in the movie. They can easily have a Wakanda set at the studio and w/ all the great CGI they can do these days, they could create most of it on the computer.

Last edited by TheVision; 04-18-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #978
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I am starting to question Devin Faraci's credibility over his "Wakanda in Age of Ultron" rumors big time.
It was really Drew McWeeny of HitFix who first said Wakanda would be in AOU. Also, Johannesburg, which will appear as itself in AOU, was not the only South African filming location. And Marvel's documentary-special actually showed Joss Whedon behind the camera in South Africa.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:45 PM   #979
TheVision

The cameras couldve filmed South Africas jungle area for CGI rendering. Remember how they did the NYC buildings in A1?

Old 04-18-2014, 05:11 PM   #980
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
It was really Drew McWeeny of HitFix who first said Wakanda would be in AOU. Also, Johannesburg, which will appear as itself in AOU, was not the only South African filming location. And Marvel's documentary-special actually showed Joss Whedon behind the camera in South Africa.
I had forgotten that McWeeny mentioned Wakanda in AOU. He has a lot more credibility than Faraci.

And I think I need to watch Assembling the Universe again to see Joss in South Africa because all I remember reading was that it was second unit shooting.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-18-2014, 07:33 PM   #981
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I watch assembling a universe one a week, amazing what ms has accomplished

Old 04-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #982
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I watch assembling a universe one a week, amazing what ms has accomplished
Imagine where they could be 10 years from now.

Old 04-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #983
Kurne
Side-Kick

Assembling A Universe should be back during Phase Three, especially after Ant-Man and Doc Strange.

Old 04-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #984
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-19-2014, 06:30 AM   #985
TheVision

I rewatched Incredible Hulk (2008) last night, my fav big screen standalone version of the character so far. you can see SHIELD (HYDRA) monitoring people on computer (like Bruce, Rick Jones etc) as well as doing the experiments with the super soldier serum. Theres even a similar kind of secret data stick used like the one in TWS. It actually ties in pretty nicely to whats going on now. It makes you realize that HYDRA has all the info and resources created by Erskine, Banner, Sterns, Selvig etc, so its no wonder theyll be creating super villains/expanding the universe even more.

Last edited by TheVision; 04-19-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #986
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I understand her impact, but I don't think we'll see Kamala Khan on screen until probably at the end of Phase 4 or the start of Phase 5 at the earliest. If her comic book takes off big time though, I think it would make for an interesting live action TV series on the Disney Channel.

When people think Ms. Marvel will be in the MCU, it's Carol Danvers.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 04-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #987
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Saw this on IGN.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #988
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
That would actually be a funny scene in a future movie. Steve is in a waiting room or something and the camera pans down a row of people, all with their heads buried in their phones...until it gets to Steve. Have him doing something utterly ridiculous like reading a (paper) newspaper.
Whedon could be a real mensch and give me my favorite bit from Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Steve & Tony

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Edit: Thanks for the tip, Silvermoon.

Last edited by TalismanRing; 04-19-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 12:17 PM   #989
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
Whedon could be a real mensch and give me my favorite bit from Earth's Mightiest Heroes with Steve & Tony

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Here, when you use the YT tags, you only need to put the part after the v= in between the tags. So in this case it would be the 5T81GSz9oDE
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 04-19-2014, 12:25 PM   #990
starkresilient
Side-Kick

I truly enjoyed EMH. I am looking forward to their interactions in Avengers Tower and we saw Tony was building them their own place at the end of Avengers. I hope we get some fun scenes before Ulron rips everyone apart

Old 04-19-2014, 12:34 PM   #991
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Avengers Tower is what excites me the most. Can't wait to see the Avengers interact as a daily group.

Old 04-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #992
TheVision

Watching The Avengers again and something came to light I didnt pick up on/connect before. When Tony and Bruce are talking about the creature in the lab and Tony implies it saved Bruce's life. Bruce replies: For what? Tony says: I guess we'll find out...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #993
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
Id say Cap is young physically, old mentally. If you were born in the early 1900s, served in WWII, youd certainly have more in common with 95 year olds than 30 year olds. Its like apples and oranges. Although Sam becomes Steves friend, but thats more about being a fellow war veteran than him just wanting to hang out with someone younger I think.
Right, but while he's been to war, and has that mental impact, he was still frozen for 70 years. His brain wasn't "aging", in the sense that it was processing a lifetime of experiences during that period of time.

"Out of time", certainly, but "old mentally"? Not so much.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 04-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #994
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Right, but while he's been to war, and has that mental impact, he was still frozen for 70 years. His brain wasn't "aging", in the sense that it was processing a lifetime of experiences during that period of time.

"Out of time", certainly, but "old mentally"? Not so much.
True he doesnt have those 70 years of mental information. I think I meant old as in a mind more in tune with the olden days when he was growing up etc. whatever way we spin this discussion, the fact is Cap is older in spirit than the others because he was born 7 decades earlier. Thats his unique dynamic within the group. You can see it in certain scenes that hes almost like an old guy in a young mans body. I think even Steve considers himself older than the others even though he looks young.

The "Son, just don't" comment when he gets on the jet in Avengers for instance

Last edited by TheVision; 04-19-2014 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:04 PM   #995
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
True he doesnt have those 70 years of mental information. I think I meant old as in a mind more in tune with the olden days when he was growing up etc. whatever way we spin this discussion, the fact is Cap is older in spirit than the others because he was born 7 decades earlier. Thats his unique dynamic within the group.
yup I agree with you. basically steve is someone from the 40s who is trapped in that young body of his and living in the current world

he has a strong moral code and his thinking is very old fashioned. i would not call him metally old, he just thinks like how a man in the 40s would have thought. hence the "man out of time" relevance.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #996
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

One of the things I give the MCU huge props for is not making Steve an old Conservative jack*** at heart. I hate when people assume/write him as waking up in the 21st century and hating technology, being surprised women/homosexuals have rights, having the "'Murica" mentality, etc. But as TWS showed (as well as the other films), he's really a chill guy. He even has that comment at the beginning about how more efficient researching is now due to the internet.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 04-19-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:17 PM   #997
TheVision

Yes! Steve/Captain America in the MCU is a true American Patriot. Hes just a cool regular joe from Brooklyn New Yawk, not a super macho, jarheaded, ultra right wing, gun loving douche. If he was I wouldnt be as big a fan.

Last edited by TheVision; 04-19-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #998
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
One of the things I give the MCU huge props for is not making Steve an old Conservative jack*** at heart. I hate when people assume/write him as waking up in the 21st century and hating technology, being surprised women/homosexuals have rights, having the "'Murica" mentality, etc. But as TWS showed (as well as the other films), he's really a chill guy. He even has that comment at the beginning about how more efficient researching is now due to the internet.
Plus Evans said that Cap is a fast learner and quick study when it comes to handling computers and cellphones.

Old 04-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #999
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
RDJ put all of himself into Stark. It's brilliant, but it's not who I thought he was before these films come out - from what I had seen of his comics and cartoons. So now Stark is witty, hilarious sometimes, and people only familiar with the films just think that's who he is, but it's more RDJ than Stark who before these films I imagined to be much more stern and serious. So now, with this talk of future recasting, will it be a problem? Will the next actor go back to the source or play RDJ-Stark? My guess would be the latter for continuity's sake, but that means they'll be doing a copy of a copy.

You get me? I'm not being negative, but RDJ has changed the character and made him popular whilst doing so.
Ultimate stark from Ultimate 1 and 2 is a lot like the one RDJ plays but more of a functioning alcoholic

Old 04-19-2014, 03:27 PM   #1000
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
RDJ put all of himself into Stark. It's brilliant, but it's not who I thought he was before these films come out - from what I had seen of his comics and cartoons. So now Stark is witty, hilarious sometimes, and people only familiar with the films just think that's who he is, but it's more RDJ than Stark who before these films I imagined to be much more stern and serious. So now, with this talk of future recasting, will it be a problem? Will the next actor go back to the source or play RDJ-Stark? My guess would be the latter for continuity's sake, but that means they'll be doing a copy of a copy.

You get me? I'm not being negative, but RDJ has changed the character and made him popular whilst doing so.
I think all future recasts will boil down to the following question: To what extent will the new actor be allowed to put his own spin on the character?

Closed Thread