The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-20-2014, 09:52 AM   #26
Psycho_Sith
Resident Rocker

Default Re: So is Snyder a BIGGER fan of Batman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
Geez. Some of you Superman fans are coming off as really paranoid.
That's what I'm talking about. You can't please all of the people all the time. The level of nitpicking, dumbing down on MoS, and whining is reaching an all time high in these parts lately. Personally, I think half the BvS/MoS cry babies are trolls with stiffies for Marvel only...but that's just my theory.

SR was too much like Reeve...boo hoo. MoS not enough like Reeve...boo hoo. Sometimes I wonder if half of these people even listen to their own "worrying just to worry"?

Don't say Snyder doesn't respect Supes...look at his Comic Con panel from last year when asked if Batman could beat Supes; the man just laughs and gives that awesome "...I mean, come on. Really? Really?!". He knows Supes would trash Batman.

And anyone poo-pooing about Superman "not wanting to save people" or "not caring enough about saving people/the destruction caused", blah, blah...obviously didn't watch MoS - or didn't pay attention I should say.

Just enjoy the ride, people.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:06 AM   #27
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I'm a bigger fan of Batman than Superman doesn't mean I want Batman to beatdown Superman I imagine that would be ridiculous Snyder is probably thinking the same.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:17 AM   #28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Who cares who he's bigger fan of? As long as he's a fan of both.
Not sure why no one ever references interviews where snyder comments on his thoughts on superman. Safe to say he thinks the character is 'bigger' and more 'more' than any of the marvel characters.

Fans asking such questions imo frames the state of mind of a good many dc fans right now. Something that will again yield an incorrect reception of the film. People so interested in things they want, and think matter, that the film itself won't get a fair assessment if said one element falls short of their expectation, in this case 'who looks better?'. Not so much different from what happened last time.

I personally wouldn't care if batman or superman wiped the floor with the other(not going to happen) or came out 'looking cooler' if only the story/movie was great into itself. I've had this mentality reading the various comics that have come out on the issue over the years, and I will here.

This same question framed differently reads like this: "I wonder if Joss Whedon is a bigger fan of 'avenger 1' vs this other avenger, doesn't that concern you all?" Or 'Jeph Loeb is maybe a bigger fan of batman given his various tpbs....so his Superman/Batman books have me concerned about...' about what exactly? If they will be good, or if they will fan service one side enough? Or has that now become the measure of good.

I just don't think it's a good look for fans imo.
I normally take the same approach you take tbh but the lone exception is TDKReturns. It's such a bastardization of the character that is ruins the entire story; a story I was never invested in to begin with because of poor characterization throughout, its' cynical view of humanity, and that godawful Frank Miller artwork.

To borrow elements from that remains my only worry about this project. And as I've said before - I never threaten to walk out of movies, but literally the only time I could see myself actually doing that is if this movie treats Superman as Frank Miller did.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 10:56 AM   #29
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113 View Post
I normally take the same approach you take tbh but the lone exception is TDKReturns. It's such a bastardization of the character that is ruins the entire story; a story I was never invested in to begin with because of poor characterization throughout, its' cynical view of humanity, and that godawful Frank Miller artwork.

To borrow elements from that remains my only worry about this project. And as I've said before - I never threaten to walk out of movies, but literally the only time I could see myself actually doing that is if this movie treats Superman as Frank Miller did.
Snyder has confirmed, MULTIPLE TIMES, that that is NOT a concern. He's confirmed he's not adapting DKR in several interviews, and said that no DKR elements will be an influence on Supes, because to do so would require them to write an entirely different character (see interview with Kevin Smith). Seriously, this paranoia about Snyder suddenly shortchanging Superman just because OMG BATMAN!!! is getting tiresome.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #30
Marvin
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure DKR presented a very different circumstance than what we have here...the villain, the protagonist, the world(mutants and 'cops'). I think the quote was used for effect. I don't see them reading a good line from Loeb's various books the same reverence.

That being said, I would think a piece of work as celebrated and renown in a character or even comic-dom mythology was better received than I've heard various people here suggest. I read it far later in context but colour me surprised. I grew up reading wizard magazine and they would always shout it's praises. Then again, they would always rank STM as the best superhero film ever...I guess times a change(in).

I am curious if the folks in the white house will send superman after the Batman problem however. Once there to find find a common enemy. I'd be interested in that kinda thing. Reeve superman seemed like the type to jump if the president asked.

Last edited by Marvin; 04-20-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Marvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 11:03 AM   #31
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
This isn't just directed at you, but I find it fascinating when people say this and someone always does, like clockwork.

Why do people think these types of complaints from Superman fans keep coming up? Why aren't there concerns like this from batfans? Why aren't they paranoid? It's because they don't need to be. They know batman will come out fine. If these concerns from superman fans are so unfounded and outlandish, why do they keep cropping up and why aren't there concerns from batfans that Snyder will make Superman look better than him? It's because there's no need or precedence for it. If these concerns were baseless, we either wouldn't see them at all or we'd see them from both batman and superman's fanbases.
Except fans are well known for their hyperbolic attitude. In fact, look at the threads we have here, people are already getting worried about the fact that there is going to be an action scene between Superman and Batman, and we have threads questioning whether Snyder prefers Batman or Superman, which in of itself is mind-blowing and speaks to the "worrying complex" that some Superman fans have developed. In fact, Snyder himself said that Batman would pose absolutely no challenge to Superman in last year's comic con. Not to mention, SNYDER SAID THAT HE IS NOT ADAPTING TDKR, AS IT WOULD REQUIRE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT SUPERMAN (caps+bold for emphasis since people here forget this). If that's not reassurance, I don't know what is. Snyder is not going to build a character up, just to go poo-poo on him.

Fans need to understand that just because Superman got poo-poo'd on in the past, doesn't mean that the cycle will continue.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 12:35 PM   #32
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Getting another Superman film in 2016.
Batman, Wonder Woman and possibly some of their superpowered friends will be along for the ride.
Happy about it.
Nuff Said.

Mysteryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:38 PM   #33
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Honestly, I think its apparent that Snyder and Goyer are more "Batman" guys than they are "Superman" guys.

Its like when you watch "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Superman: The Animated Series". Bruce Timm is a Batman guy, and it shows, because BTAS is much better than STAS and is much more definitive for Batman than STAS was for Superman. I won't be surprised if Snyder's Batman is better than his Superman, because Batman's probably the character he should've been working on all along.

Grant Morrison is the only guy I've seen that made an equally great Batman and Superman.

Last edited by The Batman; 04-20-2014 at 03:45 PM.
The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #34
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

Snyder is a professional.

He may have a personal preference, as any normal person does, but it doesn't mean that its going to translate to the big screen. He's gonna make the both of them look good, there is nothing to worry about in that department.

If anything, he'll make superman look better, considering Batman is much more popular with fans.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 03:57 PM   #35
Psycho_Sith
Resident Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Getting another Superman film in 2016.
Batman, Wonder Woman and possibly some of their superpowered friends will be along for the ride.
Happy about it.
Nuff Said.
Boom...this!

Old 04-20-2014, 04:38 PM   #36
Frodo
Side-Kick

I do think Batman is probably more up Snyder's alley, though he's made one of the best Superman films imo so he's shown me that he respects the character.

I do think WB see's Batman as their cash cow and has increased their wallets so in that sense they are Bigger Batman fans, but as someone said, Sndyer a professional and he'll treat both characters with the respect they deserve.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:01 PM   #37
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Snyder is a professional.

He may have a personal preference, as any normal person does, but it doesn't mean that its going to translate to the big screen. He's gonna make the both of them look good, there is nothing to worry about in that department.

If anything, he'll make superman look better, considering Batman is much more popular with fans.
If only the fans were aswell. All is lost I'm afraid. I have a feeling it will all be decided within 18minds of opening credits.

I do think if this is to serve as a launching point to the new batman, it will have alot of good stuff with him. Whereas superman is firmly viable and on his way.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
Honestly, I think its apparent that Snyder and Goyer are more "Batman" guys than they are "Superman" guys.

Its like when you watch "Batman: The Animated Series" and "Superman: The Animated Series". Bruce Timm is a Batman guy, and it shows, because BTAS is much better than STAS and is much more definitive for Batman than STAS was for Superman. I won't be surprised if Snyder's Batman is better than his Superman, because Batman's probably the character he should've been working on all along.

Grant Morrison is the only guy I've seen that made an equally great Batman and Superman.
Yep.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:41 PM   #39
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
If only the fans were aswell. All is lost I'm afraid. I have a feeling it will all be decided within 18minds of opening credits.

I do think if this is to serve as a launching point to the new batman, it will have alot of good stuff with him. Whereas superman is firmly viable and on his way.
All isn't lost. Even the people with these concerns will probably pay to see the movie at least once. I'm fully expecting this to be a batman movie with Superman on the side and I'm still going to pay to see it.

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:44 PM   #40
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
All isn't lost. I still have brownies.
Fixed.

ArmsHeldOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
MrsKent26
Whatever.

lol, I always have brownies!

\S/T*
Old 04-20-2014, 05:51 PM   #42
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
This isn't just directed at you, but I find it fascinating when people say this and someone always does, like clockwork.

Why do people think these types of complaints from Superman fans keep coming up? Why aren't there concerns like this from batfans? Why aren't they paranoid? It's because they don't need to be. They know batman will come out fine. If these concerns from superman fans are so unfounded and outlandish, why do they keep cropping up and why aren't there concerns from batfans that Snyder will make Superman look better than him? It's because there's no need or precedence for it. If these concerns were baseless, we either wouldn't see them at all or we'd see them from both batman and superman's fanbases.

And why is that? See above.
No disrespect, but your entire post here sounds very paranoic. You're only illustrating my point.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:55 PM   #43
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I'm pretty optimistic about the movie.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 05:57 PM   #44
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
All isn't lost. Even the people with these concerns will probably pay to see the movie at least once. I'm fully expecting this to be a batman movie with Superman on the side and I'm still going to pay to see it.
Like last time, I fully expect detractors to pay and sit and watch in abundance.
I'm talking about minds already being made up.

Old 04-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #45
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
No disrespect, but your entire post here sounds very paranoic. You're only illustrating my point.
And you're illustrating mine and being very dismissive of people who care about this character. I understand that some people aren't that concerned about how Superman is portrayed because he's not their favorite, but I don't understand calling people who do care paranoid unless they go way overboard.

I'm saying there are legit concerns in this area, not that every concern is legit. Yes, some people go too far, but having some concern about this isn't paranoid. Some fans don't have the luxury of knowing their favorite character will be catered to and it would be nice if people were just a bit less dismissive for that reason alone.

Quote:
Like last time, I fully expect detractors to pay and sit and watch in abundance.
I'm talking about minds already being made up.
What difference do those minds make to WB/Snyder if they're still paying to see the movie?

\S/T*

Last edited by MrsKent26; 04-20-2014 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #46
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
lol, I always have brownies!
There's this place called Houston's which has the best brownies with vanilla ice cream on top. . That meal alone can heal the divide between the Marvel and DC fans.lol.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:33 PM   #47
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Sounds yummy. Brownies heal all wounds, lol.

\S/T*
Old 04-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #48
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:

What difference do those minds make to WB/Snyder if they're still paying to see the movie?
Depends.
Did WB care about these same minds last time? If no, then no difference.
If yes....

Old 04-20-2014, 09:26 PM   #49
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's what it looked like to you? And they were doing it with batman in mind?

I for one think they were trying to make superman look more interesting. Less boring and predictable as the previous films have consistently conveyed. Someone that audiences can relate to(the key to making spiderman 'interesting') and also someone that can have dynamic action and not just lift things all day.

To each their own.
I agree to a certain extent, however they are still bigger fans of Batman. I think Superman proved himself to be truly awesome and the boss in the Justice League cartoons. Giving orders and kicking the most ass, I finally felt like he wasn't regarded as a B superhero anymore. That's how I felt about Superman The Animated Series.

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 09:29 PM   #50
Gu3ree
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I can't view Youtube in China. What video is it?

Gu3ree is offline   Reply With Quote