The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 04:19 AM   #26
dnno1
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's trend to hate DC. All the cool kids ate hating DC now

Like James Cameron had a plan after Avatar.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:43 AM   #27
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

People always have something hate. Absolutely nothing new.

Old 04-21-2014, 04:58 AM   #28
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Zack Snyder hadn't made a plan to MoS V or MoS VI when he started filming.

#First World Problems.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:08 AM   #29
$0UL3$$
Side-Kick

Batman vs superman will shut them up

Old 04-21-2014, 05:42 AM   #30
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

What's he complaining about? How Batman/Superman was announced before the script was finished?

Movies are often announced during the conception/development stage, not production.

The Avengers. Star Wars 7. Venom/S6/TASM4, etc.

But do yourself a favour and ignore that channel. They'll are brain-dead. It'll pollute your mind.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-21-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:50 AM   #31
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
What's he complaining about? How Batman/Superman was announced before the script was finished?

Movies are often announced during the conception/development stage, not production.

The Avengers. Star Wars 7. Venom/S6/TASM4, etc.

But do yourself a favour and ignore that channel. They'll are brain-dead. It'll pollute your mind.
He's unhappy that Zack proposed the plot of the second movie when the first movie was nearing completion. He's saying this proves that WB/DC have no plan. As evidence, he brings up the fact that there is a three-year wait between MoS and BvS to demonstrate that WB/DC have no idea what they're doing.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:55 AM   #32
Lord
All Mighty

People don't hate DC itself, most are just frustrated by what WB is doing with their connected universe. And why should they now be labeled as trolls or made fun of? Outside of Superman and Batman the other JL members haven't really been made justice in the past few years or even given an above average film.

Fans of Wonder Woman, a character that is possibly the most iconic female hero of the comics and usually sold as part of DC's Trinity, have had to sit on various excuses for why a film based on her hasn't been made yet, and now the character's first official cinematic appearance is as a side character in a Superman vs Batman film, portrayed by an actress that from the films i've seen her in, seems very limited, not to mention that her body type's not one to gain muscle that easily.

WW should arguably get the same treatment Superman and Batman got with an A-List film and actress with more potencial that looks more like Wonder Woman (and no, i'm not talking about boobs, i'm talking about actually selling a woman with a body type that isn't your run of the mill model). If you don't see any reason that could frustrate a fan then i don't know what more to say about the subject.

There is also the fact that many weren't all that happy with The Man of Steel, some don't even like Zack Snyder's filmmaking, so it's difficult for a lot of opinions to change with Superman vs Batman. Many were also not happy with the portrayal of Superman in that movie, or the style becoming more like Nolan's when Marvel is bringing strong films that are brighter and more fun, pretty much how Superman is usually portrayed.

From the coments in Zack Snyder's part, some also get the idea that he's actually more interested in Batman, with his statement, that he's using The Dark Knight Returns as inspiration and consulting Frank Miller, adding more fuel into the fire. TKR didn't portray Superman in the best light, and Miller himself has become more Batmaniac over the past few years.

Respect that there are a lot of people that aren't liking the way their favorite characters are being portrayed in film or the minds behind the making of it. Not everybody is hating for the sake of it, and even some critics that could care less about comics, like Redlettermedia, are s*****g on DC's decisions and how they think Marvel is doing it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 04-21-2014, 06:19 AM   #33
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
People don't hate DC itself, most are just frustrated by what WB is doing with their connected universe. And why should they now be labeled as trolls or made fun of? Outside of Superman and Batman the other JL members haven't really been made justice in the past few years or even given an above average film.

Fans of Wonder Woman, a character that is possibly the most iconic female hero of the comics and usually sold as part of DC's Trinity, have had to sit on various excuses for why a film based on her hasn't been made yet, and now the character's first official cinematic appearance is as a side character in a Superman vs Batman film, portrayed by an actress that from the films i've seen her in, seems very limited, not to mention that her body type's not one to gain muscle that easily.

WW should arguably get the same treatment Superman and Batman got with an A-List film and actress with more potencial that looks more like Wonder Woman (and no, i'm not talking about boobs, i'm talking about actually selling a woman with a body type that isn't your run of the mill model). If you don't see any reason that could frustrate a fan then i don't know what more to say about the subject.

There is also the fact that many weren't all that happy with The Man of Steel, some don't even like Zack Snyder's filmmaking, so it's difficult for a lot of opinions to change with Superman vs Batman. Many were also not happy with the portrayal of Superman in that movie, or the style becoming more like Nolan's when Marvel is bringing strong films that are brighter and more fun, pretty much how Superman is usually portrayed.

From the coments in Zack Snyder's part, some also get the idea that he's actually more interested in Batman, with his statement, that he's using The Dark Knight Returns as inspiration and consulting Frank Miller, adding more fuel into the fire. TKR didn't portray Superman in the best light, and Miller himself has become more Batmaniac over the past few years.

Respect that there are a lot of people that aren't liking the way their favorite characters are being portrayed in film or the minds behind the making of it. Not everybody is hating for the sake of it, and even some critics that could care less about comics, like Redlettermedia, are s*****g on DC's decisions and how they think Marvel is doing it better.
There are many legitimate complaints, but this particular video discussed in this particular thread is complaining that Zack Snyder is taking the franchise one movie at a time.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #34
WinterAssassinR
Side-Kick

God, I hate that channel. I called out the guy that made that video for always hating on DC and he blocked me. How can you run a comic book channel if you only like Marvel?

Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 AM   #35
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterAssassinR View Post
God, I hate that channel. I called out the guy that made that video for always hating on DC and he blocked me. How can you run a comic book channel if you only like Marvel?
Ummmm, anybody can run a youtube channel.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #36
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I'd say it's a trend to hate Marvel OR DC and side with only one publisher.

Why do they feel the need to defend DC or Marvel? Because they chose to invest their time and money in one publisher and now have to justify the time and effort expended?

DC and Marvel don't make the movies. They don't even make the comics. They just publish them.

Grant Morrison, Jeph Loeb, Frank Miller, Jack Kirby, Garth Ennis, Alan Moore, Joe Kelly, John Byrne, Denny O'Neil.... even Stan Lee.

These men have worked for both companies at one point or another. They've created great works using the characters owned by both publishers.

There is no fanboy war. That's just narrow sighted rubbish perpetrated by a vocal minority and by children who most of the time have barely picked up a comic.

Read DC

Read Marvel

Enjoy both. They've both put good comics, films and movies out and they've both put bad stuff out. Trick is to enjoy the good stuff regardless of PUBLISHER.
THIS!

Though I will say this about DC, audiences don't really blame WB, but the comics company, while at the same time blaming both Marvel studios and movies not made by that studio featuring Marvel comics characters.

So if a good Spider-Man and X-men movie are made, Marvel gets the glory.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 AM   #37
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post

Some very valid points in particular about WB and their treatment of Wonder Woman. Even in the most recent interview with ZS he was gushing over Batman and Superman and when he mentioned Wonder Woman it was like "yeah we also have Wonder Woman". A complete afterthought.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #38
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Get it together DC ASAP! But don't rush it

WB's mismanagement of DC in live action has created a double standard. Fans want a JL asap, but they don't want it feeling rushed.

I'm worried for BvS, but with Terrio rewriting it and Affleck involved based on a story formed by Goyer and Snyder, I feel like we'll be surprised.

I do think the prequel comic would give us an idea of how a Gyder collab would go. Did anyone read that? How was it?

Closed Thread