The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 06:58 PM   #426
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - Part 12

^Truth.

:o
Old 04-21-2014, 06:59 PM   #427
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by batboy99 View Post
There's a way to fix that costume. And that ugly thing is not the way lol. Lynda Carter costume>>>>>>>>> CLC costume.
I wasn't claiming that costume was a "fix." I know it's ugly. I was joking around. I would take that over the panties though.

\S/T*
Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 PM   #428
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Gal, please slip out of that dress and into a swimsuit and jump into that pool.

"Hello Raven, my name is Gal."

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #429
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
And, they're are plenty of athletes that look like Gal Gadot.
In what sport?

Old 04-21-2014, 08:35 PM   #430
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Everybody complaining about Gal putting pics of her that aren't recently (3 years) but loving this same physique. I mean, really? P.S. I love Lizzie Olsen.

Old 04-21-2014, 08:38 PM   #431
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

The one I just made up in my head. It involves bikini bottoms and a Slip and Slide.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 04-21-2014, 09:42 PM   #432
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
In what sport?
Ballet maybe?

Other than that, I can't think of any. She doesn't look like an athlete in most cases. She looks like a fashion model.

\S/T*
Old 04-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #433
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuppet View Post
Here's a recent photo of Gal. Anyone who says she doesn't look fit or feminine enough to play WW is crazy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuppet View Post
Re-read my posts... That's not what I said. I'll admit that I probably could have worded what I said a little better, but I never claimed DA_Champion was calling her unattractive... merely that if he did, that would be a valid complaint and I'd have no problem with it. Look, Gal is a thin woman, there's no getting around that(though IMO, she has added enough body mass to play the part convincingly). However, being a slimmer woman does not automatically make her "too scrawny" or "not athletic". "Athletic" does not mean one particular body type. A woman or man can have a slim frame and still be considered athletic. Also, the Twiggy and Calista Flockhart comparisons he made were just downright ridiculous.
Agreed. I mean the route that they may be wanting is a really strong and fast WW. I mean as a warrior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Agreed. There haven't been that many legit live action Wonder Women, but I get what you are saying. I guess certain people just feel that nowadays, given what we've seen with Cavill, Evans, Hemsworth, Beil, Amell et all, there is a legitimate expectancy to see actors/actresses get in 'superhero shape' for a role, or at least something approximating the look of the character, build wise. But I digress, if we're getting a WW that on the lighter side, I'm confident that costuming and lighting will make her look good, nonetheless.
I think it's different. In Women is pretty hard to understand that a bulky and curvy woman can move and fight as fast and great as Wondy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
The male actors do it because there are a lot of women who dig topless men shots in film. Thats what makes a little more $$$... but so do topless/nude female scenes, sex scenes, romantic kissing scenes, et. al. I don't believe a woman has to look atheletic more than she has to look curvaceous and sexy. I worry more about Gal Gadot being compared to Lynda Carter than her being compared to Rachel McLish.
I agree with you on this.
some just need to understand that most of the public pics are not the final look. that Gal of course is gonna do some excersice first and then putting the suit to give her more definition.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye1 View Post
I realise that but she doesn't look a huge amount diferent in the most recent pictures. Sure there has been improvement but nowhere near Caval's level. And no where near looking like Michelle there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlila View Post
You know, I'm pretty sure the pic that started this entire debate isn't recent? I vaguely remember it being posted months ago. Either way, Gal isn't entirely fit or athletic yet but to say that she hasn't shown improvement compared to a year ago is pretty ridiculous.
Agreed. I mean this is not athletic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
If you're going to compare, then do it relatively.

And, they're are plenty of athletes that look like Gal Gadot. People are confusing muscle mass for athleticism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Why? Is there some hard and set rule that states that WW needs to be big and bulky? If there is, then someone should tell comic book artists that because they can't even keep her size consistent.
You're soooo right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Ballet maybe?

Other than that, I can't think of any. She doesn't look like an athlete in most cases. She looks like a fashion model.
Volleyball, swimming...

Old 04-21-2014, 10:29 PM   #434
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post

Volleyball, swimming...
Sorry, no. not even close.

Here's Britta Steffen, a world-class swimmer.

I'll assume you've never watched women's volleyball. Those women are powerful.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 04-21-2014 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:33 PM   #435
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

I also assume you don't watch all the teams of Volleyball. Cause all the girls are not the same.

Depends on which one are you seeing. I've seen many of women with that look. And another one that I can remember but you need to jump really high with a big stick.

Last edited by John-An; 04-21-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #436
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

For contrast. This is Michelle Jenneke an Australian olympic sprinter

Gal is pretty close to that physique in her arms and torso. Just a bit more work and she'll get there.

HERESY!
Old 04-21-2014, 11:11 PM   #437
MrsKent26
Whatever.

While I don't think Gadot looks very athletic, I don't consider it a problem. She has made progress and looks less skeletal. Also, there are some versions of WW that are drawn quite slim, so I don't think it would be outlandish for this movie to feature a thin WW. If they give her a more warrior-like costume, that will also help sell her as a warrior. Yes, some versions of the character are more muscular, but I don't see why those should be considered more valid than the thinner versions, such as this one:

\S/T*
Old 04-21-2014, 11:19 PM   #438
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Sorry, no. not even close.

Here's Britta Steffen, a world-class swimmer.

I'll assume you've never watched women's volleyball. Those women are powerful.
Not all female swimmers have arms like that.

Gal does need to swim more though, and we need to see pics of that workout.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #439
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Wth does it mean to look "athletic?"

Old 04-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #440
I am Batman
Side-Kick

Forget swimmers bodies. You want a great example of Wonder Woman's body take a gander at pole vaulter Allison Stokke.

"You're a stand up guy Bats, don't ever let them call you a crazed loner."
-The Flash, JLU
Old 04-22-2014, 02:06 AM   #441
Masone
Side-Kick

Look at that BODY. argh

She got shoulders too.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:16 AM   #442
Bullseye1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
While I don't think Gadot looks very athletic, I don't consider it a problem. She has made progress and looks less skeletal. Also, there are some versions of WW that are drawn quite slim, so I don't think it would be outlandish for this movie to feature a thin WW. If they give her a more warrior-like costume, that will also help sell her as a warrior. Yes, some versions of the character are more muscular, but I don't see why those should be considered more valid than the thinner versions, such as this one:

There is also thinner versions of Superman and Batman but could you imagine if either actor turned up and they were not ripped? I don't see why an actress chosen to play Wonder Woman shouldn't be given similar scrutiny. She has made improvement but no where near enough yet. Maybe she doesn't need the bulk for this movie as its only a walk on part. Maybe she is on a training schedule for Justice League and there is no real hurry. But if she does have a bigger part in this movie she needs to bulk up more especially in the arms and shoulders unless they have some bastardized armour costume which covers her entire frame and then I would be even more disappointed.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:25 AM   #443
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
Look at that BODY. argh

She got shoulders too.
Pole vaulters have to use their shoulder muscles, similarly anyone who is trained in sword fight will be required to use the shoulder muscles extensively, which makes them more developed compared to the rest of the body.

A warrior like WW should at least have good shoulder and arm muscles.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 04-22-2014 at 06:01 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #444
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

One women's Tennis player who was slender and had same height as Gal Gadot was Anastasia Myskina of Russia, she was fairly successful tennis player too, despite her slender frame.

What I wanted to say is - not everyone needs to look absolutely muscular in order to be considered fighting fit, having said that, Gal still needs to train some more. (But I don't want her to look like Michelle Rodriguez or Gina Carano or Jessica Biel.)

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 04-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #445
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Gal is already bigger than the tennis player

Old 04-22-2014, 10:54 AM   #446
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Batman View Post
Forget swimmers bodies. You want a great example of Wonder Woman's body take a gander at pole vaulter Allison Stokke.

Now that is one amazing build right there. In my mind that is closest to the WW build.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 AM   #447
Sterling Archer
Worlds Greatest Super Spy

If we must still talk about physique, here is my viewpoint.

To me it never really mattered how muscular Wonder Woman was. It doesn't change the performance or how the character is written. I just thought that it would be in extremely poor taste to have Wonder Woman, a character who is supposed to be a role model for young women, being played by a skeletal 'model-shaped' actress.

Now that Gadot has gained some weight and is looking much healthier, I am happy.

I'm still not entirely sold on her acting ability, but that's mainly because I haven't seen enough of her to judge either way.

Last edited by Sterling Archer; 04-22-2014 at 11:51 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #448
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^All this.

Old 04-22-2014, 11:45 AM   #449
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I think Sterling Archer's post is entirely fair and I agree with it.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #450
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

She will never look like anything but a model shaped actress. No amount of working out will change this. Unless, like most male actors who need to get huge in a short period, she's using HGH and the latest steroid analogs, what you see now is what you're gonna get in the finished film. Bottom line: she looks like what she is.

Since looks are what everyone here is so focused on - and I don't blame you given that's exactly what Snyder was focused on when he cast her - you should get used to the model-esque wonder woman. Slightly visible biceps won't change this.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Closed Thread