The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 01:14 AM   #776
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
While he isn't the only one responsible for it, I'd say Snyder's ability to translate comic imagery to the screen in such a vivid manner requires some innovation.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 04-23-2014, 01:16 AM   #777
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 4

^ Truly amazing imagery.

\S/T*
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 AM   #778
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
You are correct. I think certain things about MOS, like the colors and the presence of Nolan as a producer, caused a gut reaction and/or over-reaction in some folks with these "They made Superman into batman" or "superman never smiled/moped the whole time" comments. Both are unfounded and yet people are utterly convinced. There are some other (more legit) factors that could be considered dark (harshness of superman's upbringing/his parents fears, etc.), but complaints about those are mixed in with the unfounded "superman never smiles" type complaints.

I prefer a more serious tone that only the last few DC films have provided, so I don't want any Thor 2 type humor. However, serious doesn't have to be grim. Something can be both serious and uplifting. I also hope for some non-cheesy humor in this film by way of Daily Planet and Clois scenes that I really hope they include.
Exactly. I think humor is best utilized in c-t-f adaptations when it helps to emphasize that certain characters have well-rounded personalities (see CA: TWS, The Avengers, TDKR), as opposed to having them come off like full-on comedians. When you have someone cracking a joke in practically every scene he/she appears in, though, that's just overkill (see Thor 2) -- unless, of course, your film (something like Guardians of the Galaxy) is being marketed as a comedy of sorts.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #779
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I'm just in awe. You fiddling with the setting made the cape look like silk rather than obvious CGI material. That's awesome.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:30 AM   #780
Boom
I got nothin'

Let's all take a moment and fantasize about what happens to this place the day someone snags a set photo of Superman and Batman together.

For the first time ever.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:37 AM   #781
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I'm just in awe. You fiddling with the setting made the cape look like silk rather than obvious CGI material. That's awesome.
I always use VLC for my online videos, but I never bothered to play around with the DVD settings/customizations before. Perhaps that day has come.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:40 AM   #782
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I always use VLC for my online videos, but I never bothered to play around with the DVD settings/customizations before. Perhaps that day has come.
Yes, the day has indeed arrived. May we have success in brightening Man of Steel.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #783
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Let's all take a moment and fantasize about what happens to this place the day someone snags a set photo of Superman and Batman together.

For the first time ever.
Highest number of online users ever
Threads moving at the speed of light
Lag
Nerdgasms aplenty
Heart failure

Old 04-23-2014, 01:48 AM   #784
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

^ And MrsK will run out of brownies.

Old 04-23-2014, 01:51 AM   #785
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

When I'll log on the discussion of the suit pics will already be on page 17 of the third thread.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:17 AM   #786
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
^ And MrsK will run out of brownies.
I've been baking non-stop in anticipation of the costume reveals, but they never come. At this rate, my brownies will be so old, scientists will consider them fossilized.

\S/T*
Old 04-23-2014, 02:26 AM   #787
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

I must be the only one who liked the colors of Man of Steel. I do like to brighten it up a bit but not too much. sometimes it really depends not just on the settings of the video but also your own monitor/tv.

DFB-GER 2014 + FCB #31/10 + Scuderia Ferrari + Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad 2016

Old 04-23-2014, 02:31 AM   #788
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
I've been baking non-stop in anticipation of the costume reveals, but they never come. At this rate, my brownies will be so old, scientists will consider them fossilized.
Have faith. If you bake them, they will come.

Old 04-23-2014, 02:33 AM   #789
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ lol! In that case, I had better get started on the next batch.

\S/T*
Old 04-23-2014, 02:43 AM   #790
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Old 04-23-2014, 03:27 AM   #791
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
^ lol! In that case, I had better get started on the next batch.
Here's a small donation to the "Hungry for Henry" organization, sponsored by Mrs. Kent...

And I'll even throw in these as a sign of good faith...

Old 04-23-2014, 03:30 AM   #792
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:

These are my saturation settings in VLC for MOS. It gives an idea of what the movie might have been with natural colors.
That actually looks really good.

Old 04-23-2014, 03:34 AM   #793
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Here's a small donation to the "Hungry for Henry" organization, sponsored by Mrs. Kent...

And I'll even throw in these as a sign of good faith...

Thank you kindly good Sir!

\S/T*
Old 04-23-2014, 03:37 AM   #794
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do think colors make a difference. Hopefully they'll keep hands off the saturation knob.

VLC is awesome
It's like a whole new way to watch the movie, thanks for those settings.

Faora looks even better in color.

Last edited by Masone; 04-23-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:41 AM   #795
sportjames23
Side-Kick

Heh, just saw this on Facebook:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-23-2014, 03:59 AM   #796
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

For the first time ever.
We'll be all

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 04-23-2014, 04:42 AM   #797
The.Brotherhood
Side-Kick

I just want a film shot like this:

Old 04-23-2014, 05:23 AM   #798
Fizicks
Side-Kick

The saturated picture does indeed look amazing. I've always said that the movie would've looked much better without the desaturation, but too bad it'll remain the same for BvS, as said by Fong.

Old 04-23-2014, 07:05 AM   #799
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Tried the VLC trick.

My god the film is so much better to watch now. It doesn't have that dreary sombre feeling. Amazing what a color grade can do.

HERESY!
Old 04-23-2014, 07:48 AM   #800
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
It's like a whole new way to watch the movie, thanks for those settings.

Faora looks even better in color.
I think 30 percent of the complaints in terms of darkness are due to the subconscious effect of the drab colors on the viewing audience. MOS has a bit of heroic idealism and interesting encounters to offset the gloom, and the story only gets REALLY dark once Zod starts invading Earth. Which is kind of how things should be.

But slapping those filters would make ANY movie look darker than it was.

Okay, even the color can't decamp it. But it can sure try

^ I feel the same way, Indy.

Last edited by TheFlamingCoco; 04-23-2014 at 07:55 AM.
Closed Thread