The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Old 04-03-2014, 08:18 AM   #426
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
He's 31 years old. Hasn't been a Teen for 12 years
Teen heart throbs usually aren't.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 08:48 AM   #427
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
He's 31 years old. Hasn't been a Teen for 12 years
Don't try using facts. That's too logicil.

The idea of this cast which Is aged between 27 to 31 can't play adult roles Is
laughable.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:27 AM   #428
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Well,I'm just relieved some actual talent hasn't been attached to this picture.
Why so snarky? There's no question all these actors are very talented.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #429
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Maybe Doom will be a foreign oil monger trying to gouge the Fantastic Four with high gas prices.

Old 04-03-2014, 05:28 PM   #430
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
Maybe Doom will be a foreign oil monger trying to gouge the Fantastic Four with high gas prices.
and what about the casting of Kebbell leads you to this conclusion?

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:22 AM   #431
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Why so snarky? There's no question all these actors are very talented.
It's so weird to think that actors like Michael B. Jordan or Kate Mara are not deemed 'talented' due a disapproval of their casting. Makes me want to root for the movie even more.

Old 04-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #432
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
It's so weird to think that actors like Michael B. Jordan or Kate Mara are not deemed 'talented' due a disapproval of their casting. Makes me want to root for the movie even more.
Exactly. Saying a group of talented actors aren't talented because they are cast in a movie and you disapprove of it, just screams childish to me.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:54 PM   #433
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Jamie Bell is a really good actor too. Teller's probably the only one people should be wary of.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #434
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Jamie Bell is a really good actor too. Teller's probably the only one people should be wary of.
he's growing on me. i've actually found a few Lee/Kirby panels in which Reed resembles Teller. if he's able to pull off the techno-jargon, he'll do ok. being awkward is excusable along as he's believable as a really really smart person.

Old 04-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #435
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I don't know how this movie is going to turn out but I am certain of one thing. If this guy has any good material to deliver. He's going to be one awesome Dr. Doom. Here is a clip I found that has convinced me

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Mod Note: Fixed link

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)

Last edited by Kelly; 04-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #436
Krystal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoblinScrier View Post
First off, this is awesome to see this thread back...I had such fun interacting with everyone (despite the outcome of the 2 movies)...

With that said, hopefully the old adage holds true...third times a charm and we will get an incredible F4 movie.

Now with that out of the way, let us start with the ultimate villain in all of comicdom, Dr. Victor Von Doom aka Dr. Doom.

We know that he was in the other 2 movies but c'mon...that was embarrassing as it could be...with that said, I think whether Doom appears in movie 1 or 2, it matters not...I think its safe to say the following criteria MUST be done in order to have a competent, memorable Doom on the big screen that could even scare Thanos

*Born a gypsy
*Homeland is Latveria/Ruler of Latveria/Castle
*Mix or science and sorcery
*Devotion to mother
*Absolute hatred of Richards
*Comic book classic look (the whole thing)
*Booming voice, with accent or at least hint of accent
*Robotic army
*Bonus if they give him faithful Boris as his assistant
*Truly believes his vision for the world is best
*Show his ambitious nature of wanting to conquer Earth/universe

As for who plays him, if we get brief glimpses of him back in college as Victor, then come up with an actor who will pull that off.

Once in the armor, DON'T remove it UNLESS, we are to see his face covered in shadows with hints of how deeply scarred he is...

I think the voice/presence is KEY to Doom's success...Bill Nighy (Viktor from Underworld, Davy Jones from Pirates 2/3) would be IDEAL...perhaps someone else??? Suggestions???

Wow, how prophetic ----that's exactly the Doom we're getting!!

Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 08:15 PM   #437
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Says who?

Old 04-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #438
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal View Post
Wow, how prophetic ----that's exactly the Doom we're getting!!
Um...was that supposed to be dissing the movie? Because that sounded like a positive to me. A positive that has yet to be proven, but a positive nonetheless.

Old 04-23-2014, 08:54 PM   #439
Ant-manic
Banned User

i don't know how anyone who watched that youtube clip could be worried about the Doom portion of this. the actor stole those scenes. he was in a movie with Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Idris Elba, Gerard Butler, and Tom Wilkinson; holding his own. this is like the casting of Fassbender as Magneto.

Old 06-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #440
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i don't know how anyone who watched that youtube clip could be worried about the Doom portion of this. the actor stole those scenes. he was in a movie with Tom Hardy, Mark Strong, Idris Elba, Gerard Butler, and Tom Wilkinson; holding his own. this is like the casting of Fassbender as Magneto.
I'm pretty intrigued. Here's Kebbell in Apes, the film that most likely sold FOX on his Doom casting.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #441
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

I just finished reading Books of Doom and I think Toby has the look down pat. I hope we get an evil Hungarian accent this go around. I also just finished reading Doom without armor now every friday on the way home to work I'm arguing with my co-worker that Doom could take Bats h2h. Any chance they will focus on his h2h ability? Why can't they just scrap the reboot of F4 and give us a proper Doom film? Anyway whatever story they use I'll be rooting for Victor.

Last edited by ObakeTora; 06-23-2014 at 08:16 PM.
ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 10:12 PM   #442
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Old 06-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #443
DrDoom
Dictator

The whole time he was devising a way to steal her power

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #444
mightiest_mortal
Much Mightier than thou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Exactly. Saying a group of talented actors aren't talented because they are cast in a movie and you disapprove of it, just screams childish to me.
I think it's a stellar cast. I just think they should be VERY mindful about being attached to the project.

I know MBJ laughed off all the casting saying that the fans will all watch it anyway but, well, Chris O Donnel probably thought the same about Batman and Robin. This could be a career killer if its as bad as its seeming so far.

mightiest_mortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 06:02 PM   #445
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightiest_mortal View Post
I think it's a stellar cast. I just think they should be VERY mindful about being attached to the project.

I know MBJ laughed off all the casting saying that the fans will all watch it anyway but, well, Chris O Donnel probably thought the same about Batman and Robin. This could be a career killer if its as bad as its seeming so far.
Like all the Bay haters but TF:extinction is still headed to top box office weekend of the year.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #446
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Is this a good place for a vs question? Reading Doom without Armor it's understood that he is a pretty capable h2h fighter. He beat a Lion with one punch, and the person I'm thinking about struggled with a Black Panther in full gear. Batman vs Doom both are powerless without any gadgets. Who do you think could win? I think Doom could take him.

Old 06-29-2014, 05:55 AM   #447
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
Is this a good place for a vs question? Reading Doom without Armor it's understood that he is a pretty capable h2h fighter. He beat a Lion with one punch, and the person I'm thinking about struggled with a Black Panther in full gear. Batman vs Doom both are powerless without any gadgets. Who do you think could win? I think Doom could take him.
Whoever the writer decides to have win.

I would say, unequivocally, based on the characters as they've been defined throughout their history, Batman would kick his ass. Batman is a highly skilled fighter who has spent his life training his body to be a weapon while Doom considers such physical confrontations to be beneath him.

Because these characters have such extensive history with so many writers, we can always point to one incident and say: "See? In issue XXX character Y did this amazing thing, so clearly he is the most powerful being in the universe."

I believe The Thing once dispatched Ultron with relative ease, but that doesn't mean the Thing is a more powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

My initial reaction was intended to be flip, but that's the truth. Any writer can make any character beat any other. Writers are really the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe.

Old 06-29-2014, 10:17 AM   #448
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I'm pretty intrigued. Here's Kebbell in Apes, the film that most likely sold FOX on his Doom casting.

Quote:
though much credit should also go to the actors behind the illusion. Serkis must by now be used to the superlatives heaped upon his agile fusion of performance and image in many a CGI spectacle, though he’s in particularly empathetic, emotionally specific form here; Kebbell’s brute physicality and wild-eyed animosity, meanwhile, burns through the digital disguise.
http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews...es-1201252833/

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 12:37 PM   #449
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Whoever the writer decides to have win.

I would say, unequivocally, based on the characters as they've been defined throughout their history, Batman would kick his ass. Batman is a highly skilled fighter who has spent his life training his body to be a weapon while Doom considers such physical confrontations to be beneath him.

Because these characters have such extensive history with so many writers, we can always point to one incident and say: "See? In issue XXX character Y did this amazing thing, so clearly he is the most powerful being in the universe."

I believe The Thing once dispatched Ultron with relative ease, but that doesn't mean the Thing is a more powerful character in the Marvel Universe.

My initial reaction was intended to be flip, but that's the truth. Any writer can make any character beat any other. Writers are really the most powerful beings in the Marvel Universe.

I knew you would say that, it depends on the writer. But, lets say what if both of them had a week prep time, and the confrontation begins like this?
Doom: Pedo.
Batman: *itch.

I mean I understand such matters are beneath his Lordship but what if his ego was piqued? Look how he easily dispatches his cronies after swapping bodies with a seriously exhausted DareDevil.

If Batman does win don't you think it would go the distance? Like Batman saying to himself...

"Holy sh..i!!! This dude's got skills!"

See even here Captain America admits that without his armor Doom could be a match for any Avenger!!

And its widely understood if Cap and Bats shared a cell, Bats would change his name to Mrs. Cap. Sorry for the rant, but I don't think hand to hand is beneath him (under certain circumstances) there is one issue where he prides himself upon being a remarkable swordsman

Sorry for the rant but after locking myself inside for weeks reading Doom and PCAT prep books, I would now like to proudly say I have a new favorite alongside Punisher and that is his Lordship Doom. I think he could easily take Bats, I mean the man takes hits on a regular basis with the Thing, enters Hell every month to save his mother from Mephisto, conquered an entire planet without any armor, I could go on, but you are right it depends on the writer. So I have noticed, especially when they show do Doom do unspeakably cruel acts to people.

One last question. Doom reminds me of the drill Sgt in Full metal Jacket. The way he just talks *** to people. Do you think he could succesful stand up career just talking smack to hecklers?

Heckler: You suck!
Doom: Silence you dolt, lest I go back in time and convince your father that the dog was a more economical choice for relief than your mother who needed a bucket of horse excrement placed in the corner during their wedding ceremony so as to keep the flies away. Did I also fail to mention that she kept the toy that came in the box during their wedding dinner? I was there, accursed Richards tried to stop me from disintegrating the city you held the wedding in.

Anyway..........

Hail Doom.

Last edited by ObakeTora; 06-29-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:45 PM   #450
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
I knew you would say that, it depends on the writer. But, lets say what if both of them had a week prep time, and the confrontation begins like this?
Doom: Pedo.
Batman: *itch.
A week of prep time changes things substantially.

For Batman, "prep" is perfect tactical analysis of his enemy as well as gadgets and technology only a billionaire could afford.

For Doom, "prep" is the resources of an entire country, all kinds of incredible magic, crazy superscience you couldn't possibly replicate even if you had all the money in the world, an army of robots, and often a time machine.

Doom just has way more he can do if he has time.

Dr. Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote