Old 04-30-2014, 12:52 PM   #126
antonydelfini
Quiver

Default Re: Wolverine 3 - March 3, 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Man Dann View Post
New HJ interview:
http://www.sfx.co.uk/2014/04/30/hugh...will-he-do-it/

"Weíre talking it through. I still am very ambitious for the character. And tonally I feel like we corrected the ship with the last one. But I feel we can still go further, in a way. If I did another one Iím 99.9% sure it would be the last, so that will inform what it is for me."

"Well, of course weíre looking at Old Man Logan, because that may be the only option left at this point! [laughs] We are looking at a lot of different storylines. No one has jumped out. You can tell from my answer that weíre still working it out. Iím working with Jim Mangold, which is exciting. Jim came on board The Wolverine after Darren [Aronofsky] left, so he inherited it. And of all the things that Jim can do, one of the great things he does is develop scripts. Iím excited to see what we can come up with, but I havenít signed on signed on. Iím genuinely at that point where unless itís better than the last one Iím not going to do it."

"I can still see where we can improve on the last one. I love the intimacy of that story, I liked the small stuff, I liked that it was a little unexpected. I donít want to get into specifics, because it just upsets people, but there are certain parts of that story where I felt we were predictable. And I donít think you need to do that with Wolverine. Whatís exciting is that you can make it a more interior story, and people actually prefer that."
I love that Hugh wants to improve on The Wolverine. It would have been my number one superhero movie if not for the tone and silliness of the 3rd act that felt completely out of place.

My top 5:
1. The Dark Knight
2. Avengers
3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
4. Iron Man
5. The Wolverine

I have a feeling XMen DOFP and Wolverine 3 will sneak in my top 5 soon.

Anyways, my preferred title for Wolverine 3 is: The Wolverine Unleashed

Old Man Logan could be adapted but I imagine it would be set in a non-apocalyptic world unlike the comics. He's living with Mariko, they have kids, and for the sake of their family and having spent a century living in violence, he has vowed to Mariko that he will forever live in complete peace and and vows to never use violence again. Yukio gets intro trouble in Russia, Omega Red is the big bad. It could be done. And we'll have a bloody cut again.

antonydelfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:46 PM   #127
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Untill he says defently he's not doing another film his comments should be
taken with grain of salt.

Old Man Logan Is very hard to adapt from what I read On Wiki the other characters besides wolverine are characters from avengers.

I would rather Jackman's last appearance being In X-Men sequel especilly if
third wolverine was based on Old man Logan.
Like just about every other X-film story adaptation,it would be Old Man Logan in name only,I'd imagine.

I really hope they don't do Old Man Logan.Save it for ten years from now.Coax Hugh back.He'll probably be more willing to come back on pure nostalgia by then.

Old 04-30-2014, 04:15 PM   #128
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Yeah Old Man Logan seems a little too soon to be adapting that, as Hugh said they have only just got the character back on track and taking far in the future in post apocolyptic world would be too much of a leap from the grounded realism of the last one.

Lets just hope he can end on a high.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 04:52 PM   #129
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Thing is they won't retire the character because of jackman so if he doesn't wanna do it they will recast, they won't hold on to him so one day when he is 60 he will return for old man Logan, its likely they will wanna do that story now

Old 04-30-2014, 05:12 PM   #130
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Now fox can promate third wolverine as likelys wan sony for Jackman as wolverine.

Of course the question then becomes do they recast or reboot after that.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:14 AM   #131
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

You always jump to conclusion like that. Hugh Jackman hints he might not return and you'll bring up reboot. Hugh Jackman hints he might return and you'll bring up another thing.

In my opinion, Hugh Jackman is just being tongue in cheek, a lot of actors do that, where's the excitement if he's gonna say he's gonna play Wolverine for 3 more films.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 06:09 AM   #132
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You always jump to conclusion like that. Hugh Jackman hints he might not return and you'll bring up reboot. Hugh Jackman hints he might return and you'll bring up another thing.

In my opinion, Hugh Jackman is just being tongue in cheek, a lot of actors do that, where's the excitement if he's gonna say he's gonna play Wolverine for 3 more films.
The fact that you went from he could return for another to he is hiding the excitement that he would return for 3 more movies I think You are the one jumping to the conclusions, after wolverine 3 he will have played it 7 times already, while he says he isn't tired of the character yet he does acknowledge that at some point he has to stop

You can tell he is at that point where he has done it all as wolverine, judging by what he says about wolverine 3 he doesn't want just another film, he wants a new challenge as the character that can be better then the last

Old 05-01-2014, 11:12 AM   #133
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I don't think they'd recast him immediately. It would just totally screw with continuity and what they've been doing. It wouldn't really be Wolverine 3, it would be The Amazing Wolverine.

He's likely just teasing us. He'll probably be back for at least another Wolverine and an X-Men film. Patrick Stewart hinted at something X-related down the line, would it really make sense after all the X-films and DOFP to have some schmuck playing Wolverine alongside Patrick Stewart as if they're old buddies? I think they're introducing Gambit to be the next Wolverine to distract people if Hugh wants to take a break or something.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 11:35 AM   #134
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I don't think they'd recast him immediately. It would just totally screw with continuity and what they've been doing. It wouldn't really be Wolverine 3, it would be The Amazing Wolverine.

He's likely just teasing us. He'll probably be back for at least another Wolverine and an X-Men film. Patrick Stewart hinted at something X-related down the line, would it really make sense after all the X-films and DOFP to have some schmuck playing Wolverine alongside Patrick Stewart as if they're old buddies? I think they're introducing Gambit to be the next Wolverine to distract people if Hugh wants to take a break or something.
It's possible he's just messing with people.reports have him set for third wolverine film which he kind of plays game with as far as admitting with people.

I still wonder why Bryan Singer would discuss Apocalypse with Hugh If he's not in film. Gambit may be to fill wolverine's void In Apocalypse If wolverine is not in it.

It's very possable Patrick Stewart Is mentioning third wolverine which may be loosly based on Old man logan will have to have x-men characters replace all the avengers characters In story and could take place after the ending of DOFP.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:14 PM   #135
Rike
Something strange here?

Old Man Logan? Sounds good to me.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #136
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
I still wonder why Bryan Singer would discuss Apocalypse with Hugh If he's not in film. Gambit may be to fill wolverine's void In Apocalypse If wolverine is not in it.
jackman said he and his son went out to dinner with singer and he got drinking and starting talking about apocalypse with his son

Old 05-01-2014, 09:30 PM   #137
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
The fact that you went from he could return for another to he is hiding the excitement that he would return for 3 more movies I think You are the one jumping to the conclusions, after wolverine 3 he will have played it 7 times already, while he says he isn't tired of the character yet he does acknowledge that at some point he has to stop

You can tell he is at that point where he has done it all as wolverine, judging by what he says about wolverine 3 he doesn't want just another film, he wants a new challenge as the character that can be better then the last
I'm not jumping into conclusions, I said "Might" while marvelrobbins said "will".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post

Yeah he's probably teasing us. If he's getting tired of playing Wolverine, he wouldn't have returned after Origins and he wouldn't be doing much promotion to the DOFP after just promoting The Wolverine last year.

And is there any actor who's in a franchise (that doesn't have an end date) that says they'll be back in the next 3 to 4 movies. No one. Its always a "maybe" "if the story is good" "I'd sign up if they ask me" "we talked about it". No one really says they are so sure about returning.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-01-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:20 PM   #138
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I meant to put this here
http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...olverine-movie

Old 05-09-2014, 01:42 PM   #139
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Good news very interested to see where they go next after TW was such a change from the norm. Cant wait to see DOFP and then start speculating on this even more

Old 05-09-2014, 01:50 PM   #140
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Good news very interested to see where they go next after TW was such a change from the norm. Cant wait to see DOFP and then start speculating on this even more
Plus news has come out today Hugh may film Apocalypse and third wolveine back to back

Old 05-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #141
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Plus news has come out today Hugh may film Apocalypse and third wolveine back to back
Good news indeed, although I can see many of the "Wolverine is over exposed" brigade only complaining more if he appears in Apocalypse as well. I guess they have a right to complain though and I see their point sometimes, just hope some of the other characters get their own solo films too soon to balance things out.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #142
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Good news indeed, although I can see many of the "Wolverine is over exposed" brigade only complaining more if he appears in Apocalypse as well. I guess they have a right to complain though and I see their point sometimes, just hope some of the other characters get their own solo films too soon to balance things out.
They will never stop complaning even when you try to point out Even without wolverine Apocalyps eis likely to focus more on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and
Beast nad unlikely to be the cyclops,Jean,and storm film.

Hugh Jackman may be done after doing Apocalypse and third wolverine film back to back.

Plus DOFP may have better balance than say last stand.

And if third wolverine film Is based on old man logan I wonder how they replace all the avengers characters In the story.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #143
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
They will never stop complaning even when you try to point out Even without wolverine Apocalyps eis likely to focus more on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,and
Beast nad unlikely to be the cyclops,Jean,and storm film.

Hugh Jackman may be done after doing Apocalypse and third wolverine film back to back.

Plus DOFP may have better balance than say last stand.

And if third wolverine film Is based on old man logan I wonder how they replace all the avengers characters In the story
I do wonder if old man Logan is what they will go with, it is radically different to others being post apocalyptic and as you say the issue of some Avengers being in it and not exactly in there normal state. I think they will go with something else but you never know, Hugh did say they will go in directions not expected and unchartered so who knows, cant wait to find out thats for sure.

Which is planned to come first Apocalypse or TW3?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:51 PM   #144
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do wonder if old man Logan is what they will go with, it is radically different to others being post apocalyptic and as you say the issue of some Avengers being in it and not exactly in there normal state. I think they will go with something else but you never know, Hugh did say they will go in directions not expected and unchartered so who knows, cant wait to find out thats for sure.

Which is planned to come first Apocalypse or TW3?
Apocalypse will be out first.

from what i read on wiki most of characters besides wolverine In Old man logan
are avengers related characters.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:14 PM   #145
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Apocalypse will be out first.

from what i read on wiki most of characters besides wolverine In Old man logan
are avengers related characters.
Ah nice one so TW3 could potentially be the last then, that would be cool way to go out if thats is his swan song.

Yeah OML has very alternate versions of Hawkeye, Hulk and think Cap was in it briefly too and obviously Fox doesnt have rights to them so it would take some major alterations to get that to work on screen but I suppose they might use it as a base rather than do it word for word.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:22 PM   #146
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I suspect they will use X-Men characters to replace the avengers character

My suspecion Is APocalypse would have wolverine In newtimeline after DOFP while third wolverine would be set at some point after ending of DOFP.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:41 PM   #147
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Yeah possibly that could work but the themes in it are pretty dark, it would be an R/18 rated if they did a straight conversion. I guess they would tone it down if they did use that as a base.

Does sound more likely he will be in Apocalypse now doesnt it which is cool from a Wolverine fan point of view at least, I do hope Gambit is introduced though as well and we get a good Cyclops.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:56 PM   #148
Mr. Youtube
Side-Kick

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Mangold shoots so much footage and then decides to split the film in two. Old Man Logan: Part One and Old Man Logan: Part Two.

It won't be a full adaptation, I mean, chances are it'll just take the skeleton of it. I mean, it's almost confirmed that he'll be travelling with Yukio. It probably won't be post-apocalyptic, but I've a feeling it'll show corrupt mutants and have an overall Western feel. I'm just assuming, no Logan-kids-wife and that it'll be Yukio's death that prompts his frenzy.

* Hawkeye = Yukio
* Red Skull = Sabretooth
* Hulk = Omega Red? McLeish?

They could all be suitable replacements with the film taking the basis of the comic and turn it into something like: Logan and Yukio are blackmailed into delivering a package across the US. Along the way they discover a conspiracy and after Yukio's death, Logan returns to find Omega Red or McLeish, a man with ties to his past, behind it.

Mr. Youtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #149
Rogan525
Side-Kick

I think people are missing the point about what hugh was saying. I think he means that instead of it being a comic book movie with different elements thrown in he wants a brand new story with comic elements thrown in. Bored with the comic storyline.

Rogan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:07 AM   #150
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Youtube View Post
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Mangold shoots so much footage and then decides to split the film in two. Old Man Logan: Part One and Old Man Logan: Part Two.
I don't see that happening.

"'Nuff said" - SM3