The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 04-16-2014, 11:45 PM   #326
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Erghh... They turned Falcon into a brown nosing S.I.M.P.

I wouldn't be surprised if Don Lemon was their first choice to play Sam in A2.

ObakeTora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:36 PM   #327
Loki882
Side-Kick

Seriously, Falcon mom? Really MOA, that's just beyond stupid and childish. Falcon is a minor, since when? Has that ever been mentioned before? And if he is, then why isn't he hanging out with Spider-Man and his crew (since USM is in the same continuity), what makes Falcon so special that he gets to hang with the big boys? Thank God for Anthony Mackie because this show's take on the Falcon is lame beyond all Earthly comprehension. Also, the constant underusing of Black Widow has long since gotten annoying. Seriously MOA, she's the only female member of the team and yet she is the one who's used the least, by far. Stop doing that. And to make matters worse, we have and Ant-Man episode, but no Wasp, really? Finally, the constant references/rip-offs from the movies is also really getting old. I love the movies, but I also love variety and these shows being little more than glorified tributes to the movies is really irritating. Do your own thing and have some creativity.

Last edited by Loki882; 04-18-2014 at 12:39 PM.
Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #328
CTFFFan
Side-Kick

Like the show. But I'd like to see less of the Cobol (sp.?) and more varied enemies. Also more team ups with other heroes (like the FF for example).

CTFFFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #329
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Seriously, Falcon mom? Really MOA, that's just beyond stupid and childish. Falcon is a minor, since when? Has that ever been mentioned before? And if he is, then why isn't he hanging out with Spider-Man and his crew (since USM is in the same continuity), what makes Falcon so special that he gets to hang with the big boys? Thank God for Anthony Mackie because this show's take on the Falcon is lame beyond all Earthly comprehension. Also, the constant underusing of Black Widow has long since gotten annoying. Seriously MOA, she's the only female member of the team and yet she is the one who's used the least, by far. Stop doing that. And to make matters worse, we have and Ant-Man episode, but no Wasp, really? Finally, the constant references/rip-offs from the movies is also really getting old. I love the movies, but I also love variety and these shows being little more than glorified tributes to the movies is really irritating. Do your own thing and have some creativity.
You have to remember,they're trying to appeal to 7 y/o boys who still think that girls are icky.

Old 04-18-2014, 09:41 PM   #330
Loki882
Side-Kick

Even uber-sexy and badass Russian red heads in skin-tight black leather jumpsuits.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:49 PM   #331
JoeyConQueso
Part-time Mutant

I'd be a lot easier on this show if the animation wasn't so godawful. It's like the Marvel Animation higher-ups are people that don't like Marvel superheroes or animation.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #332
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
You have to remember,they're trying to appeal to 7 y/o boys who still think that girls are icky.
This argument was squashed long ago in 1984 with the introduction of Robotech. That show had a serious adult theme, but my 6th grade class watched it religiously. I feel sorry for kids today, their shows are pandering and insulting to their intelligence. Now if that isn't enough we have Marvel's new offering dISk Wars witch just proves the Direction the house of mouse wants to go. Meh. MEH!!!!!! SICK OF THESE LAME SHOWS MARVEL!!!!!

Old 04-24-2014, 12:35 AM   #333
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

While I like Robotech and all, try watching it today and it doesn't hold up as much. Also, even back then Robotech was edited to make it more appropriate for younger viewers.

Also Disk Wars is a show made by Toei Animation aimed at Japanese kids and viewing audiences. It hasn't even been released in the US yet, so what are you so ticked off about?

Fans will find anything to complain about.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 06:08 PM   #334
ObakeTora
Me llamo Tigre Fantasma!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
While I like Robotech and all, try watching it today and it doesn't hold up as much. Also, even back then Robotech was edited to make it more appropriate for younger viewers.

Also Disk Wars is a show made by Toei Animation aimed at Japanese kids and viewing audiences. It hasn't even been released in the US yet, so what are you so ticked off about?

Fans will find anything to complain about.
Really? What show were you watching? Robotrek?

They didn't edit the scene where it was implied that Roy Fokker was about to get it on with his girlfriend. The original series had nude bits, but that was taken out. There were several adult elements, but as a kid I was able to follow just like many others. I hate seeing properties like Avengers TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) dummied down to appeal to kids and parents with buying power. There are Marvel properties that can be used for kids such as The Runaways, but cartoons today as opposed to cartoons of yesterday I would find really insulting to my IQ if I was still a kid.

I'm also ticked that we haven't had a decent Avengers show since EMH and the great stories that will go unused in the series.

Fans are always going to complain, because it gets ***it done. We are the ones who have to watch it.

Old 04-26-2014, 03:36 AM   #335
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObakeTora View Post
Really? What show were you watching? Robotrek?

They didn't edit the scene where it was implied that Roy Fokker was about to get it on with his girlfriend. The original series had nude bits, but that was taken out. There were several adult elements, but as a kid I was able to follow just like many others. I hate seeing properties like Avengers TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) dummied down to appeal to kids and parents with buying power. There are Marvel properties that can be used for kids such as The Runaways, but cartoons today as opposed to cartoons of yesterday I would find really insulting to my IQ if I was still a kid.
No I'm talking about Robotech. Robotech, which in itself was just a re-versioning several Japanese anime series. And yes they did edit and dumb it down a lot from what was in the Japanese version.

And yet the popularity of all those shows came after Robotech. Not to mention, Robotech's existence in the 1980's was fleeting. Even now Harmony Gold is struggling to get stuff out there for it. They can't get the movie off the ground. I think Robotech was fine for its time, but not everything has to be in that style for it to be good or enjoyable. Was it cool to see a show where main characters got killed and things got rather bleak at times? Yes. But not all shows have to be like that either.

Kids don't want to watch Runaways right now. They want to see Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and The Hulk.

Quote:
I'm also ticked that we haven't had a decent Avengers show since EMH and the great stories that will go unused in the series.

Fans are always going to complain, because it gets ***it done. We are the ones who have to watch it.
No it doesn't. Fans that complain on the internet are loud but they are not numerous. The campaigning for the Save Spectacular Spider-Man page on Facebook was miniscule at best.

The crowd sourcing campaign to save Green Lantern and Young Justice were miserable failures.

Ultimate Spider-Man and Avengers Assemble are successful. Kids enjoy them. And that's why they are continuing.

- CM Punk
Old 04-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #336
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

It's all well and good that the kids are enjoying them,but is it too much to ask for an animated series that can appeal to adults too?

Hell,Spider-Man and his amazing friends had more mature plots than Avengers Assemble!

Old 04-26-2014, 12:59 PM   #337
Loki882
Side-Kick

Heck, Nickelodeon is doing that right know with both Legend of Korra and TMNT. So Marvel has no excuse.

Old 04-26-2014, 07:58 PM   #338
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
It's all well and good that the kids are enjoying them,but is it too much to ask for an animated series that can appeal to adults too?

Hell,Spider-Man and his amazing friends had more mature plots than Avengers Assemble!
I'm an adult and I enjoy the shows.

- CM Punk
Old 04-26-2014, 07:59 PM   #339
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Heck, Nickelodeon is doing that right know with both Legend of Korra and TMNT. So Marvel has no excuse.
The TMNT series on Nick has a ton of goofy crap on it. Case in point ice cream cat.

- CM Punk
Old 04-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #340
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I can't but hope they might change Falcon's character so that he more resembles his TWS counterpart. Mackie's version was much better. I would hope that the cartoon could find a way to evolve his character to be more like his movie self without seeming like a retcon.

Overall I think the show is ok. It's entertaining, but I wish more like the 90's X-men in tone. The show lacks in the drama department and doesn't really deal with characters that much imo.

Also I haven't seen every episode, but is Banner a non-entity in this show? It kinda bugs me we see Hulk all the time, but there's seemingly no attempt to have Banner as a character and delve into the Hulk other than have an episode that plays the "he's not just a beast" card.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #341
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Banner appeared in the Planet Doom episode. Hulk referenced him in an earlier episode.

- CM Punk
Old 05-01-2014, 12:59 AM   #342
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Ah ok. Thanks Vile.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #343
Frico
Live by the creed

May 11th is a Hawkeye centric episode with The Circus of Crime.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:58 AM   #344
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
The TMNT series on Nick has a ton of goofy crap on it. Case in point ice cream cat.
True, but MOST (NOT ALL) of the goofy humor in the Nick TMNT series is (a) actually funny and (b) layered so that it can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Also, the series doesn't talk down to the viewers like AA does and at times is very dark and serious.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 01:03 PM   #345
JoeyConQueso
Part-time Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
May 11th is a Hawkeye centric episode with The Circus of Crime.
If they made an effort to show him in the classic purple, I might give it a look.

Old 05-03-2014, 05:07 PM   #346
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
True, but MOST (NOT ALL) of the goofy humor in the Nick TMNT series is (a) actually funny and (b) layered so that it can be enjoyed by people of all ages. Also, the series doesn't talk down to the viewers like AA does and at times is very dark and serious.
True.And TMNT has always had an appeal to kids.In the case of AA,it feels like they're dumbing down characters to a child level.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:53 AM   #347
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade X View Post
There is nothing enjoyable about Ice Cream cat. In fact it's quite horrifying and disgusting.

- CM Punk
Old 05-04-2014, 04:00 PM   #348
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
There is nothing enjoyable about Ice Cream cat. In fact it's quite horrifying and disgusting.
Hence why I specifically said that "MOST (NOT ALL)".

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:27 PM   #349
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

I don't mind that they want to appeal to kids,but why have the show drawn like Young Justice with the plotlines of Teen Titans Go?

The animation suggests a somewhat "mature" show,and we get stuff like Falcon's afraid of his mom and the guys are fighting over peanut butter and cookies.

Like I said before,I grew up with stronger stuff in Spider-Man's Amazing Friends and Challenge of the Super Friends!

Old 05-04-2014, 11:31 PM   #350
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

In TMNT they fight over stupid **** all the time.

They banter because casual viewers like the banter and the bickering. In the comics, superheroes also banter and fight and argue over stupid nonsense from time to time. There's precedence for all of it.

- CM Punk