The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 04-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #201
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

There was never anything stated that the 2018 movie wasn't X-Force or that the 2018 movie had anything to do with the OT or FC cast at all.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:22 PM   #202
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: "Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?" - The Original Cast Thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
There was never anything stated that the 2018 movie wasn't X-Force or that the 2018 movie had anything to do with the OT or FC cast at all.
Yes but what I'm asking is when was it stated that the 2018 mystery movie was X-Force? I mean we know about X-Force already why would it be a mystery 2018 film?

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
NanaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2014, 05:49 PM   #203
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Yes but what I'm asking is when was it stated that the 2018 mystery movie was X-Force? I mean we know about X-Force already why would it be a mystery 2018 film?
we have no idea what 2018 film will be. It's looking like it won't be X-Men/FF
but no proof it will be X-force. Jeff Wadlow who wrote X-force and who may direct it signed up for masters of the universe reboot.

It's even possable it could be something with OT cast. Patrick stewart recently said he had heard mumblings of somehting with them again and it sure doesn't look like X-men apocalypse.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:07 PM   #204
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Someone on another thread came up with the idea of the horsemen being the older versions of jean, cylops and Storm. That would be totally cool to see. The young X-Men up against their older selves. I can just imagine the posters.
That sounds like a neat idea. As for the 2018 mystery film, I'm hoping for either a sequel to X-Men: Apocalypse or another film with the original cast.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #205
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

They already announced that they are working on X-Force, why would they label it as a mystery film? Its either they are not sure when to release it or they are keeping it secret or X-Force isn't getting the July 2018 release date. Plus if Wolverine 3 is being released in a non-summer month, shouldn't they do the same for X-Force, given that its not as popular/tested as X-Men/Wolverine.

I do think if the 2018 film is featuring the OT cast. They will have a big returning cast!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
especially if James Marsden, Famke Jannsen and Kelsey Grammer appeared at the end of DOFP. Obviously if those three returned for the end, people would expect them to return, if the story of present X-Men is gonna continue.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:53 AM   #206
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

we know the OT cast won't be In APocalypse so eather other OT cast members may join Hugh Jackman In third wolverine or the mystery 2018 film Involves
OT cast.

Old 04-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #207
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Stewart hinted that he might return for Apocalypse. I think if DOFP is 30% OT, Apocalypse could be like 5% which would still make it "really a First Class sequel" or whatever the quote is.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 12:04 AM   #208
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

A cameo is always a possibility, if that doesn't happen. Apocalypse would be the 1st X-Men movie that didn't have someone from the original cast to appear in the movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-30-2014, 04:57 PM   #209
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

With Hugh jackman claiming third wolverine would likely be his last film as Wolverine It seems with Apocalypse apparently a FC cast only film that third wolverine film would be only chance after Days of Future Past to see OT cast members again.

Old 05-01-2014, 04:21 AM   #210
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think he meant his last solo Wolverine movie. Wolverine movies always appear smaller than team movies and I doubt Fox would go for a 4th and 5th Wolverine movie. I think Fox is just completing a Wolverine trilogy and after that they'll concentrate on more team movies with the original cast or something completely different.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-01-2014 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:05 PM   #211
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Prodicers Lauren Shueller Donner and Hutch Parker are saying another film with original cast is possable
http://www.hitfix.com/news/x-men-pro...st-is-possible

Old 05-10-2014, 04:34 PM   #212
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Of course it's possible - that's not particularly anything shocking. It's just as possible as another movie with the First Class cast as well.

They are still giving vague answers on everything. Wish they would be a little more concrete and show some commitment to something.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #213
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
They are still giving vague answers on everything. Wish they would be a little more concrete and show some commitment to something.
Exactly. Look at what they have been saying for Deadpool since 09. They are still talking about it. They wont flat out say we are going to disappoint fans or vice versa and give them everything they want. Cause right now there's too much going on and talk. OT films, FC films, Mystique, Gambit, Wolverine 2, Deadpool, X-Force etc. Have we ever heard them rule anything out? Original members can or will show up in any one of those.

At least they sounded a bit more confident on solos happening. The most assuring thing was when they said "definitely some solos". And "Deadpool will eventually punch his way to screen". But then she added "I Think" with Deadpool. Which is still extremely vague on if or when it will happen. Nothing new.

Last edited by def28; 05-10-2014 at 07:21 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:16 AM   #214
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'll believe there will definitely solo movies not that is a Wolverine solo when I see it. In my opinion, nothing has really change. They could have already given Deadpool/X-Force a release date but instead, we are getting another First Class film in 2016 and a Wolverine film in 2017. And if that reserved 2018 release date is for X-Force or Deadpool, why keep it a secret?

Now to the OT cast, the producers always consider making more films with the or at least bring them back in some way (like cameo roles). I do think the success of DOFP will lead them to make another movie with them.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-11-2014, 07:38 AM   #215
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Considering word is leaking that
ending of DOFP has time travel erasing most of trilogy and Wolverine films from contunity
the producers may be misleading people so they won't know
DOFP Is ending of characters they know from trilogy
and they get audence back wo saw trilogy but not FC.

We will likely see Wolverine In Apocalypse
but this will be one with no memory of other films and different from one we know since wolverine we know won't return till the 2023 ending of DOFP and apocalypse takes place In 1980's

The question for 2018 film Is
would they bring original cast back after erasing most of their films
and if it's X-force why not just announce that
although if non FC films are erased they may want people to hold out hope for OT sequel till after DOFP Is done in theatres
although the fact Wadlow signed on to direct masters of the universe reboot Isn't a good sign for X-force.

Old 05-11-2014, 07:39 AM   #216
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

LOL @ you using 5 separate spoiler tags.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-11-2014, 01:39 PM   #217
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
How much do you want them to say before DOFP comes out though? Fox have confirmed the releases coming in the next 3 years already, and anything too specific would be pretty spoilery.

When this new film is out and the ending is common knowledge, there may be more talk about the future.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:09 AM   #218
HIA
Side-Kick

definetly

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:40 PM   #219
Sullstar
Side-Kick

At the New York premier they asked Shuler Donner about any other films than the ones they announced and she said "There's one I'm really itching to tell you about but I can't. You're gonna like it though. I guarantee you. It's really different, but you're going to like it."

The fact she said It's really different has made people speculate that it might be Deadpool or X-Force, but we'll see

Sullstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:44 AM   #220
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

If only Fox has confidence in those two. I don't see them entering production in at least the next 4 years.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #221
def28
Side-Kick

She's really been talking up Gambit and mentioning the solo film herself. No one has been mentioning it besides her. That could very well be it. The fact she just announced the actor and has been enthusiastic without even trying to hide it shows she wants to move forward.

Last edited by def28; 05-13-2014 at 07:25 AM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:42 AM   #222
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I think her enthusiasm towards Gambit will just lead to Gambit appearing in one of the team films. Then maybe if the response to Gambit is really good and he already appeared in like 2 to 3 movies (not counting Origins), then maybe Fox would reconsider.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-13-2014, 08:29 AM   #223
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Looks like it might be Gambit afterall. Personally, I'd hope he's based in the present so he can interact with Rogue at some point, but Singer has expressed interest in him for Apocalypse too, and I'd rather he was there to fill that kind of role over Wolverine again.

Old 05-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #224
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Tantum Is likely playing Gambit In Apocalypse

Old 05-14-2014, 03:49 AM   #225
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I don't really see the Gambit movie happening, I think they would at least try to put Channing tatum with the other X-Men cast members first.

"'Nuff said" - SM3