The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Transformers > Transformers: Age of Extinction

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 02:45 PM   #226
dark_b
Side-Kick

Default Re: Transformers 4 is going to be AWESOME. - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Can't wait to see the character design for Megatron reformatted into Galvatron voiced by Frank Welker (Original G1 Megs).
galvatron is megatron? so he is now a side character? why are they forcing megatron in the movie?

Bay let it go.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #227
Lord
All Mighty

Bay doesn't seem to let go of Megatron, but he never really treats him right. He looks badass, sure, his design in Dark of the Moon was one of my favorite, but in the story he either gets limited by the runtime or is overshadowed by another villain

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 05-17-2014, 03:14 PM   #228
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Haven't seen Sideswipe at all.
Sideswipe is the gray sports car that has the triangular forearm blades right? His signature move is kinda jumping over a vehicle, throwing the blade into a vehicle, and splitting it in half right?

Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM   #229
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
galvatron is megatron? so he is now a side character? why are they forcing megatron in the movie?

Bay let it go.
Galvatron is a natural progression from Megs. I don't mind it in the slightest.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:58 PM   #230
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I don't see why Galvatron would be a problem at all. Galvatron is Megatron in the series as well. Nothing surprising here.

I'm glad they are actually going this route. Galvatron, Dinobots and Lockdown are a nice switch up.

Hoping for at the least, a Unicron name drop.

Last edited by def28; 05-17-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:07 PM   #231
dark_b
Side-Kick

i wonder why he needs to be in the movie? to punch OP in the face and then lose the fight ?

Old 05-17-2014, 05:11 PM   #232
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
i wonder why he needs to be in the movie? to punch OP in the face and then lose the fight ?
Well you can't have Optimus vs. Megatron or visa-versa it's been that way in the Transformers lore for a long time.

Every time Megs dies he's comes back as Galvatron.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #233
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Idk...Bay has mentioned that this is the beginning of a new trilogy, so maybe they're working on bringing in Rodimus and Unicron. It's pretty much a pipe dream, but it's where I'd like to see the series go.

Old 05-17-2014, 05:34 PM   #234
def28
Side-Kick

That would be awesome.

Would love to see an autobot base getting eaten by Unicron on screen. Then cue opening credits...

Last edited by def28; 05-18-2014 at 03:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:59 PM   #235
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
That would be awesome.

Would love to see an autobot base getting eating by Unicron on screen. Then cue opening credits...
Man, I love the animated movie SO much. You're making me wanna watch it big time right now. Bah weep grah nah weep ninny bah

Old 05-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #236
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
It's apart of the main conflict between the humans and Autobots. The humans have learned to replicate the material the transformers are made from, using the corpse of Megatron and the other dead transformers, and now have the ability to create their own Transformers.

One of the transformers they create is Galvatron, who is created from Megatron's corpse.

Hence why they are hunting down and killing the autobots: They now have their own transformers that they themselves have created and can control, should they ever be needed. Thus, eliminating any further need for the Autobots, whom they have (in TF2 and TF3) shown the desire to get rid of.

He's not the main threat, be he is integral to the plot.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-17-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:34 PM   #237
Lord
All Mighty

It's interesting to see that they want to take more time with the next film, around 3 years with each one, unlike with the previous 2 that were only done in 2 years.

Would like to see a good Director with a vision take on the next films, i have been enjoyed Bay's run, but i think it's time for him to let somebody else handle the rest of the new trilogy, he can still remain heavily involved witht he plot and planning, i just hope he doesn't hire a Bay wannabe like he did with TMNT.

J.J.Abrams's style actually reminds me a lot of Michael Bay's, the difference is that he's usually more focused and doesn't have a type of "frat boy atitude", so i don't think you need to reboot in order to give good stories.

In the new film he doesn't even to be as excited as he was with Dark of the Moon, in that film he pretty much gave his all, so the new trailer doesn't look all that impressive and gives a "been there, done that" vibe. Seems to me like he has done all he wanted to, but at the same time is too attached to leave the franchise.

I just hope the replacement Director isn't a "puppet" for the Studio and Bay, Liebesman is pretty bad and the Director of G.I.Joe: Retaliation is a joke, would it be possible for the Studio to get someone that has some well regarded films that could actually give hope to fans?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 05-17-2014, 07:07 PM   #238
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

I'd like to see Neill Blomkamp take a shot at it, but he'll never do it.

Old 05-17-2014, 07:28 PM   #239
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind Justin Lin having a crack at it.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:16 AM   #240
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Man, I love the animated movie SO much. You're making me wanna watch it big time right now. Bah weep grah nah weep ninny bah
"The Universal greeting works every time" Flick still kicks ass. The autobot city attack is probably my favorite moment from anything Transformers.

Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus and a better version of Arcee are definitely in need of some screen time soon.

Last edited by def28; 05-18-2014 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 AM   #241
Lord
All Mighty

Justin Lin could be interesting, but he's usually hit or miss, and it took him a while to get accostumed with The Fast and the Furious movies. I think that what this needs is a serious Science Fiction type of Director, Bay and Justin Lin are "urban" types in a way, Blomkamp would be perfect, but a stretch, in least they better not go with just a "Yes Man".

Old 05-18-2014, 04:25 AM   #242
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Sideswipe is the gray sports car that has the triangular forearm blades right? His signature move is kinda jumping over a vehicle, throwing the blade into a vehicle, and splitting it in half right?
Yup. He's the one that says "Damn, I'm good" in ROTF. Probably the most memorable moment in all of that film. lol

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 05-18-2014, 04:46 AM   #243
def28
Side-Kick

Sideswipe's sick. Easily my favorite bot besides Prime. The Forrest fight was a pretty memorable scene in ROTF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Justin Lin could be interesting, but he's usually hit or miss, and it took him a while to get accostumed with The Fast and the Furious movies.
Really? I thought Tokyo Drift was actually the stronger of the first three.

I think the most important thing is grabbing a Writer/Director who cares about the bots as much as the humans. The effect guys will take care of the hard work.

Old 05-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #244
Lord
All Mighty

Tokyo Drift and Fast & Furious are actually the films of that franchise i enjoy the least. Agreed about caring for the bots, with Michael Bay and Lights & Magic as advisors for the special effects there's no need for another action focused Director, just someone that can focus on telling a good story.

Thing is, that his choices at Platinumm Dunes don't give me many hopes of his replacement changing the game.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:03 PM   #245
samsnee
Side-Kick

Stupid question...in the international trailer, we see a huge freight ship being dropped onto the ground and then bounce up. But wouldn't something that big and heavy just land with a thud? Why would it bounce? And yes I realize I'm questioning the physics in a Transformers movie.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #246
Donut
Side-Kick

Hmmmmmmmm

Last edited by Donut; 05-19-2014 at 09:11 PM.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:04 AM   #247
raisethe3
Side-Kick

I am confused, so Lockdown is the Lamborghini and also transforms into a gun? Man, they should've had Galvatron transform into the gun than Lockdown. It would closely resemble the G1 series.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:57 AM   #248
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
Stupid question...in the international trailer, we see a huge freight ship being dropped onto the ground and then bounce up. But wouldn't something that big and heavy just land with a thud? Why would it bounce? And yes I realize I'm questioning the physics in a Transformers movie.
Wasn't there a rumor a long time ago that a freight ship was actually a giant transformer? It would be awesome if that was true. It would give Grimlock a reason to turn into a bot and duke it out.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:19 AM   #249
Dr Lee
Feet first into hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisethe3 View Post
I am confused, so Lockdown is the Lamborghini and also transforms into a gun? Man, they should've had Galvatron transform into the gun than Lockdown. It would closely resemble the G1 series.
Where are you hearing that he turns into a gun as well as the Lamborghini?

Old 05-20-2014, 12:15 PM   #250
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Wasn't there a rumor a long time ago that a freight ship was actually a giant transformer? It would be awesome if that was true. It would give Grimlock a reason to turn into a bot and duke it out.
I think that had to do with Michael Bay wanting a freighter ship Transformer in the 2nd film, but that idea was never pursued, would be interesting to see it someday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Lee View Post
Where are you hearing that he turns into a gun as well as the Lamborghini?
He turned his head into a gun in the trailers, as for the Lamborghini, he must have heard it in some rumors.

Closed Thread