The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers World

Old 05-05-2014, 12:54 AM   #351
Blade X
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Assemble! Animated Show - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I don't mind that they want to appeal to kids,but why have the show drawn like Young Justice with the plotlines of Teen Titans Go?
I have to disagree with you about the show being drawn like YJ. Visually, AA looks nothing like YJ. The highly detailed visual/artistic designs,the color scheme,and the horrible looking and misplaced CGI) makes AA look far less dynamic looking then YJ, not to mention, makes the show hard to animate.

Quote:
Like I said before,I grew up with stronger stuff in Spider-Man's Amazing Friends and Challenge of the Super Friends!
In some aspects, this is very true. Which is sad in itself.

I would also like to say that AVENGERS DISC WARS is an all round better show then AA, despite it's stupid and done to death premise.

Blade X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 01:01 AM   #352
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
In TMNT they fight over stupid **** all the time.

They banter because casual viewers like the banter and the bickering. In the comics, superheroes also banter and fight and argue over stupid nonsense from time to time. There's precedence for all of it.
True, but the stupid arguments/fights in TMNT and in the Avengers comics are OFTEN (but NOT ALWAYS) better executed then they are in AA. Hell, the comedy and stupid arguments in AVENGERS DISC WARS is executed better than it is in AA.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:21 AM   #353
Loki882
Side-Kick

Plus, the Turtles are teenagers and brothers. Them being a bit immature and bickering amongst themselves make sense. I did that with my brother when we were younger. The Avengers (except for Falcon apparently) are supposed to be adults and experienced superheroes. It just makes them look like complete idiots.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 11:03 PM   #354
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

to those who watch this show: is it any good? worth giving a shot? I enjoyed EMH and as far as I've seen/read these two show's are very different right?

I don't watch cartoons or anything really so I know it's all kids stuff but is this at least worth a watch like EMH?

really just looking for something Marvel to watch in my downtime lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:41 AM   #355
Casius--J
Web Master

The show isn't awful but it isn't very good either! It can be quite dull at times and at the end of an episode you wonder why you wasted your time.

However I do recommend you give the show a try, you might like it more than I or some others do.

Casius--J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:47 AM   #356
Venomfan
Side-Kick

"what happened?"
"tony happened"
"looks like tony "happened" all over the place"
hope that was intentional lol

Old 05-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #357
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casius--J View Post
The show isn't awful but it isn't very good either! It can be quite dull at times and at the end of an episode you wonder why you wasted your time.

However I do recommend you give the show a try, you might like it more than I or some others do.
That's basically an apt description.

It's not something I can really look forward to.And usually,after the first 10 minutes I start looking at my watch.

It's not "bad" per say,but as I said before,it's pretty much designed to appeal to kids.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:13 PM   #358
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I'll have to download the first few episode and try it, thanks guys!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:02 PM   #359
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Huge spoiler for season finale and what's likely next for season 2! Again, only click if you don't mind being spoiled.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 05-24-2014 at 01:01 AM.
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:10 PM   #360
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
to those who watch this show: is it any good? worth giving a shot? I enjoyed EMH and as far as I've seen/read these two show's are very different right?

I don't watch cartoons or anything really so I know it's all kids stuff but is this at least worth a watch like EMH?

really just looking for something Marvel to watch in my downtime lol.
I watched it and all I can say is nope and nope. EMH is supremely better than this. The show tirelessly rehashes jokes, tropes and one-liners from the movie. It annoys me to no end with the lack of originality. Also the dialogue and script writing is just bad. I know it's a kid's show but come on, EMH didn't treat its audience like idiots and was very faithful to comic lore. You'll find that a lot of fans still shake their fists at Jeph Loeb to this day.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:42 AM   #361
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Season 1 is in the books, so let me give some quick observations.

The good:

*The animation is outstanding

*The Cabal is made up of villains new to animation, like Hyperion. Marvel didn't fall back on the usual suspects.

*Mojoworld was well done, as was Latveria. It was also nice to see the Wrecking Crew.

*The villain in the finale has possibilities.

The bad:

*The plot device of pitting the Avengers against one another has been done to death on this show.

*Neither Hulk or Thor are portrayed as particularly powerful.

*Captain America seems wary of decision-making, which is totally out of character.

*Avengers Tower gets destroyed almost every episode.

*Hulk comes off like a petulant child far too often. His EMH portrayal of the surly, reluctant hero was better.

*Hawkeye doesn't offer much other than cornball jokes, much like A-Bomb on AOS.

*Despite other heroes showing up from time to time (like the GotG), they are nowhere to be found when the Red Skull forms the Cabal and takes control of the existence-threatening Tesseract.

Lantern Venom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:00 PM   #362
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern Venom View Post
The good:

*The animation is outstanding
I admit I don't know really anything about animation, so maybe this has nothing to do with that, but i noticed a lot of times on this show during an action scene it turns into a slide show. Because of that I have never understood why people say the animation is better here than on EMH. Maybe that has nothing to do with animation though, but i find it really annoying

Old 05-31-2014, 01:55 AM   #363
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I think MODOK is great on this show. He's a more serious villain here. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was played more for comedic effect. Here, he's way more formidable.

- CM Punk

Last edited by TheVileOne; 06-17-2014 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #364
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

It's official this show is stupid, animation is stupid, everything is just plain stupid and a waste of resources. I do not like Man of Action's work plain and simple.

Man it's up to the new vice president of Marvel Animations Steve Wacker to up Marvel's game as he said he wants the stories to rise to the occasion.

bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #365
marcvader
Lurker #1

So i finally got around to seeing the first two episodes on Netflix nd all I can say is, This show sucks!. The jokes are stupid and too frequent and the characterizations are way off the mark too often. Also the lack of even trying to follow canon is annoying. They had the perfect recipe for success with EMH and dont understand why they didn't at least take something from that show when making this one. Head scratcher. I know it's a kids show but damn it dont make it so stupid, old kids and real kids would appreciate it more. Nuff said.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 05:58 PM   #366
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
So i finally got around to seeing the first two episodes on Netflix nd all I can say is, This show sucks!. The jokes are stupid and too frequent and the characterizations are way off the mark too often. Also the lack of even trying to follow canon is annoying. They had the perfect recipe for success with EMH and dont understand why they didn't at least take something from that show when making this one. Head scratcher. I know it's a kids show but damn it dont make it so stupid, old kids and real kids would appreciate it more. Nuff said.
I watched the whole season and did a marathon and man it's officially a very stupid series hence my previous comment.

Hope Stephen Wacker fixes the second season like how he did for the third season of Ultimate Spider-Man but the difference should be that season 2 has to be like EMHS with it's maturity

Last edited by bigdaddy313; 07-08-2014 at 06:03 PM.
bigdaddy313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM   #367
JJ01
Side-Kick

Quote:
According to Wacker, we will see more Avengers (an expanding roster) and more multi-episode stories (unlike the first season which only had mostly single stories episodes). Wacker even hint in one of his replies, that the show will offer some classic comics adaptation, a concept highly praised when utilized in the previous avengers show, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
http://www.dailymarvelite.com/index....a-third-season

Oh my god. Can't they just bring back EMH? Either way, the whole classic comics adaptation and an expanding roster might be good signs of this show improving.

JJ01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #368
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

The answer is no. They will never bring back Earth's Mightiest Heroes. The show is over and the creators have moved on to other things. So even if it did come back it wouldn't be the same people working on it.

- CM Punk
Old 07-21-2014, 06:37 PM   #369
bored
One Sexy Lemur

Well, at least it sounds like they may try to revisit what made EMH as good as it was.

G D
H S
T
Y
bored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #370
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

It's like people still asking about Spectacular Spider-Man. It's over folks. Never coming back. Greg Weisman is working on Star Wars: Rebels now.

- CM Punk
Old 07-29-2014, 02:00 AM   #371
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

New clip with a Thanos appearance:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- CM Punk
Old 08-12-2014, 01:49 AM   #372
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

This series is soulless.

Mad Ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:45 PM   #373
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I think MODOK is great on this show. He's a more serious villain here. In Earth's Mightiest Heroes he was played more for comedic effect. Here, he's way more formidable.
You're joking, right?

Old 08-17-2014, 04:51 PM   #374
Blade X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
I admit I don't know really anything about animation, so maybe this has nothing to do with that, but i noticed a lot of times on this show during an action scene it turns into a slide show. Because of that I have never understood why people say the animation is better here than on EMH. Maybe that has nothing to do with animation though, but i find it really annoying
I think that many people might be confusing animation with art/design. In other words, those who say tat the "animation looks good" might actually mean that they think the character designs and background art of the show looks good, not the actual animation. IMO, both the animation and the background art (especially the ugly colors and misplaced bad CGI) look like crap.

Old 08-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #375
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

People seriously need to get over Avengers EMH. It's never coming back, neither is Spectacular Spider-Man.

Marvel has essentially declared war on intelligent and mature cartoons. There's no other way to put it. They've been open about it for a good while now and as long as Loeb/Quesada/Wacker/Man of Action are at Marvel Animation, things won't change. Same thing is true over at Cartoon Network and the way it views its DC shows.

Much like how there was a movement in the 90's to make these shows darker and more sophisticated starting with BTAS, now there is a movement in the 2010's to dumb these shows down. That's just the way things will be for a while. EMH and Young Justice were the last of its kind for a while.

I know I sound pessimistic, but I'm far more ok with the idea than I was one or two years ago. This is because many live-action comic book shows are on the rise. We're still having/getting a lot of potentially good shows, they're just not animated.

It kinda makes sense when compared to the times. The 90's was the Golden Era of animated television, and we saw superheroes reflect that through the likes of Batman TAS and everything that followed. The 2010's are the Golden Era of cable television, particularly Netflix-streamed shows, and we are seeing superheroes reflect that through Marvel's Netflix series and everything DC is cooking (Arrow/Flash/Gotham/etc).

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote