The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 07:45 AM   #976
lujho
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Everything but the muscle suit my friend, everything but the muscle suit.
Even though I love the suit, I can see where you're coming from. I wasn't expecting something this anatomical and sculpted looking, I wouldn't have done it like that or even thought to. In fact when I first saw the pic low-res I thought it WAS another suit with a sculpted rubber exterior.

But then I saw up close that it was fabric, and that those muscle fibres were the weave of the fabric and those veins were real wrinkles (and repair stitches?).

Would I be right to say that you'd prefer if the padded suit he's wearing underneath was less anatomical/more abstract? Or just more smoothed out and less defined?

Old 05-22-2014, 07:57 AM   #977
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
He talked about it because he was responding to people who seemed to think it was ALL black, which at first glance it might appear to be in that monochrome shot.
I don't understand why Snyder shot it in monochrome....

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #978
G.Godfrey
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I don't understand why Snyder shot it in monochrome....
To leave people guessing, talking about it. He didn't even have to release anything when he did because as we see, they still haven't filmed any Batman scenes in public. So bless Zack for not making us wait even longer.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:01 AM   #979
lujho
Side-Kick

The poster logo is definitely less rectangular than the suit one. The wings lean in at a steeper angle, and the it's less "fat" VERTICALLY. I definitely woudl prefer if the suit had that logo, there's no reason it wouldn't look good on it.

This is the logo that's on the suit, more or less. The relative positions of all the pointy bits match up to what's on the suit, and are differently place in the other logo.

I woudn't have gone for the "fat tail" either, but I guess they REALLY wanted the S to fit inside it.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:03 AM   #980
matt47
Side-Kick

I think it's just the angle of his stance.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:07 AM   #981
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
To leave people guessing, talking about it. He didn't even have to release anything when he did because as we see, they still haven't filmed any Batman scenes in public. So bless Zack for not making us wait even longer.
Yeah I guess...

There's been an awakening in the Force, have you felt it?
Old 05-22-2014, 08:36 AM   #982
Wayne Bruce
Not Bruce Wayne

If the two bat shapes really are different, I like the poster one better.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:50 AM   #983
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Not sure if this is confirmed? Anyone know? (I think it's fanmade; cosplay--popped up on Facebook)

Old 05-22-2014, 08:53 AM   #984
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Not sure if this is confirmed? Anyone know? (I think it's fanmade; cosplay--popped up on Facebook)

Someone's just done their best approximation of the logo on an existing Arkham chest.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #985
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
I think it's just the angle of his stance.
No, there's a definite difference that can be seen even accounting for the different angle.

If you had a vertical line scanning left to right along the poster logo, it would hit the pointy bits in the following order: outer bottom point, inner bottom point, upper point.

On the suit, no matter what the angle, it goes outer bottom, upper, inner bottom. That's true no matter the perspective, showing there's a definite difference in shape. And apart from that it's just way more rectangular.

Old 05-22-2014, 08:56 AM   #986
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
He talked about it because he was responding to people who seemed to think it was ALL black, which at first glance it might appear to be in that monochrome shot.
Yeah, but when I look at TDKR suit, I clearly see blue and grey. Sure, some panels it looks like it's black and grey, but the same can be said about some panels with the first suit, too.

But anyways, I know how adamant you are about it being black, and I've seen your posts on the other forum, so why don't you ask the guy who supposedly has seen it in a PM or something about what color it is?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

The History of Batman Killing in the Comics
Old 05-22-2014, 09:04 AM   #987
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Yeah, but when I look at TDKR suit, I clearly see blue and grey. Sure, some panels it looks like it's black and grey, but the same can be said about some panels with the first suit, too.

But anyways, I know how adamant you are about it being black, and I've seen your posts on the other forum, so why don't you ask the guy who supposedly has seen it in a PM or something about what color it is?
I've barely weighed in on the black vs blue thing, it was BatScott who was adamant about that, although I agree with him. My point was that the MAIN thing to take away from Smith's comments is that it's grey and *something*, and not all black, because he was specificly responding to the suggestion that it was all black. Whether that *something's* black or navy blue depends on Smith's own interpretation of book 3 of TDKR, which we can't really know. I'm cool either way, although I'd prefer black.

As for that insider guy on the BOTB forums, I asked him a few more questions and he never appeared again. I do believe he said it was black and grey though. Also many months ago Shawn Reeves, who is also an insider of sorts, said the colours were also black and dark grey.

Edit, yeah, this is what he said before the reveal:

"Hmmm....I see it now. 2 batsuits. Both are based entirely on the art of Frank Miller. Regular suit is spandex with 3d printed diagonal line texture. 1 piece rubber cowl. Textured rubber coated cape. Stubby ears, fat chest emblem, and squared fins. Gray and black. "

Last edited by lujho; 05-22-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #988
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
I could care less what Kevin thinks, or what he saw LAST YEAR..

He could have seen a prototype..
He may not even be able to tell the 5-6 changes they've made to the cowl since..
The pic that Kevin saw could have been photo-shopped color wise? And it was on a phone...

Fuel for the fire is fun, but that dude may not be in the loop as much as we think.. Or he would have seen the suit in the last 5 months.. Which he has not..
Still talking about the little pic on the phone he saw 5 months ago..
And I think a lot of things have changed within that time.l
And if Kevin Smith was "really" in the loop?
He would have been to one of the many test fittings with his buddy Ben..
Seen a pic that is more recent than 5 months old..
He said the suit he saw is the one that was released

Old 05-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #989
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:

"Hmmm....I see it now. 2 batsuits. Both are based entirely on the art of Frank Miller. Regular suit is spandex with 3d printed diagonal line texture. 1 piece rubber cowl. Textured rubber coated cape. Stubby ears, fat chest emblem, and squared fins. Gray and black. "
Well, I guess that means Kevin Smith probably thought it was black, then. If that guy said it was grey and black, chances are it's grey and black. It sounded like he has actually seen it. His other posts were pretty much spot on.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:39 AM   #990
ArmsHeldOut
I believe in Batfleck

Quote:
I've barely weighed in on the black vs blue thing, it was BatScott who was adamant about that, although I agree with him. My point was that the MAIN thing to take away from Smith's comments is that it's grey and *something*, and not all black, because he was specificly responding to the suggestion that it was all black. Whether that *something's* black or navy blue depends on Smith's own interpretation of book 3 of TDKR, which we can't really know. I'm cool either way, although I'd prefer black.

As for that insider guy on the BOTB forums, I asked him a few more questions and he never appeared again. I do believe he said it was black and grey though. Also many months ago Shawn Reeves, who is also an insider of sorts, said the colours were also black and dark grey.

Yeah, the BOTB guy hasn't posted anything new since the suit reveal. What's interesting is that when he first commented on it back in March, not a single person on that board responded to him until late April. They're pretty laid-back over there.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:40 AM   #991
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Yeah, the BOTB guy hasn't posted anything new since the suit reveal. What's interesting is that when he first commented on it back in March, not a single person on that board responded to him until late April. They're pretty laid-back over there.
Heh, yeah, everyone is like, "oh, he's seen the new Batsuit? Cool, I'll just continue to talk about my cosplay costume".

Old 05-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #992
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RectusErectus View Post
He said the suit he saw is the one that was released
Oh yes, I know what Kevin said..
But I also have a "hunch" that many things were tweeked since December as well.. That's how these things go..

Heck, they could still apply changes as we speak?
Release a pic..
Get some feedback..
Make slight alterations due to the critiquing.. And there you go..
These guys have a lot of money and time.. And we do not know for sure when they are going to commit this look to film? Could be a few months down the line?
To me? The suit looks like it is grey..
The emblem a darker grey..
The cowl, gauntlets, cape, and cowl... Black..
Snyder released a black and white shot, and many wonder why?
Maybe there is conflict between a couple of people on production?
Deciding whether a dark grey emblem, or a black emblem would be better?
These forums are now acting like a pole for them to read.. Been done before..
We will see..

Old 05-22-2014, 10:57 AM   #993
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
The poster logo is definitely less rectangular than the suit one. The wings lean in at a steeper angle, and the it's less "fat" VERTICALLY. I definitely woudl prefer if the suit had that logo, there's no reason it wouldn't look good on it.

This is the logo that's on the suit, more or less. The relative positions of all the pointy bits match up to what's on the suit, and are differently place in the other logo.

I woudn't have gone for the "fat tail" either, but I guess they REALLY wanted the S to fit inside it.
Personally? I think the emblem on the suit looks a bit in between the two pics here..
Wings slightly wider.. But that is just what I see..
I think that the mock up on the Arkham suit is closest.. In shape anyhow..

Old 05-22-2014, 11:16 AM   #994
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
I could care less what Kevin thinks, or what he saw LAST YEAR..

He could have seen a prototype..
He may not even be able to tell the 5-6 changes they've made to the cowl since..
The pic that Kevin saw could have been photo-shopped color wise? And it was on a phone...

Fuel for the fire is fun, but that dude may not be in the loop as much as we think.. Or he would have seen the suit in the last 5 months.. Which he has not..
Still talking about the little pic on the phone he saw 5 months ago..
And I think a lot of things have changed within that time.l
And if Kevin Smith was "really" in the loop?
He would have been to one of the many test fittings with his buddy Ben..
Seen a pic that is more recent than 5 months old..
What are you talking about bro? Snyder showed him a pic, and he just confirms on a comedy show that the pic he saw is the same one we all saw. Only reason people are talking about that one comment is because he just added the detail of DKR book 3. Nothing more, nothing less.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Old 05-22-2014, 11:37 AM   #995
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Quote:

I think that's the point. It seems a fair approach to the for the movie's marketing icon, since the alternative would be to massively shrink the S to fit it into the Bat,

Love Freedom?
Old 05-22-2014, 11:39 AM   #996
rockandrollsoul
Side-Kick

Quote:
Personally? I think the emblem on the suit looks a bit in between the two pics here..
Wings slightly wider.. But that is just what I see..
I think that the mock up on the Arkham suit is closest.. In shape anyhow..
I am 99% positive that the logo on his chest is exactly the same shape as the official logo and is black.

* Also, I'd like to point out that the color of the bat emblem on the official logo is black on a grey background.

Last edited by rockandrollsoul; 05-22-2014 at 11:41 AM. Reason: further clarification
Old 05-22-2014, 12:09 PM   #997
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
What are you talking about bro? Snyder showed him a pic, and he just confirms on a comedy show that the pic he saw is the same one we all saw. Only reason people are talking about that one comment is because he just added the detail of DKR book 3. Nothing more, nothing less.
I am just simply stating..
I think that the suit has changed a lot ( admit it is a possibility )
and little details could be different.
Even the color since Kevin saw that pic in December, could have been altered..
I think it is funny that the only two pics that he has seen is..
1) a photoshopped pic with a photoshopped background plate taken 6 months ago..
2) the same released pic that you and I have seen.. That does not contain color..

Listen, I am a fan of Kevin.. I just think that when it comes down to the suit?
He may know as mush as us when it comes to the coloration details..

Kevin mentions that we should look at Book 3 of "TDKR".. Yep..
There's the symbol , and the grey suit..

But take the emblem for instance ... Black or Dark Grey?
Bet he doesn't know?
Or he would be talking about seeing a newer pic within the last 4-5 months...
Which they haven't shown to him..

This isn't an anti Kevin smith post..
I just do not think that, when speaking of the details of color and/or contrast, he knows much more than us right now..

I am sure the shades of grey and application of black have altered in the past 5-6 months.. As they always do..
But they never shared this information or a pic with him..

I am purely speaking about colors.. And we seem to be curious about it..
I simply do not think that even Kevin Smith knows for sure.. The emblem.. The belt.. I would put money on it that he hasn't seen a colored photo since those decisions were finalized.
And also remember.. Those same decisions could have been made "AFTER" this pic was taken with Ben standing next o the car..
LONG after the test fitting pic that was taken six months ago, and shown to kevin on a cell phone..
That was all..

Old 05-22-2014, 02:34 PM   #998
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

I like everything about it so far, but wouldn't have minded longer ears to further distance him from Daredevil

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #999
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Yeah good thing they didn't go for the look where batman sometime has claws on his gloves.

He would have totally looked like Catman in that case.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:37 PM   #1000
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread