The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #301
InJustice
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 57

Funny enough, I was worried that the Heat Vision would look too cartoony...then I realized that we had a dinky as **** heat vision when Singer was at the helm. Snyder's Heat Vision felt powerful and exactly like how a comics heat vision would look in the real world.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:30 PM   #302
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yep, the heat vision looked perfect.

The best Kryptonian power fully realised. And thankfully MoS Clark isn't shy to use it regularly.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:45 PM   #303
Marvin
Side-Kick

Praying to the cinematic gods that there is a scene at some point where a Darksied like individual bats the heat vision away like it's nothing. Great for stakes.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #304
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
The best Kryptonian power fully realised. And thankfully MoS Clark isn't shy to use it regularly.
I hope he uses his heat vision even more in the sequel. I loved the way it was handled in MOS.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:47 PM   #305
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Snyder did a better Cyclops than the Fox X-Men films in Man of Steel.

Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Cleveland Cavaliers: 5 - 4
Charlotte Hornets: 4 - 7
Old 05-24-2014, 10:51 PM   #306
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Snyder did a better Cyclops than the Fox X-Men films in Man of Steel.

Hehe.
Mang, Don't get me started on that. They made the leader of the X-Men into a side character.

Anyway, I hope we start seeing spy pics soon. They will have to film outside sooner or later.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:21 PM   #307
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Do you have any word on filming actually taking place since offical production began or are they just doing prep work to start in the coming week?
No, but I'm assuming they're shooting in the studios now since we haven't seen them on location in over a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Mamoa definitely hates you.
Ha! Why's that? I'm still waiting to see if my scoop turns out to be true. (I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't believe there was some truth to it)
http://batman-news.com/2014/04/25/ru...superman-cast/

Old 05-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #308
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Loved the heat vision!! It reminded me of SUPES expelling solar flares/energy from his eyes. Such a cool effect.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:39 PM   #309
Tempest
....What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Yep, the heat vision looked perfect.

I liked that using the heat vision seemed to be uncomfortable, disorienting, or maybe even a little painful. MOS really highlighted the idea that even with his immense powers, there's a certain price Superman has to pay to have them. It adds a nice layer to the difficulties superheroes face.

And you know, the Hurting Hero is a favorite trope of mine. Yay for hero angst and suffering.

Old 05-24-2014, 11:53 PM   #310
zryson
Banned User

The new Man of Steel always seemed a little tired, or dazed after using his heat vision. Which makes me wonder if there is only so much energy his body can store - and that maybe, just maybe the new movie will explore that with Batman and Luthor testing Superman's limits. After all, in a weakened state, he would be easier to be stopped, or at least brought down to a level which makes him more vulnerable to attack.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:00 AM   #311
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I liked that using the heat vision seemed to be uncomfortable, disorienting, or maybe even a little painful. MOS really highlighted the idea that even with his immense powers, there's a certain price Superman has to pay to have them. It adds a nice layer to the difficulties superheroes face.

And you know, the Hurting Hero is a favorite trope of mine. Yay for hero angst and suffering.
I liked that too. It helped this supes seem more physically present or something. It's a reminder that as powerful as he is, he stills feels pain, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
The new Man of Steel always seemed a little tired, or dazed after using his heat vision. Which makes me wonder if there is only so much energy his body can store - and that maybe, just maybe the new movie will explore that with Batman and Luthor testing Superman's limits. After all, in a weakened state, he would be easier to be stopped, or at least brought down to a level which makes him more vulnerable to attack.
It's hard to tell just how powerful this supes is. He may be weaker than some versions or he might just be green. I got the impression that he wasn't really accustomed to using his powers in very extreme ways. I guess that makes sense considering MOS showcased his first "super-fight."

\S/T*
Old 05-25-2014, 12:07 AM   #312
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I will say that the heat vision was superbly designed.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-25-2014, 12:09 AM   #313
JaD
Thriller Night

I enjoyed that the heat bothered his eyes momentarily too. I wonder if there will be any reaction to ice breath as well

Maybe he'll put in an IceBreakers gum after every use, more product placement

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 05-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #314
Marvin
Side-Kick

They should have a super speed scene in the 'quick silver' vain. That would go over either really well or really not well.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:10 AM   #315
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think in terms of presentation that MOS Superman was very well done in terms of balancing out the need for it to come across as happening in a reality that mimicked the real world while still maintaining Superman's Titan amongst mortals mystique. As of now, Cav-el's Supes is not capable of feats in the way the clearly Silver Age inspired Reeve Superman or Routh's. Those versions were clearly TOTALLY breaking any and all physical laws. For a viewer of a certain age it probably doesn't matter. For myself, I enjoyed the patina of physics in MOS.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:13 AM   #316
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
I enjoyed that the heat bothered his eyes momentarily too. I wonder if there will be any reaction to ice breath as well

Maybe he'll put in an IceBreakers gum after every use, more product placement
It's like people forgot that the old Superman movies were loaded with product placement

- Superman throws Zod smashing into a Coco-Cola neon sign
- Superman 2 lands onto a Marlboro cigarette truck
smallville stride gum
man of steel seven eleven..

Old 05-25-2014, 12:16 AM   #317
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Superhero films are loaded with product placement, whether it was the obnoxious McDonald's arches in the Batman film, Mountain Dew in DOFP, Dr. Pepper in the MCU, and so on, and on, and on, and on. Saying one film has it worse than others is purely arbitrary, as I could point to other films I see as overloaded. MoS had a legion of problems, but product placement is not one of them.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Old 05-25-2014, 12:18 AM   #318
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Why did I not hear a peep about product placement in TDK? It has a close up of Fox's NOKIA phone that has about the same amount of screen time as Jenny's NOKIA phone in MOS, yet not a word to be spoken. There is clearly a SAK'S FIFTH AVENUE signage in TDKR... Again, nobody says a word. I'm sure there's more, but we never hear about it. Strange.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #319
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

MoS is a polarizing film...those who despise it will inflate the obscurest "flaws" into major problems.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2014, 12:20 AM   #320
Boom
I got nothin'

Comic Con seems so far away. Three days of pure bliss, where everyone is swept away in the excitement of things to come.

Until the following Monday when the *****ing continues.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:21 AM   #321
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Comic Con seems so far away. Three days of pure bliss, where everyone is swept away in the excitement of things to come.

It is a neverending cycle.

Quote:
Old 05-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #322
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
It is a neverending cycle.
What do Luck Dragons have to do with....

Oh... Never Ending CYCLE! Sorry. Carry on.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:23 AM   #323
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

SDCC is four days, isn't it?

H.E.(R?)
Old 05-25-2014, 12:30 AM   #324
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Freeze breath is the one power I could do without. It makes the least sense.

Old 05-25-2014, 12:32 AM   #325
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Pray tell, how does heat vision make sense?

Quote:
Closed Thread