The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Old 05-24-2014, 11:43 AM   #1
Supperhero
Side-Kick

Default Avengers Vs. X-Men

Would you love a giant crossover like this?

I would pick an X-Men team consisting of:

Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm, Colossus, Shadowcat, Blink, Beast, Iceman.

Would do you think about it?

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 PM   #2
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men

Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Quicksilver

vs

Professor X
Wolverine
Cyclops
Colossus
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Storm

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
Mask&Cape
Side-Kick

In regards to the Avengers movie franchise, I wouldn't want a crossover

In the comics, I have never understood the concept of X-Men existing in the same world as the Avengers and other non-mutant heroes

By this I mean, mutants are outcasts, feared and hated because they are different to regular humans and hunted by authorities.

Yet, people celebrate the Fantastic 4 (true they developed powers a different way) and other heroes

Is Spider-Man hunted with such distrust?

Why don't the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. speck out in their support?

Or do they?

Mask&Cape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Iron Man
Captain America
Thor
Hulk
Black Widow
Scarlet Witch
Hawkeye
Quicksilver

vs

Professor X
Wolverine
Cyclops
Colossus
Jean Grey
Nightcrawler
Rogue
Storm
Good, but you have to have Magneto. That would be the defining scene against Iron Man.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #5
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

No.

I have all three of the Avengers v. X-Men crossover events and they are all bad in the SyFy Original kinda way. Even in the most recent iteration, everybody acted way out of character: Cap beat up teenage mutants, Cyclops became okay with genocide, as long as it did not happen to mutants, and the list of character deviations goes on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mask&Cape View Post
In regards to the Avengers movie franchise, I wouldn't want a crossover

In the comics, I have never understood the concept of X-Men existing in the same world as the Avengers and other non-mutant heroes

By this I mean, mutants are outcasts, feared and hated because they are different to regular humans and hunted by authorities.

Yet, people celebrate the Fantastic 4 (true they developed powers a different way) and other heroes

Is Spider-Man hunted with such distrust?

Why don't the Avengers or S.H.I.E.L.D. speck out in their support?

Or do they?
Spider-Man did register with SHIELD. In comparison to the mutants, Spider-Man never leveled a building with his powers...nor could he, if he tried.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 PM   #6
BAMF!
Newbie First Class

in theory it would be cool (if fox and marvel would ever actually let this happen)
but i would imagine it would be very difficult to make a movie with that many heroes
without it feeling very overcrowded. joss did a great job with the avengers
but even with just the avengers and an almost 2.5 hour run time, characters
like thor and hawkeye didn't really get much to do. it's hard to imagine adding
a whole other team of superheroes.

BAMF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #7
BAMF!
Newbie First Class

also agree with jonathancrane, i read the most recent avengers vs x-men crossover and it was terrible. particularly because i've always been a big cyclops fan

BAMF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #8
seishin87
Side-Kick

Here's some interesting feedback on this idea. Several months ago, right around the time Thor:TDW was released on DVD and Blu ray, I decided to get the stand alone DVD of the first Thor film since I only had the 3D Blu-ray combo that had the bare-bare bones DVD. Only place in my area that actually had a copy of the Thor DVD in stock was Toys R Us. So at the checkout the cashier asks me if I saw the new Thor film and what I thought, I said it was all right, I enjoyed it but I was really looking forward to the new Captain America Winter Soldier movie, they replied that it looked cool but what he was really waiting for the most is the Avengers/X-men team up. Now that there is something. The cashier form my perspective was the very definition of the GA, general audience. I replied that's a cool idea, maybe something like "Secret Wars" or "Onslaught" but he wasn't really familiar with the actual comic book arcs. What that shows to me is that there is a demand among the general audience(non comic fans) for an X-men/Avengers team-up crossover flick.

My opinion, if Marvel/Disney/Fox/Sony were to work things out and pull off a crossover epic, I can almost guarantee if it's well made, it'll gross something like $2.7 billion WW easy. It would be one for the record books. Mark my words if they ever pull this off we're looking at a gross north of $2 billion WW. This is something if all parties were to set aside egos and actually work together and work out all the rights and who gets what and what not, they could pull off something extra special in cinema history. They could use some comic booky style plot devices to explain a possible crossover. "Secret Wars" and the Beyonder should be used as a possible template, the Avenger's MCU and the Fox's X-men-verse would be 2 totally separate alternate worlds/universe/dimension and the Beyonder or some similar entity could exist is a place beyond time/space, a nexus of all realities and it puts a pause on the two worlds and spirits away groups of the top heroes and villains from both worlds to compete in contest that if lost would have catastrophic consequences for both or all worlds but if won things would return as if nothing had happened, not unlike the SW arc from the comics.

That's one possible way and if they ever did pull something like that off once then maybe I could see them using something like "Heroes Reborn" or "House of M" as possible "sequel crossovers". The whole multiple worlds/realities, they could get really creative with that. For the most part it shouldn't effect the overall continuities for the separate universes and essentially be more of a "What If" novelty kinda thing. I know it's probably very unlikely but it's fun to speculate. Even if they were to get this together I would say maybe not until something like phase 4 or 5 of the MCU or when the first phase cast decide to start moving on. A lot of people I know first became Marvel fans not from the comics or movies, or even just the animated shows on Fox, but the video games Marvel/X-men vs. Street Fighter/Capcom. That was a big, big deal for a lot of people I know from way back in the day. If or when they make a crossover epic, people will show up.

Honestly I'm all right with Fox having X-Men, DoFP was pretty good although I still don't like how they cut their films for theatrical release and all the multiple Blu-ray exclusive cuts etc. I guess I'm all right with the X-Men being their own separate world/universe from the greater Avenger's MCU and web/TV series. Spidey I could see a case being made to find someway to get him in the MCU at some point, although I'm 50/50 on how Sony's been handling things. Thinking back now I would say ASM-2 was just okay since some time has passed and I've really had a chance to process that film. Hopefully things get better for ASM-3.

seishin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #9
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

I really hope this never happens.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote