The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 04-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #101
Spooderman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Who is to blame for Spider-Man 3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Spectacular Spider-Man by far.
To be fair, Eddie in SM3 was a petty dick, so a worse motivation would push him to the dark side easier than Eddie in SSM.

I think SSM's motivation was the best, even when compared to TAS.

Spooderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:57 PM   #102
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

My favorite version of Venom though is the 90s animated series. That three part story arc was told so perfectly.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #103
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Squarely at the feet of Arad, douchebag prick...

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:01 PM   #104
HarryOsborn
Side-Kick

Usually the answer would be Raimi, as the director is ultimately the one calling the shots behind the camera, but in this case it's Avi Arad. He's greedy and focused only on short term profits. Yes he's on the message boards to see what the fans are saying, not because he warns to give us what we want, but because he wants to see what we will spend our money on. This last effort with amazing 2 was proof of that alone. I think he needs to be fired. There are other people who make poor decisions like Michael Bay, and sometimes Shueler-Donnor, but Arad is so self righteous and arrogant that I honestly dislike him as a human being.

HarryOsborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #105
OriginalMiles
#DaneTrain4eva

For me... it was whoever decided that Tobey would dance and whoever decided to cast Topher Grace.

If I ever get big enough to have one movie made about me, I'd be done by then. That would also mean they figured out who I was.
~*SHH SIX*~
H.E.
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #106
HarryOsborn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMiles View Post
For me... it was whoever decided that Tobey would dance and whoever decided to cast Topher Grace.
Topher was good casting for what they were doing with venom. He was an anti-spider-man, like Nega-Scott from Scott Pilgrim.

HarryOsborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 02:49 PM   #107
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Sure he's to blame for Venom but what about the execution of the character or the other problems?

Studios ask all sorts to be included. Marvel wanted Joss to include Black Widow and he made that work?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #108
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Sure he's to blame for Venom but what about the execution of the character or the other problems?

Studios ask all sorts to be included. Marvel wanted Joss to include Black Widow and he made that work?
I do think in SM3, Raimi tried to make a version of Venom that fit his movie. This is why we got Topher as Venom. He wanted not just evil Spider-Man, but evil Peter Parker. The problem is, he had other things he wanted to do with the movie, and everything felt rushed and underdeveloped. I think Sony is to blame for putting Venom in the movie, and Raimi is to blame for trying to please everyone (including himself) and ultimately, no one was pleased.

Joss including Widow isn't exactly the same thing because Widow was already in other films and fit into the story organically already. Joss didn't have to change much to accomodate.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #109
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post

There was more room for screen time for Black Widow. Not to mention she had already been introduced in Iron Man 2.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:02 PM   #110
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

I'd still blame Raimi and the writers more than Arad. I believe Arad asked or suggested to Sam(not threatened as some would say)to include Venom. Most everyone wanted to see him and he(along with the symbiote storyline) really did fit better with the story of revenge and forgiveness than Vulture ever could.
Again,it wasn't Arad who made Tobey dance,made him all "emo," as most say,didn't conclude Harry's storyline in a correct way,made Sandman Ben's killer,had MJ get kidnapped for the 3rd film in a row....and made all the other problems that alot of people give to the film.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Venom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:35 PM   #111
Rorschach2012
$

There was way too much dancing in SM3. Get rid of all the dancing scenes and SM3 is as good as better than/TASM imo

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 AM   #112
Victarion
Cut

I hated the dancing too, really I did. You might be forgetting how vicious symbiote Spidey was in his subway battle with Sandman, his battle with Harry, and hitting Mary Jane. The darkside was there. It just that, I think, Sam wanted the symbiote-influenced Peter to be more a cocky *******. That is a pretty anti-version of Sam's timid and mild-mannered Peter Parker. It might not be everyone's favorite sort of evil Peter, but it is in line with Raimi's character.

“Evil is nothing but a word, an objectification where no objectification is necessary. Cast aside this notion of some external agency as the source of inconceivable inhumanity – the sad truth is our possession of an innate proclivity towards indifference, towards deliberate denial of mercy, towards disengaging all that is moral within us. But if that is too dire, let’s call it evil. And paint it with fire and venom.”
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote