Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #901
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Scarlet Witch Thread - Part 1

Old 05-09-2014, 12:48 PM   #902
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Lets welcome The Maximoff Twins to the MCU family! Also cant wait to see GOZEEEEERAAA! May 16th I think.

Old 05-12-2014, 05:39 AM   #903
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

Liz Olsen is just cute as hell...

Old 05-12-2014, 06:43 AM   #904
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post

Olsen looks very pretty. I love her smile in the last pic.

What are they doing there with a ventriloquist dummy?

Old 05-14-2014, 07:25 PM   #905
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

http://http://www.**************.com...news/?a=100042

"My character is incredible and absolutely out of her mind," said Elizabeth Olsen of her Avengers: Age of Ultron role as Wanda Maximoff aka the Scarlet Witch, during a Cover Media interview. "[She's] incredibly passionate and thinks she’s in control more than she actually is. She’s stubborn and an epic woman who has not been created by a human yet. So it’s really fun to be a part of that and try and honour fans." When asked if she had to workout and wear an "unforgiving" outfit for Joss Whedon's 2015 sequel, Olsen responded: "I always like working out. I guess I grew up being an athlete. I am not obsessive with anything really, but I am a witch, so I get to use energy fields. But that’s it. (laughs)" In a seperate interview with Moviefone, Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson commented that they're not quite used to the fast pace that comes with production on Avengers: Age of Ultron ("It's like, 'Wait, we shot the whole scene?' Because they put four cameras on us at once and it's quick, quick, quick... It's like, 'I thought I maybe had a few other ways of doing that.' And they're like, 'Nope, done,'" said Johnson) . However, Olsen admits it's been quite fun shooting the Marvel sequel. "I'm laughing all the time," she said. "The crazy thing is that it's like, 'I'm throwing ***** with my hands, that's cuckoo!' But it's also like, 'We're saving lives. And it's very serious.' There's always that reminder that it's very serious." Further during the interview, the Godzilla stars were asked would they be in full costume by the end of Avengers: Age of Ultron, like in most superhero movies. "Well, we're not part of the team, so it's not the same thing..." teased Elizabeth Olsen. Both actors kept mum when asked if they would eventually become Avengers, but we can guess the answer to that.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #906
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

New images:

Pietro carries Wanda.

Old 05-14-2014, 08:10 PM   #907
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Wow! Those are awesome! The live action pic reminds me of something youd see in the comics. Hawkeye, SW and QS together in the middle of destruction.

Last edited by TheVision; 05-14-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #908
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

http://wbmstr.deviantart.com/art/Won...itch-454663907

Old 05-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #909
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I know he's not "British" per se but I can definitely tell when for Michael Fassbender in X-Men sometimes. Not terrible but not great.

Also have you heard James Marsters as Spike? You lie if you say that Americans can't do a good English accent.
Ha, so true. A few years after Buffy last aired, and I found out that Marsters was actually American, not only was I shocked, I was also a bit disappointed.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:46 AM   #910
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

What's funnier is that when marsters used his natural American accent people would complain it sounded fake.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-19-2014, 08:42 AM   #911
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
What's funnier is that when marsters used his natural American accent people would complain it sounded fake.
That's like Alexis Denisof who also sounds fake when he uses his natural American accent.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:32 AM   #912
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

She may have not made it into the Days of Futures Past movie, but Scarlet Witch has made it into the game:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/05/20...iler-released/

Old 05-23-2014, 01:25 PM   #913
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Wanda figures prominently in this poster.

Old 05-26-2014, 08:29 PM   #914
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

[URL="http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/avengers-2-scarlet-witch-reveals-sequel-will-be-darker-24944"]http://www.ecumenicalnews.com/article/avengers-2-scarlet-witch-reveals-sequel-will-be-darker-24944[/URL

Elizabeth Olsen, the actress who will play Wanda in Avengers: Age of Ultron, revealed that the sequel will be much darker compared to the first one.

"I'm a huge fan of the first and hopefully it can provide the same excitement, but add a little bit more darkness. It is a little harder than the first one," says Olsen, as reported by The Belfast Telegraph. Olsen further revealed that she is having lots of fun on the set.

"It's so much fun. I'm like smiling every day, going to bed. It's such a great time," added the actress.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:24 AM   #915
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
That's like Alexis Denisof who also sounds fake when he uses his natural American accent.
Really it's all those Buffy actors, Giles is American IRL too, right?
I really thought all 3 of them were British
Joss is thorough with his accents, apparently

and to whomever said Brits do good American accents, I also have to call bollocks on that one as well, ask a southerner what they think of Rick's accent on Walking Dead. I hear dodgy American all the time on tv.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:14 PM   #916
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

The only two accents we have in America that you really need to be a passable actor is the east coast NY/Jersey one and a southern one. Two extremes that Hollywood love.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:29 PM   #917
BoredGuy
Killing Time

it's true, but it's also how I imagine other countries feel when we don't take dialect into account.
There's like at least a dozen different Southern accents, then midwestern, upper midwestern(almost canadian), southern and northern New Englander, Californian, and I could go on.
So when I see a middle stater portrayed by a Brit with a New Yawwkk accent, it's definitely pretty grating, and hilarious

but anyways, eastern european?? screw it, nobody will care if it's a little off
and I'm sure Olsen and ATJ will pull it off fine

Old 05-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #918
Narosian
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Really it's all those Buffy actors, Giles is American IRL too, right?
I really thought all 3 of them were British
Joss is thorough with his accents, apparently

and to whomever said Brits do good American accents, I also have to call bollocks on that one as well, ask a southerner what they think of Rick's accent on Walking Dead. I hear dodgy American all the time on tv.
That actor that Played Giles (Anthony Stewart Head) actually is british.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:23 PM   #919
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
it's true, but it's also how I imagine other countries feel when we don't take dialect into account.
There's like at least a dozen different Southern accents, then midwestern, upper midwestern(almost canadian), southern and northern New Englander, Californian, and I could go on.
So when I see a middle stater portrayed by a Brit with a New Yawwkk accent, it's definitely pretty grating, and hilarious

but anyways, eastern european?? screw it, nobody will care if it's a little off
and I'm sure Olsen and ATJ will pull it off fine
As a New Yorker it can be grating and hilarious to hear most so called Noo Yaaawk accents in media. NY is definitely not NJ and NYC isn't the same as Upstate NY or even Long Island. Within the city not only does each borough have it's own accent but neighborhood accents differ. And a big difference among all is usually education and and yes class. This is true of most neighborhoods, states, areas or countries. Then there are those people who gasp move between states, countries and classes who have melded accents.

Even the generic Newscaster accent can tilt more toward East or West coast than the old Midwest standard.

It's usual and understanable for people to be more attuned to the differences in accents and dialects of their own area and far less perceptive of the differences for those no their own.

I think actors tend to have an ear and tongue for accents or they don't. Some are naturals and others never get it completely right no matter how hard they practice. And it's not dependent on how good they are at actually acting which in the end is more important than being a good mimic.

Old 05-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #920
BoredGuy
Killing Time

totally
I remember seeing some panel interview with Hiddleston after TDW came out, and Zack Levy was the host, when someone brought up the accents, he mentioned that Levy didn't need any coaching to sound completely accurate.
Then I went back and watched an episode of Chuck where he puts on the cockney and was like, "damn, he really is good at accents"

Old 05-28-2014, 12:27 AM   #921
Hulk-1700
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvengerPA View Post
New images:

Gotta say I love Quicksilver's look a hell of a lot more here than in DOFP (and no, I don't mean that to be a d**k towards the latter or anything).

As for Ms. Olsen, I've become obsessed (not literally) with her since I found out about her. She's very beautiful, to say the least. Outside of Godzilla I haven't seen her in much but I suspect she'll do good here.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:26 AM   #922
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Who can we get to voice-coach Olsen and ATJ to do a proper Eastern European accent? Can Sean Connery possibly be available? The gold standard for accents has been and remains Connery's Russian general in The Hunt For Red October.

Old 06-01-2014, 08:39 PM   #923
AvengerPA
Side-Kick

Old 06-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #924
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Loved the Scarlet Witch since I was a kid. Can't wait for this movie! I also dig Quicksilver but not sure how Whedon can top the DOFP Quicksilver. He was awesome. Expecting greatness!

Old 06-03-2014, 12:27 AM   #925
Hulk-1700
Beast

The more I think about this particular casting choice the more I get excited for the simple fact that it'll give us all more of a chance to see what Lizzie is capable of. I'd like for her to make a lasting impression that sticks out considerably.

Closed Thread