The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 04-04-2014, 04:46 PM   #126
Ant-manic
Banned User

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

next thorsday.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:21 PM   #127
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Default Re: Ultron! We Would Have Words With Thee! Official Thor/Chris Hemworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I actually hope that Ultron is most afraid of Thor. The power of Asgard should by all rights be well outside his purview.
I wouldn't say Ultron should be afraid of him in a direct sense, but it would be good if he recognized him as the biggest threat. I liked in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, when Ultron had his synthezoids fight him, the strategy was to keep his hammer away from him and focus all their energy on grinding Thor into the ground. Thor is the team's most powerful member and the villains should act in a way to counter that.

Dr. Thanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 01:36 AM   #128
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyteller View Post
I think Thor has chose to stay on earth. He's not going back and forth. He's no longer leading Asgards army. He essentially renounced his Throne. So Loki is free to do whatever because Thor aint around or in contact.

So Ultron on the loose is a big deal.

I honestly don't see how he would have a worse time connecting to the threat then Hawkeye, Cap, Hulk , and everyone else not involved in his creation. The comics seem to get by. Ultron causes trouble. Thor comes in. Ultron kicks Thors ass. Thor now has words for Ultron.

He doesn't need to be Ultrons cousin. Bad people doing bad things is more then enough.

If they play with the fact that Ultron is constantly upgrading, then the trick here is that the foe keeps adapting.
It would be nice to have him living with the Don Blake alias in London with Jane when we're introduced to him in this film. Although I don't know how he'd be able to maintain a secret identity with his face being plastered all over the world news.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #129
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

The more I think about it the more I feel Ultron will find a way to make things personal for Thor lol

MahvelBaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:08 AM   #130
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I wonder if Thor will wear his helmet this time in battle, obviously he'll get an slight upgraded look.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #131
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Think Hemsworth said he didn't like wearing it, so probably not...

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #132
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

From what I read, it kept falling off whilst filming fight scenes and hitting the bridge of his nose, which I imagine got really painful and annoying considering it must have been really heavy.

I think Branagh also said it didn't work, it doesn't bother me anymore, I more care that we have yet to see Thor's full power set. It's mostly just Hammer hitting and Lightning strikes.

Ghostcrow13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:49 AM   #133
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

That's pretty much what Thor does no?

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #134
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Yeah well that is the basic idea, but he has a lot of powers, and I understand why some aren't used cos it would make the rest of the Avengers redundant, personally I would love to see him moving/fighting at super speeds.

He should definitely be the one that lasts the longest against Ultron, presuming they go the way of Ultron beating them the first time they meet and then the Avengers have to regroup.

Personally I would have Thor finish Ultron with a reduced godblast, but I reckon Stark or the Hulk will be the ones to finish him.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:41 PM   #135
RickCoronel
Side-Kick

I don't know, I think it's going to be a combination of Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver and Vision.

RickCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:45 PM   #136
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I literally keep forgetting Vision is gonna be in this, yeah I think he will definitely play a major part. I mean don't get me wrong they will all contribute to Ultrons downfall but I feel IM and Hulk are the two favorites and usually the favorites finish the job.

Old 05-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #137
The_Manhunter
Side-Kick

Am I the only one that prefers MCU Thor without his helmet?

Can't judge on the comics, I haven't read like any Thor stories - now that I think of it, that would be nice to do this summer

1. The Dark Knight 2. Man of Steel 3. Guardians of the Galaxy 4. The Avengers 5. The Dark Knight Rises 6. Thor: The Dark World 7. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 8. Batman Begins 9. Thor 10. Iron Man
The_Manhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:05 PM   #138
Ultra Ham
Side-Kick

I assumed that Thor's helmet had to do with him becoming king, seeing as that never happened and probably won't for a while I would assume he'd remain without it.

Ultra Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #139
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post

Can't judge on the comics, I haven't read like any Thor stories - now that I think of it, that would be nice to do this summer
No, I think it works better without the helmet. He looks good without it, there's no problems with keeping it in place for action scenes and you always look more buff if you don't increase your head size with a helmet.

As for comics, Marvel Now made it easy to jump onto a new comic and Thor: God of Thunder is having an amazing run. I recommend starting with the first issue if you want to read some Thor. I love the first double arc.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #140
Caboose
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Yeah well that is the basic idea, but he has a lot of powers, and I understand why some aren't used cos it would make the rest of the Avengers redundant, personally I would love to see him moving/fighting at super speeds.

He should definitely be the one that lasts the longest against Ultron, presuming they go the way of Ultron beating them the first time they meet and then the Avengers have to regroup.

Personally I would have Thor finish Ultron with a reduced godblast, but I reckon Stark or the Hulk will be the ones to finish him.
No, every Avenger is going to combine their powers to give to Goku for the Spirit Bomb, duh.

Caboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:43 PM   #141
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Manhunter View Post

No, you're not. I don't miss the helmet in the MCU. It's nice to see it for ceremonial reasons, but it's not a 'must' for me.

IRON MAN III - THOR: THE DARK WORLD - CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER - GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #142
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I don't mind the helmet, but I think the demands for it are overblown. He looks fine without a helmet.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #143
BoredGuy
Killing Time

He does look fine without it
Especially for battle scenes I can see why it's impractical
If anything, I'd just like his grand entrance to feature him with the helmet, if possible

if they can make Loki's look awesome and badass, they must be able to figure out something for Thor.

but again, it's definitely no dealbreaker to not see it again, just love that helmet...

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:06 AM   #144
E.Brock
In shape for the kill

Pleased to see that hemsworth is bigger than he's ever been as thor for age of ultron

Old 05-23-2014, 05:14 AM   #145
seahammer
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Brock View Post
Pleased to see that hemsworth is bigger than he's ever been as thor for age of ultron
Cool. Is there a new pic of him on set? The only pictures I've seen of him recently were: 1.) the avengers cast at dinner, 2.) a pic his wife took walking their kids or something, and 3.) the twitter pic with RDJ.

....aaaaand i sound like a freakin stalker.

Read my Thor 3 plot pitch

Read my Tales of Asgard mini-series pitch
seahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #146
BoredGuy
Killing Time

^lmao, little bit

BoredGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #147
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Brock View Post
Pic?

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #148
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Aside from the very forced "I'm going to Midgard" at the end of TDW, I just don't see how he fits into this battle. I was under the impression that post-TDW he'd be just bifrosting around, keeping the realms in order - he is after all meant to be leading the Asgardian army, but just based out of Midgard.

I just don't get what his stake in this battle is, aside from bad guys = bad
It wasn't forced at all, it was set up at the very start with Thor pining for Jane and Hogun staying behind to be with the people he cared about.

You may not like it but it wasn't forced.

Old 05-29-2014, 07:02 PM   #149
iambranded
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by divan View Post
While Man of Steel isn't my cup of tea, they truly nailed the 'destruction' such a powerful being should cause. Thor actually looks weak in comparision, I would like for them to power him up.
I think Man of Steel had way too much destruction......
Overall....doesn't matter if Thor has a helmet or not....kinda didnt make sense in the cartoons or comics it would hardly ever fall off....
But the comics classic lines Ultron...."We would have words with thee" line....needs to happen at the right time....

iambranded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 02:20 AM   #150
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04nbod View Post
It wasn't forced at all, it was set up at the very start with Thor pining for Jane and Hogun staying behind to be with the people he cared about.

You may not like it but it wasn't forced.
His own people-he is a vanir, so it`s only natural to stay with your people(and family as it stated in the children's book) to help them rebuild and restore after the war. So...not even close. It`s like if no matter what happened on Vanaheim and with his family Hogun would run away to Asgard because he have a girl there who he desperate to bang. Very mature.

Moonwing is offline   Reply With Quote