This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:34 AM   #3
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
I think its the makeup issue with JLaw more than anything. To be fair to her at least she put in a performance on DOFP no matter if she loves it or not. Apocalypse will be her last though, I dont see her doing any Mystique solo films or anything like that.
I have always called BS on those Mystique spin off talk.

Old 06-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Jennifer Lawrence was working on the hunger games when everyone else was promoting the film. Don't think any of the other cast were working anything else at that moment.

Onslaught- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #5
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - Part 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I don't think JLaw is thrilled about having to put on blue paint for an extensive amount of time either.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Loki882
Side-Kick

Actually, it was because she was allergic to the paint in FC. There seem to be quite a few psychics on this boards, since they seem to know what's going on in Jennifer's head.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

She knew what she was getting into when she audiced for mystique In first place.

You would have to be blind not to see a bit of unexcitement for franchise on her part.
Now if come 2016 she goes all out to promate APocalypse then some of us were wrong.
But,i saw cast act more excited for last stand than I seen Jennifer act for X-Men.

Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #8
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Whenever I see a post like this...I wonder if the writer is sitting at home expecting applause to spontaneously break out across the cosmos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Actually, it was because she was allergic to the paint in FC. There seem to be quite a few psychics on this boards, since they seem to know what's going on in Jennifer's head.
Welcome to the internet...home of the Psychic Network........

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Just calling it how it looks and sounds from interviews and such, might be wrong and we might get a JLaw Mystique trilogy announced tomorrow but from the "limited" knowledge I have of women I know when they're not happy even when they say they are, believe me you dont need to be psychic to learn that lesson the hard way

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:26 PM   #10
Blackout
X-Man

Or maybe she's exhausted from working too much xD you never know

Blackout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:34 PM   #11
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

how can anyone fault jennifer? kinberg has said he knows she loves the character of mystique and in general when you look at how much she put into the character in DOFP its really impressive

she is one of the biggest actresses in hollywood right now, unlike alot of actors who are great but end up appearing in flops or badly received films she has several recent well received movies under her belt including DOFP so yeah i can only imagine she is a busy girl

Old 06-01-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
BlackFox
Almost ninja

I dont think anyones faulting her, just some dont believe she will do more films after Apocalypse, might be wrong, might be right but either way its not a slight on our Jen.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:13 PM   #13
Supperhero
Side-Kick

500 millions of dollars worldwide! VICTORY. A serious superhero drama movie. Enough with silly kids superhero comedies like Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:19 PM   #14
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

I liked Raimi's SM2 though. And IM3 a little too. It's good that some films are more light or adventurous. Some movies actually suffer from trying to be too damn dark or serious. Won't name them though, don't want to start a war.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #15
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I clearly didn't like that film from the house of mouse.

As for spider-man 2 and ASM2 lighter works for spider-man.Spider-man 2 Is good movie.there are good things about ASM2 just not about any of the villains.
And i still like ASM2 better than last stand or origins.ASM2 is batman forever of Spider-man films.I just hope 3 marc webb doesn't make the batman & Robin of
Spider-man movies.

After DOFP noone will be saying Bryan Singer can't direct a good movie anymore.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:32 PM   #16
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperhero View Post
500 millions of dollars worldwide! VICTORY. A serious superhero drama movie. Enough with silly kids superhero comedies like Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Yes. What a victory for The Winter Soldier.

X-men has followed as well.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #17
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Kinda like how I saw a Venom toy at TRU tonight,it looked cheaply made and poorly designed, like Venom's motivation. :o
LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #18
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperhero View Post
You said Spider-Man twice...

Do you mean Webb and Raimi's films? If so I wouldn't say Raimi's was a silly kids superhero comedy like how Webbs was.

Even so, Spider-Man films are suppose to be like comedies because Spidey is funny. He's not a serious superhero.

Quote:
Kinda like how I saw a Venom toy at TRU tonight,it looked cheaply made and poorly designed, like Venom's motivation. :o
Old 06-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #19
Malik
Side-Kick

Think he meant asm2.

Old 06-01-2014, 01:49 PM   #20
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

He said both Spider-Man 2 and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2014, 02:22 PM   #21
VM1138
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind if Lawrence doesn't return. Honestly, I like her as an actress, she's phenomenal, but the character of Mystique is pretty played out I think. I don't want to say there's nowhere else for the character to go, because in the comics there's TONS of stories for Mystique, but there's nowhere I care to see the character go on film.

There are so many mutants, and I'm really surprised Mystique has now been a major, major character in two X-Men films. Especially when characters like Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Rogue, and Iceman get so little storytime, I'd rather them be given meatier stories now.

I really wish they would set Apocalypse in the future. For one, they're in danger of boxing themselves in with the ending of DOFP, which will lead to more continuity errors in the future. We know all of those X-Men will be alive in 2023, which takes the urgency out of any stories that take place between 1973 and then.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #22
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VM1138 View Post
I wouldn't mind if Lawrence doesn't return. Honestly, I like her as an actress, she's phenomenal, but the character of Mystique is pretty played out I think. I don't want to say there's nowhere else for the character to go, because in the comics there's TONS of stories for Mystique, but there's nowhere I care to see the character go on film.

There are so many mutants, and I'm really surprised Mystique has now been a major, major character in two X-Men films. Especially when characters like Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Rogue, and Iceman get so little storytime, I'd rather them be given meatier stories now.

I really wish they would set Apocalypse in the future. For one, they're in danger of boxing themselves in with the ending of DOFP, which will lead to more continuity errors in the future. We know all of those X-Men will be alive in 2023, which takes the urgency out of any stories that take place between 1973 and then.
There was no urgency anyway because we knew what characters were alive and dead at the end of X3.. This makes no sense.

This idea that "characters COULD die" is needed to provide urgency is silly. It's the reason X3 is so ridiculous. "If we kill these characters it RAISES THE STAKES!!!"

Look how many people have died in the MCU since the beginning of the franchise. And 99% of them have miraculously come back to life. I know that Disney/Marvel has no desire to kill any character. Doesn't make the films less interesting or exciting? No. Same with the comics, basically.

Last edited by JP; 06-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #23
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Whenever I see a post like this...I wonder if the writer is sitting at home expecting applause to spontaneously break out across the cosmos.

Oh come on. You know they can't put anything on the internet that isn't true.

Old 06-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #24
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Doesn't Apocalypse sort of exist outside of time anyway? Hasn't he time traveled quite a bit? If that's the case he could technically pop up whenever and start ****.

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #25
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Doesn't Apocalypse sort of exist outside of time anyway? Hasn't he time traveled quite a bit? If that's the case he could technically pop up whenever and start ****.
No.Your thinking of X-Men animated show.

Apocalypse goes into suspended animation for long peroids.

Cable's arrival in 20th century ended ironicly awaking Apocalypse In 20th century.

In comic Age of apocalypse setup legion,xavier's son,time traveling ot past to kill Magneto ended up leading to Apocalypse acting much sooner.

The world becoming aware of mutants much earlier In DOFP and magneto's attack on white house will likely play a role In APocalypse's actions In 1980's.