The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #26
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion - - Part 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarsingerguy View Post
Doesn't Apocalypse sort of exist outside of time anyway? Hasn't he time traveled quite a bit? If that's the case he could technically pop up whenever and start ****.
Yeah I have to say I dont go along with this "We know everything in 2023 will be fine" line either.

Time travel has been established now so throw Apocalypse and Cable into the pot and anything is possible.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #27
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
No.Your thinking of X-Men animated show.

Apocalypse goes into suspended animation for long peroids.

Cable's arrival in 20th century ended ironicly awaking Apocalypse In 20th century.

In comic Age of apocalypse setup legion,xavier's son,time traveling ot past to kill Magneto ended up leading to Apocalypse acting much sooner.

The world becoming aware of mutants much earlier In DOFP and magneto's attack on white house will likely play a role In APocalypse's actions In 1980's.
Thank for clearing that up.

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #28
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supperhero View Post
500 millions of dollars worldwide! VICTORY. A serious superhero drama movie. Enough with silly kids superhero comedies like Iron Man 3, Spider-Man 2 or Amazing Spider-Man 2.
Raimi's "Spider-Man 2" is still one of the best cbms ever.

Old 06-01-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
Yeah I have to say I dont go along with this "We know everything in 2023 will be fine" line either.

Time travel has been established now so throw Apocalypse and Cable into the pot and anything is possible.
all we know from ending is the school Is up and running In 2023.we don't know
how the world is for mutants.In comics things can be bad for mutants yet mutants at mansion can laugh and play.

Besides who knows what happened between 1973 and 2023.

Old 06-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #30
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post

I think it would have been great, had the Movie ended similar to the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon. Charles woke up in a future where Sentinels ruled, and when he changed that future, he found himself in the Age of Apocalypse. So Wolverine would have managed to prevent one war, but he would have woken up in a completely new one.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:13 PM   #31
Supperhero
Side-Kick

I have two suggestions for APOCALYPSE:

1- Make Charles mention his comatose twin brother. This way, X3 and DOFP will be "vindicated" from this point of view.
2- Address the fact Moira MacTaggart "CIA Agent" has a daughter named like her.

And we should be over with it, LOL.

Supperhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #32
xxGambitxx
New User - Level 0

Watched the movie for the first time today. Overall i enjoyed it but it raised quite a few questions that maybe somebody has answers to.

(Minor Spoilers)

Shouldn't Wolverine have been in Vietnam with Stryker when his consciousness was sent back in time?

Xavier being alive doesn't make sense and even if you think they wanted to act like The Last stand didn't happen you couldn't since in Wolverines mind younger Charles watched his painful memory of killing Jean/Phoenix

Time travel in movies is always a difficult subject matter to tangle with but wouldn't every event that was being altered in the "new" past create new futures so that everything the old cast was doing while waiting on the Sentinels to arrive is no longer going on? If you accept that its possible to time travel in order to change the future it seems silly to keep going back to the present time (or future) and acting like its still going on, right?

Silver Surfer was awesome, wish there was more of him. Also the story was predictable in the sense that before any of it happened we knew Wolverine and co. would succeed in changing the past. The real interesting parts will be when they decide to fill in the new timeline from 1973 to whatever year it was Wolverine woke up in at the end

xxGambitxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:30 PM   #33
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
The question Is do they want to.I see nothing to suggest Lawrence isn't gone
the minute APocalypse Is released.fassbender at least tries to act like he's
excited to be part of X-Men films.

Again from what I have heard Mcavoy may be only one from FC cast who Is
telling the truth about contuning on.
JL is gone "the minute" XMA is done? Based on WHAT exactly? And MF just "tries to act" like he wants to be involved? Seriously?

magneto23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:39 PM   #34
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
JL is gone "the minute" XMA is done? Based on WHAT exactly? And MF just "tries to act" like he wants to be involved? Seriously?
People including a moderater with ears to hollywood who posts from time to time
as filmJamie has said james Mcavoy Is only one of big 4 of FC cast who Is willing to return post Apocalypse. Jennifer Lawrence hasn't been doing a whole lot to disprove suspecions she really doesn't care about X-Men.Michael fassbender Is If reports are true at least makes you think he care about X-Men.

Most think as soon as APocalypse is done Lawrence is done with X-Men.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:43 PM   #35
myra
Side-Kick

Quote:
as filmJamie has said james Mcavoy Is only one of big 4 of FC cast who Is willing to return post Apocalypse. Jennifer Lawrence hasn't been doing a whole lot to disprove suspecions she really doesn't care about X-Men.Michael fassbender Is If reports are true at least makes you think he care about X-Men.

Most think as soon as APocalypse is done Lawrence is done with X-Men.
Well then it must be true! Give me a break. Also, I doubt any of the FC actors would return past their three-film contract. A trilogy is more than enough and the X-films really need to start focusing beyond Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto/Mystique imo.

myra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:48 PM   #36
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

If filmgeekJamie had a cent for every time someone doubted him, he would've bought the love of Megan Fox by now.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Tacit Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #37
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

I'm no expert....but here's my ideas....

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGambitxx View Post

Shouldn't Wolverine have been in Vietnam with Stryker when his consciousness was sent back in time?
The American involvement in Nam lasted around 10 years....off the top of my head I can't remember what year the movie where Wolvie met Stryker in Nam was set. So '73 could have been several years after that.

Quote:
Xavier being alive doesn't make sense and even if you think they wanted to act like The Last stand didn't happen you couldn't since in Wolverines mind younger Charles watched his painful memory of killing Jean/Phoenix
After the end credits of THE LAST STAND there was a scene where it showed Xavier had put his consciesness into another body. It's possible that he had plastic surgery to look like his original body.

Quote:
Silver Surfer was awesome, wish there was more of him.
Don't remember him in the movie...what part?

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:52 PM   #38
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacit Ronin View Post
If filmgeekJamie had a cent for every time someone doubted him, he would've bought the love of Megan Fox by now.
I learned to trust him on matters In Hollywood. If he says James Mcavoy Is
only one who would return from FC cast after Apocalypse I believe him.

Old 06-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #39
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
as filmJamie has said james Mcavoy Is only one of big 4 of FC cast who Is willing to return post Apocalypse.
At this stage don't see how anyone could know that.

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence hasn't been doing a whole lot to disprove suspecions she really doesn't care about X-Men.
What do you want her to do? Hold a press conference?

Quote:
Michael fassbender Is If reports are true at least makes you think he care about X-Men.
What reports? So MF is faking it?

magneto23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:11 PM   #40
Dr. Evil
Gamora

On Collider.com, Fassbender said he would be willing to return as Magneto after Apocalypse if the scripts are still very good.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:21 PM   #41
JP
Smelly

Quote:
I learned to trust him on matters In Hollywood. If he says James Mcavoy Is
only one who would return from FC cast after Apocalypse I believe him.
He also said Henry Cavill would never be cast as Superman.

He also said there was no way all 3 of the "main" First Class cast would return for DoFP… Low and behold all three were in the film, and are still contracted for the next one..

Who know what the next 3 years will bring in terms of contract renegotiations, but lets not pretend that some things are outright facts.

Last edited by JP; 06-01-2014 at 08:24 PM.
JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:24 PM   #42
kevork89
Rogue + Gambit = WIN!!!

At the end of the day if JL decides after Apocalypse she is done that's fine. Mystique has had some amazing scenes and story in the films. She isn't necessary. It's only because it's Jennifer now that Fox would want her back. If Michael is the same so be it. They fulfill their contracts and they chose to come back amazing. If they don't well that's fine. It's their choice and people should respect it. For all we know right now Jennifer can just be a bit tired. Filming Hunger Games and X-Men after each other would be pretty exhausting. Once she's done with Hunger Games she might be up to more X-Men films because they would be the big movies she does and then can focus on doing the more smaller projects in between.

Michael it's unsure. He's doing all his intense roles but has the sequel to Pronetheus and Assassins Creed. He is with Fox with X-Men and Prometheus so he might have a good working relationship with them and continue to do more X-Men.

To me anyway having Prof X is the most important. And Nicholas I mean really outside of this he hasn't got as much big work compared to Michael, Jennifer and James. He shouldn't complain lol.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:12 PM   #43
DarkXorn
Kick-Side

The only reason I would wish to see Mystique in further films is to either:

1) See her as a Horseman of Apocalypse (ALA X-Men Evolution. Personally I thought she was awesome as a Horseman in this adaptation)
2) A pawn/slave of Apocalypse (I couldn't see her joining him willingly after the hopeful future she got from DOFP)
3) Simply to introduce Nightcrawler in some form of extended cameo/tragic story much like his birth in the comics. She is in a remote country that still does not fully understand Mutants, leading to an angry mob forming and her tearful but necessary abandonment of Kurt at a ravine.

DarkXorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:21 PM   #44
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I'm no expert....but here's my ideas....

The American involvement in Nam lasted around 10 years....off the top of my head I can't remember what year the movie where Wolvie met Stryker in Nam was set. So '73 could have been several years after that.

After the end credits of THE LAST STAND there was a scene where it showed Xavier had put his consciesness into another body. It's possible that he had plastic surgery to look like his original body.

Don't remember him in the movie...what part?

Idk why, but it took me several minutes to realize he meant Quicksilver too.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #45
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Let's be honest...getting any higher caliber actor to commit to the same role 3 times is a feat in and of itself. I hate recasting as much as the next person, but these folks want to do things BESIDES just be X-Men. I know that's hard for some of us to believe, but not everyone is gonna commit like Jackman has, and that's their right. These actors want to be challenged in new and exciting ways. It's just like Anthony Hopkins being reluctant about playing Lecter for a third time. He wasn't sure there was much else he could bring that hadn't already been presented. We tend to take for granted that these are actual people who may want to do different things.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:29 PM   #46
Matt Mortem
Nintend'oh

Quote:
Let's be honest...getting any higher caliber actor to commit to the same role 3 times is a feat in and of itself. I hate recasting as much as the next person, but these folks want to do things BESIDES just be X-Men. I know that's hard for some of us to believe, but not everyone is gonna commit like Jackman has, and that's their right. These actors want to be challenged in new and exciting ways. It's just like Anthony Hopkins being reluctant about playing Lecter for a third time. He wasn't sure there was much else he could bring that hadn't already been presented. We tend to take for granted that these are actual people who may want to do different things.
I agree with you, especially with an actor of Fassbender's caliber. He could go do an artistically fulfilling role in a Steve Mcqueen film, or be horrible under utilized in an X-Men film. I really dug DOFP, but he wasn't used to the fullest of his potential.

Matt Mortem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #47
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
I agree with you, especially with an actor of Fassbender's caliber. He could go do an artistically fulfilling role in a Steve Mcqueen film, or be horrible under utilized in an X-Men film. I really dug DOFP, but he wasn't used to the fullest of his potential.
He said his cracker ass was scared on that film set, so maybe not.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:38 PM   #48
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
The scene on the plane as Fassbender raises his tone of voice and the metal in the plane starts sucking in ....... that got me. No other scene in the movie stood up to that as far as I'm concerned.

The funniest was after all that hostility was Wolvie's "you gonna pick all that **** up?".

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 09:42 PM   #49
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
And with Lawrence, I just find it silly that people are getting up in arms about her possibly not wanting to come back after Apocalypse or that she's not doing as much promotion for the films. Take a step back and look at her position. She is probably THE most in demand actor, male or female, in Hollywood right now. She has two franchises, one of which she is the face of, going on simultaneously right now. Add in all the various press and interviews for anything else she has going on, appearances on talk shows and such, girl probably has very little time to herself anymore. There's probably very few days anymore that she's not exhausted by the end of it. Also add in all the various pressures from the paparazzi and Hollywood in general that most women face, it's hard to not begrudge her for wanting to step away from some of the more high pressure stuff.

Old 06-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #50
dax
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post

The scene where Wolverine meets Stryker in prison took place during the Fall of Saigon in 1975.

dax is offline   Reply With Quote