The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2014, 05:43 PM   #76
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Just enough wriggle room for when you're wrong, eh?
as if those who believe she is 'miscast' would change their tunes if she proves not to be

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #77
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
I disagree.

If someone want to say Gadot was miscast they can do it. Maybe you meant more in the way that we can't predict if she fail or not, which is true. But saying what you think will happen is ok.

In my eyes, the odds are 90-10 against Gadot.
You're wild hatred of Gadot has caused you to nonsensically respond to my post. How amusing.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #78
X Knight
Taking a Break

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Fact is nobody knows if Gadot was miscast or not because we haven't seen her performance.
don't you be throwing around logic and common sense here.........

that stuff if forbidden, don't you know??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 06-06-2014, 06:06 PM   #79
Lobo
skip skip skip

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
as if those who believe she is 'miscast' would change their tunes if she proves not to be
I'm quoting this as I agree with roach. I've seen people disregard casting choices as "crap" (not just in comic movies ) and when the actor or actress proves to do well in the role and is regarded as such by the majority of the general audience and critics alike they still stubbornly stuck to the judgement they made beforehand insisting they were right. I am not pointing any fingers just something I've seen happen over and over.

As for Gal Gadot, I will wait and see how she is in the role. I'm a fan of the Fast movies, and while she wasn't asked to do much, I thought what she was asked to do, she did well enough. Is she capable of more? We'll find out. More often than not I have liked Snyder's casting decisions. I'm excited to see what she brings to the role. The role is hers, there is no reason other actresses should be being discussed for this part in this thread. If you want to talk about another choice, it can be done in the JL Catsing or other WW threads.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:51 PM   #80
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And that Stigma only exists because those films were awful and weren't marketed as well as the male led films with similar budgets but don't tell Hollywood that.

Times are quickly changing, several genre films starring women have done well. Nobody wants to see some generic looking bad movie about a half naked woman with no personality beating people up.
Agree. The problem with films like 'Catwoman' (so bad it's good) and 'Supergirl' (so bad) isn't the gender of the lead, it's the poor script and directing. It's baffling that in 2014 the concept of a superheroine film is still an actual discussion. There are many terrible male fronted comic book movies ('Daredevil', 'Hulk', 'Green Lantern', 'Batman & Robin' etc) and Hollywood's solution to that is just to make better ones. But a couple of bad female fronted cbm and suddenly it's a strike against the entire gender...

I think the main problem is that for some reason with women in film we're unable to get past her gender and everything that happens in the script has to be based around it whereas male characters are seen as 'default' and therefore taken for granted.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #81
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

How does one calculate odds such as these? Doesn't make sense to me considering we know so little.

\S/T*
Old 06-06-2014, 08:04 PM   #82
RadioSha
Side-Kick

Didn't they say they tweaked the batman costume for TDKR and it was basically the same?

I think when they mean tweak, they're referring to convenience, application, and function of the suit- not necessarily dealing with the aesthetic/fashion aspects of it.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:12 PM   #83
Tanin
Tsukino Usagi

Quote:
I disagree.

If someone want to say Gadot was miscast they can do it. Maybe you meant more in the way that we can't predict if she fail or not, which is true. But saying what you think will happen is ok.

Since she looks perfectly fine for the role, I am assuming your hate is for her acting ability...

Could I get a list of the films and acting roles you've seen so I can get a good watch too?

Old 06-06-2014, 08:20 PM   #84
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post

After the last AMC episode (Where John Campea called Gal as "the worst casting in Hollywood history"
He must not have seen Topher Grace as Venom.

Old 06-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #85
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
How does one calculate odds such as these? Doesn't make sense to me considering we know so little.
You know, because numbers and ****.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 06-06-2014, 08:26 PM   #86
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I disagree.

You didn't read Spidey's post correctly....here it is -
Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY
Fact is nobody knows if Gadot was miscast or not because we haven't seen her performance.
If you examine that...nowhere in it does she say - you can't say that you THINK she was miscast - .....she says that - nobody knows if she was miscast.

That is a big difference. One that you apparently are blinded to.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:10 PM   #87
Hunter Rider
Ronin

I am sure some that post in this thread are stuck in a Groundhog Day style situation, it's like they log in and have forgotten that they already have 358 posts stating that Gadot is too skinny and shouldn't be Wonder Woman.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 06-06-2014, 09:20 PM   #88
luis4u
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I am sure some that post in this thread are stuck in a Groundhog Day style situation, it's like they log in and have forgotten that they already have 358 posts stating that Gadot is too skinny and shouldn't be Wonder Woman.
Agreed she won the role why is so to understand ..

Old 06-06-2014, 09:24 PM   #89
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Honest question

After the last AMC episode (Where John Campea called Gal as "the worst casting in Hollywood history" and even refused to even think about the idea that she might did well in the audition). Will Campea change his mind if she nails her role? or is Campea already decided that he hate her and she sucks no matter what.

Should we just ignore him at this point?
the answer is yes.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #90
Harley2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Honest question

After the last AMC episode (Where John Campea called Gal as "the worst casting in Hollywood history" and even refused to even think about the idea that she might did well in the audition). Will Campea change his mind if she nails her role? or is Campea already decided that he hate her and she sucks no matter what.

Should we just ignore him at this point?
Does it really matter, what he thinks one way or another? For different reasons like a fanboy like Farcai, what does it matter if they praise it or hate on it?

Old 06-06-2014, 10:05 PM   #91
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley2004 View Post
Does it really matter, what he thinks one way or another? For different reasons like a fanboy like Farcai, what does it matter if they praise it or hate on it?
Fanboys favor validation of their own opinions, from spokespeople of their ilk. Trashing them for opposing views is nothing new.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:13 PM   #92
Loki882
Side-Kick

What annoys me about Campea is this. He said that he didn't like the casting when it was first announced, which is fine. He also said that he hoped that she'd prove him wrong, but then he has gone of to take shots at her at every opportunity. Seriously, they'll be talking about a completely unrelated topic, and he'll find a way to take a shot at the Gadot casting. We get it Campea, it's gone beyond being petty at this point, it's just sad.

Old 06-06-2014, 10:16 PM   #93
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The odds of me caring about "she's miscast" comments is approximately 0/100 (give or take 0 or so)

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:24 PM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The odds of me caring about "she's miscast" comments is approximately 0/100 (give or take 0 or so)
I like those odds.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:00 AM   #95
Hulk-1700
Occasional Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Those seem like solid numbers.

Old 06-07-2014, 12:08 AM   #96
Eros
Side-Kick

She Looks great for wonderwoman, Still haven proven she can act let alone share a screen with Ben and Henry.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:14 AM   #97
combocaz
Side-Kick

She has a very statuesque look about her. I like it and i think its the look thats needed for WW.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
Old 06-07-2014, 01:50 AM   #98
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
I disagree.

If someone want to say Gadot was miscast they can do it.

Maybe you meant more in the way that we can't predict if she fail or not, which is true. But saying what you think will happen is ok.
In case you haven't noticed they're already doing it.

Quote:
Is this a new way to quantify subjective statements ?

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 06-07-2014 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #99
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Is this a new way to quantify subjective statements ?
As long as they are mine, why not? It's just that I see many more factors going against her then the other way. And a lot of them doesn't even have to do about her. She can do a great job, but if Wonder Woman is not well written in the film what will it matter?

Also, it kind bothers me when people say someone hates something. It's like if you don't love Gadot being cast, the only alternative is that you hate her.

Do I like her being cast? No. Do I hate her and want her to fail? Of course not. I believe what I always believed: many actresses can play Diana, but it's ultimately about how she will look on the screen. But different actresses make people more of less confident that they will deliver.

"Physical barriers are no match for those we place on our own minds."
Old 06-07-2014, 08:36 AM   #100
Nicky
Banned User

I've noticed that unlike the male castings whenever Gal Gadot is brought up the issue seems to be centred purely around how she looks - her height, her weight, her boobs etc That's why in some ways I am glad John Campea is there to put things in perspective: her image should be the least of our concerns. The questions is, can Gal Gadot act?

From the little I've seen of her she's been, well, rubbish. Having said that, the direction she was given in those films was clearly to just "be hot" and she was cast in those roles to "be hot". I've never seen her with material that demands real emotion and this is what concerns me the most - what is Snyder planning to do with the character? If she's just there to be a sex object for the boys then it's safe to say that Campea is spot on.

Closed Thread