The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

View Poll Results: Which Original Cast members do you want to see in X-Men Apocalypse?
Wolverine (future version/Hugh Jackman) 43 58.90%
Xavier (Patrick Stewart) 40 54.79%
Magneto (Ian McKellen) 27 36.99%
Cyclops (James Marsden) 43 58.90%
Jean (Famke Janssen) 47 64.38%
Storm (Halle Berry) 34 46.58%
Beast (Kelsey Grammer) 29 39.73%
Kitty (Ellen Page) 27 36.99%
Colossus (Daniel Cudmore) 18 24.66%
Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) 25 34.25%
Rogue (Anna Paquin) 33 45.21%
Mystique (Rebecca Romijn) 20 27.40%
Angel (Ben Foster) 17 23.29%
Other (specify in comments) 4 5.48%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #76
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

Default Re: Original Actors returning - Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rike View Post

The idea of this thread has never been to start a FC-OT cast debate.

LoganGambit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:43 PM   #77
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

This Is thread for Original cast In Apocalypse which we know will have some In APocalypse.
This Isn't place to bash OT cast.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:47 PM   #78
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

no one is bashing the original trilogy cast so calm down guys

LoganGambit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #79
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

I just don't see the point of bringing back the original cast in a film that will supposedly take place mostly in the 80s starring the First Class cast.

What is there for the OT cast to do then? Another time travel story? That would be completely redundant after just having one in DoFP. A framing device similar to Ian Holm and Elijah Wood in The Hobbit? That was unnecessary there and would be here too.

I just don't see an interesting story reason for them to be there.

Kahran Ramsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 02:43 PM   #80
Zionite
Side-Kick

I want none of them.Cat younger actors.Really happy to see what mcavoy and fassy did with their roles and i hope to see the same for younger actors

Zionite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:05 PM   #81
Zionite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I just don't see the point of bringing back the original cast in a film that will supposedly take place mostly in the 80s starring the First Class cast.

What is there for the OT cast to do then? Another time travel story? That would be completely redundant after just having one in DoFP. A framing device similar to Ian Holm and Elijah Wood in The Hobbit? That was unnecessary there and would be here too.

Same here bra

Zionite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #82
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I would like to see Angel make an appearance via time travel. Think it could be a good way to bridge the time periods. Jackman and Foster as villains would be sick. Would also like to see a big actor for Sinister. Not keen on Magneto as a Horseman. Mystique is pretty much the star of this trilogy and she needs to be in the spot light, plus one of the Horseman should be a woman.

Angel could be the mutant that assassinates Xavier. This thrusts Magneto into the hero role along with Beast. Plus in new comers like Cyke, Jean, Gambit, and Scarlet Witch in a love triangle with Scott/Jean, along with QS. Storm in there as well. Would like to see a Cable appearance but they can save that for X-Force.

Time travel would be a beneficial tool to negate the ending in DoFP and bring to light yet another alternate reality where the suspense and uncertainty would be maintained.

I would personally end the film with Magneto sacrificing himself for the X-Men, Beast taking over as the head master, and the growth of Scott and Jean into young adults. Honestly, I don't think there is much else they can do with Xavier/Magneto's characters that they haven't already explored in six plus films. Wolverine can have another stand alone film but honestly don't think it would make a difference one way or another in terms of the overall direction of the story.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #83
Rike
Something strange here?

They'll be in Apocalypse anyways. Deal with it.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #84
HIA
Side-Kick

lol, true.
this time, Id love to see the comics original five x-men as the only adult actors returning. That would be quite special and what a nod

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #85
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIA View Post
lol, true.
this time, Id love to see the comics original five x-men as the only adult actors returning. That would be quite special and what a nod
Will never happen. We already know Fassbender, Jackman, Lawrence, McAvoy, and Hoult are in this film.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #86
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:

I fully agree sir

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:39 PM   #87
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Will never happen. We already know Fassbender, Jackman, Lawrence, McAvoy, and Hoult are in this film.
Magneto nor Raven are xmen
Wolvie can easily be a 4 horseman

So this is highly possible tho I doubt it with storm included and Warren being not born yet.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:47 PM   #88
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Magneto nor Raven are xmen
Wolvie can easily be a 4 horseman

So this is highly possible tho I doubt it with storm included and Warren being not born yet.
I was responding to the idea that the James Marsden, Shawn Ashmore, Ben Foster, Famke Janssen, and Kelsey Grammer would be the only returning actors for this film. Clearly that is not the case.

Old 06-08-2014, 04:21 AM   #89
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
it should be in the past you dont ditch actors of such high caliber like fassbender,lawrence,and mcavoy who are all very young

lets be honest here the OT cast all well past their prime famke is almost 50 for god sakes

i love them too but best case scenario is keep it in first class era so we can keep fassbender,hoult,mcavoy,and lawrence and then cast younger storm,cyclops,and jean
Age isn't as a big deal as you think.

Do viewers really want to see a 30 to 40 something Xavier and 30 to 40 something Magneto for the next 20 years? Them being younger definitely didn't help FC to outgross any of the OT films.

Of course the OT cast are aging and its probably make sense to make at least 2 more films with them before they get really really old rather than giving them another long break to give way for prequels and spin-offs.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:28 AM   #90
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

You do know that making films is also a business. And FOx always use the OT cast members for cameo roles to bring more interest or familiarity to the audience.

Obviously, Fox want to maintain the momentum that they are getting from DOFP. And DOFP just so happened to be the OT cast's 1st film in 8 years and their return has been used for the marketing of the film. Isn't it telling that the 1st X-Men film to outgross X3 in worldwide gross just happen to be the 1st OT film since X3? That isn't just a coincidence.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #91
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
You do know that making films is also a business. And FOx always use the OT cast members for cameo roles to bring more interest or familiarity to the audience.

Obviously, Fox want to maintain the momentum that they are getting from DOFP. And DOFP just so happened to be the OT cast's 1st film in 8 years and their return has been used for the marketing of the film. Isn't it telling that the 1st X-Men film to outgross X3 in worldwide gross just happen to be the 1st OT film since X3? That isn't just a coincidence.
That's because X3 and Origins all but killed the franchise. It took a couple of good films to right the ship. Same thing that happened with Batman after Batman & Robin and why Batman Begins didn't do so well.

There is no way you can convince me that James Marsden and Famke Janssen are bigger draws as actors than Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence right now.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:55 AM   #92
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Besides when studios start putting marketing over quality you often end up with films like Spider-Man 3, X3, Batman & Robin, Green Lantern, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, etc.

That type of thinking got this franchise into trouble already.

If the OT cast have a good story reason to be there as in DoFP, that's fine. I can't think of one, but there might be something I haven't thought of. But to include them soley as a marketing gimmick would be awful.

Last edited by Kahran Ramsus; 06-08-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #93
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

For starters it's basiclly been said Hugh jackman will return for apocalypse and
shot it and new wolverine solo film back to back.You know the main character
of OT and guy Interacting with FC cast In DOFP.Many of FC cast was introduced In DOFP through jackman encountering them.

The people behind the X-Men films have been saying all along the original cast may be seen again after DOFP

patrick Stewart had been hinting strongly In Interviews a return

Simon Kinberg announced original trilogy cast members will be In Apocalypse so
it's moot some will be In film.

Some try to pretend OT cast being In DOFP had no bearing on success of film.

Jennifer Lawrence Is likely out the door as soon as Apocalypse Is In theatres.

Old 06-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #94
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
For starters it's basiclly been said Hugh jackman will return for apocalypse and
shot it and new wolverine solo film back to back.You know the main character
of OT and guy Interacting with FC cast In DOFP.Many of FC cast was introduced In DOFP through jackman encountering them.
Hugh Jackman is an exception because his character doesn't age. He exists in both timelines. If they are making a film set in the 80s like Apocalypse is, they don't have to come up with some silly plot device to explain his presence.

Quote:
The people behind the X-Men films have been saying all along the original cast may be seen again after DOFP.
Keyword there being 'may.' It also doesn't mean that they have to show up in the next film. There could be a film set in the present-day timeline somewhere down the line.

Quote:
patrick Stewart had been hinting strongly In Interviews a return
He's probably the easiest one they could fit in as some sort of cameo, just by the nature of his powers.

Quote:
Simon Kinberg announced original trilogy cast members will be In Apocalypse so
it's moot some will be In film.
I wouldn't rely on Kinberg. He thought that Iceman was re-cast in this film, and he's talked about all sorts of nonsense with the Fantastic Four reboot. He's simply not trustworthy. If Singer says it, then you've got something.

Quote:
Some try to pretend OT cast being In DOFP had no bearing on success of film.
Other than Jackman, probably not a lot. Stewart and McKellen and to a lesser extent Page, maybe a little. The others were just 3 second cameos and minor appearances alongside new characters like Warpath, Blink, and Bishop. The First Class cast, plus Wolverine, plus coming off two good X-Men films is the reason there was a jump in box office.

Quote:
Jennifer Lawrence Is likely out the door as soon as Apocalypse Is In theatres.
Maybe, but I'm talking about Apocalypse, not two or three films down the line.

We already know Apocalypse is going to take place in the 80s and star the First Class cast and Hugh Jackman. It isn't like we are going in with a blank slate, where we are arguing whether it will take place in the past or present. That decision has already been made. Now knowing that, how is awkwardly inserting in the present day characters (as opposed to younger versions) going to help the story?

Last edited by Kahran Ramsus; 06-08-2014 at 09:44 AM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:35 AM   #95
HIA
Side-Kick

dont you know that Age of apocalypse deals with alternate timelines and there is Time travel involved?

So if they addapt some of those things, one way or another, being faithful would still be a silly reason for you?

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 10:48 AM   #96
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hugh Jackman is an exception because his character doesn't age. He exists in both timelines. If they are making a film set in the 80s like Apocalypse is, they don't have to come up with some silly plot device to explain his presence.

Keyword there being 'may.' It also doesn't mean that they have to show up in the next film. There could be a film set in the present-day timeline somewhere down the line.

He's probably the easiest one they could fit in as some sort of cameo, just by the nature of his powers.

I wouldn't rely on Kinberg. He thought that Iceman was re-cast in this film, and he's talked about all sorts of nonsense with the Fantastic Four reboot. He's simply not trustworthy. If Singer says it, then you've got something.

Other than Jackman, probably not a lot. Stewart and McKellen and to a lesser extent Page, maybe a little. The others were just 3 second cameos and minor appearances alongside new characters like Warpath, Blink, and Bishop. The First Class cast, plus Wolverine, plus coming off two good X-Men films is the reason there was a jump in box office.

Maybe, but I'm talking about Apocalypse, not two or three films down the line.

We already know Apocalypse is going to take place in the 80s and star the First Class cast and Hugh Jackman. It isn't like we are going in with a blank slate, where we are arguing whether it will take place in the past or present. That decision has already been made. Now knowing that, how is awkwardly inserting in the present day characters (as opposed to younger versions) going to help the story?
Hugh jackman Is still the centrel character of Ot and he will be In Apocalypse

The creative team comments on OT cast explains why some will be In APocalypse.

You do realize Kinberg has been stand in for Singer due to lawsuit.Singer himself called Apocalypse more of a first class equel and a Inbetweenequel like
DOFP.Singer and Donner may want OT actors In Apocalypse.

The OT cast was big part of promation of filmForget how things turned out in final cut.They were used a lot to promate film.

Lawrence's box office clout is overestimated.There wasn't a lot of hungar games audences rushing to see DOFP.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:15 PM   #97
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
That's because X3 and Origins all but killed the franchise. It took a couple of good films to right the ship. Same thing that happened with Batman after Batman & Robin and why Batman Begins didn't do so well.

There is no way you can convince me that James Marsden and Famke Janssen are bigger draws as actors than Hugh Jackman and Jennifer Lawrence right now.
And as if the star power of the actors who appeared in these X-Men films is the sole reason why people watch X-Men films. Thats just not the case. Famke Jannsen and James Marsden were not exactly super popular actors when X1/X2/X3 came out and those films were still successful.
Quote:
If the OT cast have a good story reason to be there as in DoFP, that's fine. I can't think of one, but there might be something I haven't thought of. But to include them soley as a marketing gimmick would be awful.
If the comics can go on for decades, I don't see no reason why they can't come up a story for the OT cast's fifth X-Men film.

Quote:
And yet, The Wolverine earned less money than First Class at the American box-office? Its pretty much clear that Hugh Jackman's X-Men movies with his fellow original cast members bank more money at the box-office compare to his solo Wolverine movies. And like I said the original cast were pretty heavily featured on the marketing. Its not really about their star power that drove the mainstream viewers to watch the movie but mostly its the nostaglia factor, they could be all has been at this moment but the original cast members will forever be the ones that started this franchise and made it successful in the first place and them coming back together for the 1st time in 8 years is one of the selling points of this movie. Just with the big reaction of the audience when they saw Famke/James at the end of the movie pretty much said it all. The audience didn't have a reaction because they are well-known actors, but mostly because they are well-known to the X-Men characters that they are playing in the series.

And people keep bringing up this "star power" of the original cast and like as if the star power of Hugh Jackman/Famke Jannsen/Halle Berry/James Marsden/Anna Paquin and the rest of the original cast was the reason why the original trilogy films became really successful in the first place. FYI, the X-Men films made Hugh Jackman a superstar. People didn't watch the original films to see popular actors, you know. I seriously doubt thats the case for DOFP. And sure they might not be as popular as Jennifer Lawrence and they are not getting high-profile movies as Michael Fassbender but they are portraying the most well-known X-Men characters and the audience are already familiar with the characters that they are portraying. Star power is always a plus, but the star power of Jennifer Lawrence/Hugh Jackman are not the #1 reason why people saw DOFP and why there's a suddenly a big jump at the box-office.

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-08-2014 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:33 PM   #98
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

The OT cast In their roles Is a draw not the actors alone.

The Orginal cast In Star wars Episode VII Is a draw but they wouldn't be outside of star wars.Even harrison ford hasn't had hit film since last Indiana Jones film.

There Is no telling if younger actors In familar roles will have same effect as having OT actors back.Which is likely why some OT actors will be In Apocalypse.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:54 PM   #99
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The thing about the younger version is, they would be always seen as the "younger version" where as Famke/Halle/Patrick/Ian/Marsden/Kelsey/Rebecca will be seen as the original version and the one set in the present timeline. And appearance of them except for Rebecca, just made it more clear to the audience.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 06-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #100
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Funny how some want to dismiss OT cast.

We don't know how many of FC cast Is even willing to stick around after
Apocalypse.

Yeah Famke turns 49 later this year.But she looks great.The taken films.The wolverine and DOFP appearances.Hemlock grove on Netflix.Her carrere Is at it's hottest right now.

After Apocalypse the only film we know for sure is happening Is Wolverine Solo
film.Anything else is just talk for right now.

We know for fact some OT cast will be In Apocalypse.Simon Kinberg announced that.It's a question of who exactly that Is besides Hugh jackman and how many.

Tom Cruise Is 51 and doing another Mission Impossible film.

Look at ages of those In Expendables.

The Original Cast will return for star wars Episode VII.Harrison Ford Is 72
and will have major role In film.

Robert Downey JR Is 49 and doing second avengers and is signed for third film.

Samuel L jackson Is In his 60's and playing Nick Fury.

Michael Douglas Is nearly 70 and playing Henry Pym In Ant-Man.He's neary the age of Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen.

Arnold Is playing the terminator and he's how old?

Eddie Muphy Is going to be doing another Beverly Hilly Cop film.

With the erasing of Non-FC films In DOFP my assumination was that was end of OT Cast apart from jackman.That wasn't because that's what I wanted
but that's what the wrting on the wall hinted at.Well by their words the original cast Isn't done yet.

With the possable exception of Magneto the characters were done better with OT actors In my oporion.

Totally agree, people are obsessed with ages, these people could do another round of films in there sleep.....

Just adding halle to the mix, I suspect her career will have a boost after spilbergs extant, looks really good.

I'm happy to see more FC, and it's clever that they can have wolverine in both sets of films.....very clever fox.i just really want one last decent OT film as well.

I guess this is the issue with us fanboys..... We want it all!

Last edited by Mars123; 06-08-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote