The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #26
Tobias
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post

only change his hand like in the statue and it's pretty much like that.
The link doesn't work.

I wonder why they jut didn't do a CGI statue? I hope it is donated after the film to a place where it can be displayed to the public.

This is a leaked photo and I bet Snyder ain't happy. Especially if Superman is killed off in the film. The plot has been given away. Lots of sites are running with that scenario.

I think the hand will be holding something. Its sort of a weird pose.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #27
John-An
Yahtzee!

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

I think Snyder know this would happen, especially since tomorrow and thursday gonna filming and the statue gonna be on sight. I don't think the statue was for this purpose, it's too obvious. I think is gonna be smth created by Lex or from the people of metropolis since they saw all the acts between MOS and BvS if there's a 1-2 years time period between the movies.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #28
John-An
Yahtzee!

Fixed. hope you can see this now.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #29
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:

Fixed. hope you can see this now.
Thanks.

Some sites are not showing the photo cause it was leaked (I guess).

In some ways the statue is not flattering. Makes me think Luthor may have built it. The finger pointing out is a bit too in your face which is why I think something may be placed in the hand. Though it would be more curled up wouldn't it? Like I said it could be a subtle diss at Superman created by Lex.

So maybe more pictures later this week?

Old 06-10-2014, 02:36 PM   #30
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
The link doesn't work.

I wonder why they jut didn't do a CGI statue?
I hope it is donated after the film to a place where it can be displayed to the public.

Watch the Man of Steel Making-Of Documentary on the blu-ray. Zack's rule of thumb is that if the characters interact with something in the movie, it will not be CGI. And to me, the statue looks like it's in pieces. So you can assume that It'll be destroyed or knocked down. Zack used the same method with the oil rig scene. Henry held up the piece of debris in front of a giant CGI screen on set location.

Old 06-10-2014, 02:41 PM   #31
John-An
Yahtzee!

Quote:
Thanks.

Some sites are not showing the photo cause it was leaked (I guess).

In some ways the statue is not flattering. Makes me think Luthor may have built it. The finger pointing out is a bit too in your face which is why I think something may be placed in the hand. Though it would be more curled up wouldn't it? Like I said it could be a subtle diss at Superman created by Lex.

So maybe more pictures later this week?
I hope some photos leak since some important filming will take place on June 11 and 12.

Last edited by John-An; 06-10-2014 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:47 PM   #32
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

the statue could be something like this.

as previously posted by someone here.

DFB-GER 2014 + FCB #31/10 + Scuderia Ferrari + Batman v Superman/Suicide Squad 2016

Old 06-10-2014, 02:55 PM   #33
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

its a very famous Superman pose. It's safe to say Zack is building these.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #34
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

They all look great hope it's the Daily Planet globe he's holding up.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:20 PM   #35
John-An
Yahtzee!

Or an Earth globe.

Last edited by John-An; 06-10-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #36
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
Watch the Man of Steel Making-Of Documentary on the blu-ray. Zack's rule of thumb is that if the characters interact with something in the movie, it will not be CGI. And to me, the statue looks like it's in pieces. So you can assume that It'll be destroyed or knocked down. Zack used the same method with the oil rig scene. Henry held up the piece of debris in front of a giant CGI screen on set location.

Thanks for the information. I have not gotten around to watching the Special Features on MoS or any of the Blu-Rays I own (too busy!) It was fascinating learning more about Snyder's methodology.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 06-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #37
John-An
Yahtzee!

This is the closest I think they could go if this is because Superman's heroics on possibly helping people from the WE, and other World Problems.

Old 06-10-2014, 04:56 PM   #38
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ What a great pic. That's what superman is all about.

\S/T*
Old 06-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #39
tacit-ronin-
Do cats eat bats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
They all look great hope it's the Daily Planet globe he's holding up.
Quote:
Or an Earth globe.
or the sun

American Horror Story: Chimera House casting
Henry Cavill as Henry Cavill
Evan Peters as Sawyer
Denis O'Hare as DarkSentinel
Jessica Lange as DarkSentinel's E-cig
Old 06-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #40
Boom
I got nothin'

Remember when this was the News Thread?

Old 06-10-2014, 05:59 PM   #41
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Snyder know this would happen, especially since tomorrow and thursday gonna filming and the statue gonna be on sight. I don't think the statue was for this purpose, it's too obvious. I think is gonna be smth created by Lex or from the people of metropolis since they saw all the acts between MOS and BvS if there's a 1-2 years time period between the movies.
Could be. Maybe done on purpose?

Two things:

Superman fans have been concerned about the lack of Superman stuff and this statue at least for now has gotten many Supes fans to lower their concerns.

This has pushed the script rumors to Superman will be killed off in BvsS. So it may well be dissembling. Snyder is good at this. They could have totally hid the statue with a very large tarp.

The statue is too obvious as you say - a large majority of sites reporting on it now assume the film will be the DOS s/l.

I'm speculating and the argument that killing off Supes and bringing him back in JL 2 allows JL 1 to focus on the other JL members and cost less (really?) is out there. Don't buy it but that is my opinion.

Last edited by Tobias; 06-10-2014 at 06:06 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #42
StarLord
Blood Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Remember when this was the News Thread?

I know.

Have they even started filming yet?! I've not been keeping up with this at all.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:25 PM   #43
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Hey! We got a picture of Gal walking to her car and a partially completed statue of Superman! What more do you want?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:29 PM   #44
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
I know.

Have they even started filming yet?! I've not been keeping up with this at all.
They have been filming...or is that sarcasm?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #45
StarLord
Blood Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Hey! We got a picture of Gal walking to her car and a partially completed statue of Superman! What more do you want?
Oh yeah I saw that pic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
They have been filming...or is that sarcasm?
No sarcasm. Just wondered what was going on, that's all.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #46
Kal-El.9859
Life Found A Way

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLord View Post
Oh yeah I saw that pic.

No sarcasm. Just wondered what was going on, that's all.
cool..yeah they are filming now

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-10-2014, 06:40 PM   #47
John-An
Yahtzee!

Quote:
Could be. Maybe done on purpose?

Two things:

Superman fans have been concerned about the lack of Superman stuff and this statue at least for now has gotten many Supes fans to lower their concerns.

This has pushed the script rumors to Superman will be killed off in BvsS. So it may well be dissembling. Snyder is good at this. They could have totally hid the statue with a very large tarp.

The statue is too obvious as you say - a large majority of sites reporting on it now assume the film will be the DOS s/l.

I'm speculating and the argument that killing off Supes and bringing him back in JL 2 allows JL 1 to focus on the other JL members and cost less (really?) is out there. Don't buy it but that is my opinion.
Superman and Batman needs to be in the first JL IMO. Even Wonder Woman is a must. I think it could be better if we stablish them first and then when they "lost" Superman, the feeling would have more impact by far. And the interaction and each members feeling would make priceless scenes.
Again IMO the statue is not for remembering Superman or if they do BvS-JL-JL2 connected then I could see the statue at the end of JL1 but I think the most possible scenario is on gratitude of Superman acts or a Lex plan if you ask me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacit-ronin- View Post
or the sun
Quote:
I keep thinking this could be the most accurate, for the way the hand is on the statue. could be holding earth or a car, or piece of concrete simulating a house.

Old 06-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #48
Charlatan
Side-Kick

anyone know any of the extras? do they know where they are going to be shooting tomorrow and Thursday?

Old 06-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #49
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Superman and Batman needs to be in the first JL IMO. Even Wonder Woman is a must. I think it could be better if we stablish them first and then when they "lost" Superman, the feeling would have more impact by far. And the interaction and each members feeling would make priceless scenes.
Again IMO the statue is not for remembering Superman or if they do BvS-JL-JL2 connected then I could see the statue at the end of JL1 but I think the most possible scenario is on gratitude of Superman acts or a Lex plan if you ask me.

I keep thinking this could be the most accurate, for the way the hand is on the statue. could be holding earth or a car, or piece of concrete simulating a house.
ITA.

All this talk of BvsS, Jl, Jl2. They may be connected for sure. SDCC I can't wait for. Its not just that BvsS leads to JL, some rumors have JL1/JL2 being connected.

BvsS, Jl1 or JL2 - I am waiting for MOS2. But that is me. Shared universe is cool but .......

Last edited by Tobias; 06-10-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:49 PM   #50
John-An
Yahtzee!

I hope a solo movie of him. And according to the Hughes article, which I agree on that point, the JL could set a solo movies from the JL members

Closed Thread