The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 11:42 PM   #101
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Lex make a run for the Presidency
Me neither, could be, but I prefer in another movie when we know more of this Lex Luthor.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:44 PM   #102
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I think something like this but in a grayish color is the actual look.
I'd do it with one L underlining the entire name

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 06-10-2014, 11:48 PM   #103
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
I'd do it with one L underlining the entire name
One way or the other would look cool. I think they are approaching to the logos from the trucks. the have the double L, you know Lex Luthor

Old 06-10-2014, 11:49 PM   #104
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
One way or the other would look cool. I think they are approaching to the logos from the trucks. the have the double L, you know Lex Luthor
yeah, you got a point on that one...

EDIT: IF it is the double L I hope the first one is slanted like the ones one the trucks

Old 06-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #105
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

I agree on that one.

Old 06-10-2014, 11:54 PM   #106
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I just think it looks better that way

Old 06-11-2014, 12:47 AM   #107
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Looks like the Lexcorp logo is a stylized "LEXCORP". Slightly different from the logo on the truck in MoS

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

you can see the big X underneath the top tarp also
is it just me or they could NOT decide on what the Lexcorp logo should look like?

for what should be a gigantic company and a man like Lex you'd think they'd have the branding sorted out :

in any case, im not so thrilled with the X -- its hearkening too much to that other Marvel franchise. and knowing a narcissist like Luthor-- shouldnt the branding be easily identifiable as his?

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 06-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #108
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Maybe Luthor will use many different styles of logo for Lexcorp...

Old 06-11-2014, 12:55 AM   #109
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelsheen View Post
is it just me or they could NOT decide on what the Lexcorp logo should look like?

for what should be a gigantic company and a man like Lex you'd think they'd have the branding sorted out :

in any case, im not so thrilled with the X -- its hearkening too much to that other Marvel franchise. and knowing a narcissist like Luthor-- shouldnt the branding be easily identifiable as his?
It is not an X, look at the picture, we can clearly see the top of the E, and the top of the C, it says "LEXCORP" in all caps and stylized.

Old 06-11-2014, 01:01 AM   #110
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
It is not an X, look at the picture, we can clearly see the top of the E, and the top of the C, it says "LEXCORP" in all caps and stylized.
THAT is clearly a LARGE X

Old 06-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #111
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Maybe Luthor will use many different styles of logo for Lexcorp...
i understand they can do the lines of business excuse explanation for certain logo variations, but in a company as big as what theyre trying to convey with Lexcorp, there should be an established/ official one that would be used in all signage for buildings/ company letterheads etc.

Quote:
i was referring to the one on top, which went up first, then covered with tarp. it had a giant X with the "LEXCORP" at the bottom. and then that second one went up with the current ripped tarp.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 06-11-2014, 01:07 AM   #112
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
i understand they can do the lines of business excuse explanation for certain logo variations, but in a company as big as what theyre trying to convey with Lexcorp, there should be an established/ official one that would be used in all signage for buildings/ company letterheads etc.

i was referring to the one on top, which went up first, then covered with tarp. it had a giant X with the "LEXCORP" at the bottom. and then that second one went up with the current ripped tarp.
I think they may have that, but also like if Lex owned a used car dealership he wouldn't use the same logo....

Old 06-11-2014, 01:08 AM   #113
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:

Never even saw that

Old 06-11-2014, 01:14 AM   #114
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
I think they may have that, but also like if Lex owned a used car dealership he wouldn't use the same logo....
marketing would design a logo for that line of business that would be most appropriate for the demographic theyre trying to capture, but if Lexcorp is some kind of Fortune 500 company (which is what theyre trying to convey with all the bits of news we have so far), they would have an official logo, and this is what they would usually have plastered on trucks and buildings (this is in addition to the LOB logo that i mentioned).

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Old 06-11-2014, 01:21 AM   #115
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
marketing would design a logo for that line of business that would be most appropriate for the demographic theyre trying to capture, but if Lexcorp is some kind of Fortune 500 company (which is what theyre trying to convey with all the bits of news we have so far), they would have an official logo, and this is what they would usually have plastered on trucks and buildings (this is in addition to the LOB logo that i mentioned).
Well you've seen the LexCorp logo on trucks and buildings. On the trucks it's the same logo. On the construction site seeing as how it is going downward might be a little hard to use the same logo as on the trucks. And my theory is the LexCorp skyscraper with the red, white, and blue logo could be his Lex for America headquarters. And if that's the case you don't go slapping your presidential campaign logo all over everything business related. I think this is the primary/default logo for LexCorp

Old 06-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #116
brownknightrise
Side-Kick

Today's the day!

Right guise?

pls

Old 06-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #117
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

For what? Nothing? I agree!

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:16 AM   #118
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownknightrise View Post
Today's the day!

Right guise?

pls
The day for what? More filming?

Old 06-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #119
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I think over the next few days some Lex Luthor/LexCorp scenes are supposed to be filmed.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #120
Astro13Zombie
PrimeDirectiveEXTERMINATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
For what? Nothing? I agree!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #121
zryson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
I think over the next few days some Lex Luthor/LexCorp scenes are supposed to be filmed.
Hi, yes that was talked about on Twitter - that they are supposed to be filming some military scenes over the coming 24/48 hours. Hope this helps!

Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #122
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Read the weather report for Pontiac and sounds like there's a strong chance of rain and thunderstorms as the day progresses. Hopefully, that won't effect filming for today.

Also read that Eisenberg's film American Ultra is undergoing reshoots.

Last edited by STARMAN; 06-11-2014 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM   #123
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Hi, yes that was talked about on Twitter - that they are supposed to be filming some military scenes over the coming 24/48 hours. Hope this helps!
weather permitting. there's like a 70% chance of rain in Det today and tomorrow

Old 06-11-2014, 10:48 AM   #124
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Yesterday's article on Batman-News mentions the possibility of the LexCorp's scenes being pushed back a bit.

Old 06-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #125
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Yesterday's article on Batman-News mentions the possibility of the LexCorp's scenes being pushed back a bit.
Yeah, I'm hearing the LexCorp scene may be early next week now.

Closed Thread