The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 62

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 62

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 06-14-2014, 06:18 AM   #3
TheNextNolan22
Dawn of Justice

I'm all for Mimosa as Aquaman so long as Tama Tonga and Roman Reigns are his stunt doubles. :o

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 06-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #4
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
I'm all for Mimosa as Aquaman so long as Tama Tonga and Roman Reigns are his stunt doubles.
I can see it now...Breaking News: Roman Reigns gives Superman the "Superman Punch".lol

Old 06-14-2014, 06:39 AM   #5
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - Part 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Yes I do. I'm the one that will go see a movie soley for Aquaman, I'm the one that collects Aquaman back issues, im the one that bought the Flashpoint DVD and the skin on Injustice for Aquaman, I'm the person that had his GF buy him and Aquamn hoodie and t-shirt, I'm the one that cares along with many others. You talk about how there is a stigma with the character oitside of hardcores like me than why wouldn't you cast a Oscar winning actor to avail him of that stigma?

Also to say no one outside of hardcore DC fans cares is just plain wrong, why was his relaunch book in the Top 5 the first year it was out? Why was there a crossover with JL the first year the book was out? Why has he been included in almost every media project since 2010? Why is he getting his one DTV animated movie? There is more interest than you think?
Look I know you do, I'm not saying your opinion is any less valid or that ideally you wouldn't be right, because you would, but in all honesty I don't have the belief (or more importantly WB doesn't) that there are enough fans just like you that not only care about the character on the level that you do but are willing to pay to see that film in theaters, netting it at least 160 domestic.

Regardless of how much interest anyone might think their is in the character, is it strong enough that a radical change in his appearance (if it's that radical at all) or lacking a portrayal by an A lister or a known star (something that not even Superman and Wonder Woman get) will get these said fans riled up to the point they'll lose money at the ticket stand? I remain unconvinced. Yours is an emotional argument, something I'd sympathise with but I'm guessing WB is thinking practical with this choice.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-14-2014, 06:49 AM   #6
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I thought i was the only one that thought momoa and reigns looked alike!

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-14-2014, 07:05 AM   #7
dony2012
Side-Kick

Does anyone has a link to the original post of the guy that published here the same list of upcoming (fake) DC films that Finke got?

Old 06-14-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I hate the fact that the plan for the DCCU has a flaw in that if the big head honchos or heavy hitters were to fail I can see it falling apart. If BvS were to fail or underperform, we could easily lose the spin off films after JL, but I don't see them actually cancelling JL cause WB wants to make those Avengers dollars. The problem is that the future of the DCCU now rests on the shoulders on Snyder/Goyer/Terrio. And Cavill's/Gadot's/maybe Affleck's career paths will depend on this film as well.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
Nicky
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
I hate the fact that the plan for the DCCU has a flaw in that if the big head honchos or heavy hitters were to fail I can see it falling apart. If BvS were to fail or underperform, we could easily lose the spin off films after JL, but I don't see them actually cancelling JL cause WB wants to make those Avengers dollars. The problem is that the future of the DCCU now rests on the shoulders on Snyder/Goyer/Terrio. And Cavill's/Gadot's/maybe Affleck's career paths will depend on this film as well.
This is why the decision to do a team up movie was always risk. You mess up a movie with Batman and Superman in it there's no coming back. DC would have to wait 20 years to reboot.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:05 AM   #10
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

We got so far for the JL:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Cyborg

With Flash, Green Lantern, and Shazam rumored.

John Stewart JL or Martian Manhunter better make it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Cleveland Cavaliers: 5 - 4
Charlotte Hornets: 4 - 7
Old 06-14-2014, 08:18 AM   #11
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

So....... with Drew McWeeny (who is a 100% trusted source) reporting the Aquaman plot point that he's "unhappy" with what The World Engine did to the ocean, it looks like these plot spoilers were legit:

http://www.movieweb.com/news/batman-...ed-crew-member

And that we can finally say for that BvS does feature the "death" of Superman.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #12
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
So....... with Drew McWeeny (who is a 100% trusted source) reporting the Aquaman plot point that he's "unhappy" with what The World Engine did to the ocean, it looks like these plot spoilers were legit:

If Mc Weeny is right and that is a plot point then those rumors may be true too. Especially with us seeing the statue which imo lends some weight to that rumor.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 AM   #13
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Someone else who's not particularly happy about what happened in that film is Aquaman. I'm not sure if that's the actual name they'll use or not, but what we're hearing is that he is not pleased about the World Engine and what it did to the Indian Ocean. He will not have a major role in the film, but he will make an appearance, and it definitely sets him up to return once Snyder gets to "Justice League."
Not to be all negative nilly, but geez louize, that just sounds so hackey and fan-fiction'y. What is going on with this movie? There's no writing-driven focus here like the Nolan films of 'we want to tell this story'. Instead it feels like **** is just getting thrown all over the board. I really hope this Argo writer can really work some magic on this thing.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 AM   #14
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Also the whole 'not being called Aquaman' reeks of Goyer after those Martian Manhunter comments saying that if he rebooted him, the name would have to change.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:40 AM   #15
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post

He was right about the Batmobile looking Burtonish.

I dunno. I hope he's wrong. Those rumors made the plot seem pretty cliche.

HERESY!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:44 AM   #16
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Of course Aquaman would be unhappy with the world engine. That makes sense, it's too logical to avoid.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
Tv's Phil
Side-Kick

I'm not sure how that handful of details seem cliche or fan fictionish.
A few were just logical next steps. Aquaman, Luther and Batman's responses.
In fact, Luther being more in the shadows seems very subtle. I like it.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #18
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

I don't know man, at this point there is a gigantic amount of material being crammed into one movie. Unless the additions of Aquaman, Cyborg and Wonder Woman are cameos, I can imagine how easily this could turn into a cluster****. I'm still cautiously optimistic, and I hope to be proven wrong.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:53 AM   #19
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Also the whole 'not being called Aquaman' reeks of Goyer after those Martian Manhunter comments saying that if he rebooted him, the name would have to change.
To be fair, I actually agree with that. I never saw "martian" as being a good addition to his name.

It would be like saying the Kryptonian Superman, Amazonian Wonder Woman, Atlantean Aquaman.

Just Manhunter works fine as his actual name, given it was his profession, though he can still be described as the martian Manhunter, or the Manhunter from Mars.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 AM   #20
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't get happy or upset about any of these rumors.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:55 AM   #21
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
Of course Aquaman would be unhappy with the world engine. That makes sense, it's too logical to avoid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tv's Phil View Post
I'm not sure how that handful of details seem cliche or fan fictionish.
A few were just logical next steps. Aquaman, Luther and Batman's responses.
In fact, Luther being more in the shadows seems very subtle. I like it.

Maybe I'm wrong.
Of course it all makes sense to us. It sounds like something we would write or theorize.

I'm more interested in an amazing well-written story. These shoe-ins from bit-role JL characters really only serves a build-up to a JL film. I just hope the motivation from Snyder and co. is right, in 'story first'. MOS, ASM2, IM2 all suffered from this. It's something Nolan really emphasized with his films, and was what made them special.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:56 AM   #22
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Cyborg is in one scene and that's the football scene they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Cleveland Cavaliers: 5 - 4
Charlotte Hornets: 4 - 7
Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 AM   #23
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
To be fair, I actually agree with that. I never saw "martian" as being a good addition to his name.

It would be like saying the Kryptonian Superman, Amazonian Wonder Woman, Atlantean Aquaman.

Just Manhunter works fine as his actual name, given it was his profession, though he can still be described as the martian Manhunter, or the Manhunter from Mars.
Or just John/John Jones, since thats his ****ing name.

Goyer........ don't ruin this.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:02 AM   #24
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

I feel more like 'Martian' is key to the name. It's his 'Super' to his 'Man'. Cause 'manhunter' alone means nothing, especially in the context of the character. But 'Martian Manhunter'. You've just named and described a character.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:35 AM   #25
The Endless
WE are Groot

I think it does make logical sense to the story. MoS left a very important thing hanging. The worlds reaction to Superman and the events of MoS. That wasn't explored at all. It should have been i feel.

Featuring it for this film makes narrative sense. The world is going to react to Superman. That includes other superheroes and villains. Aquaman not being happy about the world engine makes perfect narrative sense. Lex maybe going into propaganda mode, besmirching Superman as an alien interloper who brought destruction to humanity. Batman sensing that Superman will bring more harm than good (a higher form of war, to quote the Avengers), at least at first.

I also said a while ago that i can see the apparent death of Superman being the spark that unites the heroes. That makes them form the Justice League. Superman sacrificing himself plays along with the whole Jesus parallel too.

It's obviously a big juggling act. So much stuff is going to be crammed into this film. WB/DC are putting all their eggs into one basket. Snyder must make the best film he's ever made for this to work. If he doesn't nail this film and it doesn't make much more than MoS, all these plans about other hero solo films will be DOA.