The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the new Batmobile?
Wow! The Batmobile I was hoping for and in my dreams. 53 50.96%
Not bad. I need to see it in action. 49 47.12%
Meh. 1 0.96%
I prefer the last batmobile. 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 08:16 AM   #476
lujho
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batmobile Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

Dune Buggy confirmed.
Yeah, no. That is just a sculpt of the top part of the car. Now the body *might* be as thin as that and look a lot like the dune-buggy mockup, but there's no way of us to know that, and I really suspect that there is a lot more to the body of the car. That is definitely NOT complete as there is absolutely no detail on the sides at all.

There's definitely something going on at the front with that semicircular cutout that's hard to figure, but something's probably going to be housed there, and I think there will definitely be a "front" to the car and it won't just be a wedge-shaped thing.

Ignore how incredibly rushed and crappy the picture is, or how I totally screwed up the back wheel, but this picture could give an idea of how the car could have more body to it. Also, I suspect there may be 2 sets of front wheels for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bmb.jpg (75.2 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by lujho; 06-12-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 AM   #477
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I want to see what other vehicles he'll have. Maybe a Batplane or Batboat.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:04 AM   #478
Travesty
TEOL

I'm really thinking that the Batmobile will turn into a Batwing.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:09 PM   #479
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
Its cool Hafizbat, everyone has different tastes lol
Its just if i want Batman i want him as Batman not Ironman and that suit-up video looks like a Ironman suitup.

Still dont like the AK Batmobile but ill leave my final judgement for the BVS Batmobile when i see a full pic of it. The two or three images weve seen of it is still hiding way to much of it for my final judgement though i do like what i see so far. It reminds me of the Keaton Mobile mixed witj the tumbler. Time will tell though.
Batman looks nothing like Ironman in that suit. He still looks like Batman. I Also think it's kind of ridiculous that Batman can't a get mechanical suit, without his fans making nitpicking, whining comparisons because Ironman from Marval has a Mechanical suit...

Theses are the same fans that whine about Nolan's Interpretation being too grounded in reality, because they want a tone that is more like a comic book fantasy

Last edited by badgrammar; 06-12-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #480
DarkKnight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Batman looks nothing like Ironman in that suit. He still looks like Batman. I Also think it's kind of ridiculous that Batman can't get mechanical suit, without his fans making nitpicking, whining comparisons because Ironman from Marval has a Mechanical suit...
ummmm..... OK.....

No where did I say he looks like Ironman, He still looks very much like Batman. I did however compare the way his suit is and that the way he suits up in the video is very Ironman like. the way he suits up is pretty much a ripoff if you as me. Does the game look cool? YES. Will I play this game? YES. Do I personally like the suit and the Batmobile? NO Am I still a Batman fan? YES very much so.

Does it matter that I don't like the designs but you do? no not really, different opinions for different people. I personally don't see anyone "whining" as you put it.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:27 PM   #481
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Y'all are nuts

I think the suit and the batmobile in particular look sweet.

I'm not a fan of the BvS batmobile, or at least what we've seen from it. Looks much too insect-like/lightweight. The "dune-buggy" description is far worse than the tank description.
Their comments and even yours, is proof that no matter what Studio is producing Batman, no matter who's Directing it, no matter What direction they take with it, The fans will never be happy.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:31 PM   #482
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
ummmm..... OK.....

No where did I say he looks like Ironman, He still looks very much like Batman. I did however compare the way his suit is and that the way he suits up in the video is very Ironman like. the way he suits up is pretty much a ripoff if you as me. Does the game look cool? YES. Will I play this game? YES. Do I personally like the suit and the Batmobile? NO Am I still a Batman fan? YES very much so.

Does it matter that I don't like the designs but you do? no not really, different opinions for different people. I personally don't see anyone "whining" as you put it.
Fans always project their disapproval when something is different. I just can't stand the fact that a lot of fans are still not accustomed to change, because Batman and comics in general are always evolving. From what I am reading with most comments here. It sounds to me that people don't like it, because it's different.

Old 06-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #483
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post

Having said that, I can appreciate what they're going for in Arkham Knight. It's a totally different medium. It's better suited for video games, where heavily armored mecha shooter things are the norm.

It lets them showcase the raw power of the nex-gen hardware, and I'm all for that.
How does this Batmoble handle potholes? Yeah it looks cook, but looks impracticable. I think the BatFleck Mobile would probably look like a Dune buggie or a RC car to have a high ground clearance to withstand from IED blasts and to have the ability for off-road mobility or mobility for tough rugged urban terrain, such as going through fences.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:25 PM   #484
Alex_Spider
Banned User

Quote:
Batman looks nothing like Ironman in that suit. He still looks like Batman. I Also think it's kind of ridiculous that Batman can't a get mechanical suit, without his fans making nitpicking, whining comparisons because Ironman from Marval has a Mechanical suit...

Theses are the same fans that whine about Nolan's Interpretation being too grounded in reality, because they want a tone that is more like a comic book fantasy
It is not ridiculous, because the spirit and the original traits of the character have nothing to do with robotic suits doing all the heavy work for him.
He is a skilled athlete, the ultimate detective. He relies on tricks and deceptionto fight his enemies, not mech suits and jet packs.

His suit should always be portrayed as a durable cloth with a basic design. No need to go overboard and make it an obvious man in a riot gear suit ala TDK and Arkham Knight. Then all the illusion and the mysticism of the Bat-Man is lost and the bat motif becomes obsolete.

Last edited by Alex_Spider; 06-12-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #485
Travesty
TEOL

I can't understand how you can't see the Iron Man comparisons?

Old 06-12-2014, 02:01 PM   #486
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I can't understand how you can't see the Iron Man comparisons?
it's just the suit up sequence

Old 06-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #487
Travesty
TEOL

So nobody should make the comparison, when both suit up sequences between the two look the same? Ok....

Old 06-14-2014, 12:20 AM   #488
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Was not sure where to ask this, but if the Batplane/Batwing appears in the film, what do you want it to look like?

Old 06-14-2014, 01:00 AM   #489
LamboMan
Side-Kick

^^ The batwing should look like an actual plane, or a VTOL aircraft not like the Bat in TDKR.

If it looks like this that'll be great.

On the other hand, wasn't there a rumor that the Batmobile could convert into the Batwing?

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #490
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I've not heard that rumour. But that would be great to see.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:06 AM   #491
matt47
Side-Kick

I can just imagine it! Batman is following or chasing Superman, Superman fly's up or over water thinking he has easily out ran him but then, an awesome transformation of the Batmobile with Superman having a, "Wow..." Look on his face.

Okay, that probably wouldn't happen but..

Old 06-14-2014, 08:12 AM   #492
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Man vs SteelSteel vs Steel

I believe in Batfleck
Old 06-14-2014, 08:14 AM   #493
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
How does this Batmoble handle potholes? Yeah it looks cook, but looks impracticable. I think the BatFleck Mobile would probably look like a Dune buggie or a RC car to have a high ground clearance to withstand from IED blasts and to have the ability for off-road mobility or mobility for tough rugged urban terrain, such as going through fences.
Exactly my thoughts. The Arkham Asylum car looks cool, but it's completely impractical. it looks like the whole front bumper will rip off if the car even attempts to mount a kerb. The 30 Inch wheels also look pretty silly.

HERESY!
Old 06-14-2014, 09:01 AM   #494
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Here is some interesting Batmobile concept art for Batman Forever...

http://www.artrgc.com/

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #495
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
Exactly my thoughts. The Arkham Asylum car looks cool, but it's completely impractical. it looks like the whole front bumper will rip off if the car even attempts to mount a kerb. The 30 Inch wheels also look pretty silly.
It shouldn't be all that hard to make a few adjustments. The overall aesthetic can still be achieved if they made an effort to recreate it.

Old 06-14-2014, 09:14 AM   #496
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Their comments and even yours, is proof that no matter what Studio is producing Batman, no matter who's Directing it, no matter What direction they take with it, The fans will never be happy.
That's a pretty pessimistic attitude, lol. Sure, there are always going to be nitpicks and not everyone will like something, but you can't say that fans will never be happy.

I was plenty happy with the TDK trilogy, even though I hated the fight scenes, batsuit, etc. I still got a lot of great Batman material out of it and I'm happy about that. Looking at the critical and financial reception, a lot of people were happy too.

With BvS, I didn't like MoS and I don't feel very confident at all with what comes next, I didn't like the Gadot or Eisenberg castings and I don't like what I'm hearing about it so far. Having said that, I am in love with the batsuit. Whatever BvS becomes, it'll be worth it because of that perfect batsuit. I'm sure I'll love the visuals Snyder will come up with for Batman as well.

The point is, they can't please everyone everytime. Nothing is perfect, but they can also get a lot of things right. Instead of looking for "perfection" every time, I believe its better to focus on what was done right, instead of wrong.

Old 06-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #497
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Was not sure where to ask this, but if the Batplane/Batwing appears in the film, what do you want it to look like?
I hope it resembles the TNBA version

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Old 06-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #498
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
How does this Batmoble handle potholes?
Probably the same way it handles gunfire, etc.

It's umm, The Batmobile.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 06-14-2014, 02:23 PM   #499
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I hope it resembles the TNBA version
You mean this one right?

Because if so I am totally on board with that.

Old 06-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #500
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
You mean this one right?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Because if so I am totally on board with that.
That's the one

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Closed Thread