The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men Sequels & Spin-Offs

Old 06-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #251
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "Gambit" starring Channing Tatum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Energy Manipulation keeps you young. I say if it worked for Shaw, it should work for Gambit. And potentially Bishop if he wants to be friends with an elderly Nate Summers.
I suggested that before but I got a negative response from someone, because compare to Shaw and the other mutants who doesn't age very much, its similar to the comics unlike with Gambit if they give this mutant ability.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 06-11-2014 at 02:47 AM.
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:43 AM   #252
Feyd Rautha
Side-Kick

I'd love to see Gambit with the OT cast, Channing's around the same age as Rogue, Iceman and Kitty etc...the 4 of them would make a good team.

...but another film with the OT cast is debatable. But it makes me wonder what decade this potential Gambit solo film will take place. Maybe Gambit won't be in Apocalypse...

Feyd Rautha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #253
HIA
Side-Kick

that would be a good thing, if he doesnt appear in the past. but I doubt Fox wait much longer for Channing appearing in the franchise

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:27 PM   #254
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

The solo won't come out before his involvement with xmen because they will want to use apocalypse as a way to show him to the audience so when do the solo (which is the main idea here) they have an audience who know who he is

But something people will have to realise, chances are they ain't bringing in gambit to become an X-man they are bringing him in to be a part of an X-men story and not just a fan excuse to have all these characters together as a team

Gambit and rogue won't be together in this franchise no matter how many people want it, she is with bobby in singer franchise, and I doubt they want gambit as an x-man next to wolverine anyway, they will likely want him solo and not just to be one of the many members of the OT

Old 06-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #255
LoganGambit87
Side-Kick

i would love a solo movie it wouldn't need a huge budget and i have always liked solo gambit's origin story set in new Orleans and about the Thieves guild

LoganGambit87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:33 PM   #256
Karelia
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoganGambit87 View Post
i would love a solo movie it wouldn't need a huge budget and i have always liked solo gambit's origin story set in new Orleans and about the Thieves guild
I really liked his origin story too... I hope they would keep him being an orphan. His parent(s) abandoning him because they think he's a demon because of his red and black eyes...I want red/black eyes, goshdarnit.

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:06 AM   #257
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feyd Rautha View Post
I'd love to see Gambit with the OT cast, Channing's around the same age as Rogue, Iceman and Kitty etc...the 4 of them would make a good team.
yes they would! And add Colossus to that roster for a plus

Old 06-13-2014, 09:20 AM   #258
HIA
Side-Kick

yeah, and Channing fits Hugh Jackman and James Marsden perfectly. It would be a pretty great trio, and like Fox's competition to Marvel's Robert, Evans and Chris H.
But since Fox uses to do whatever the hell they want, they'll probably put him in the past again. Even after the recast.

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:13 AM   #259
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hmm I'm not sure if they should be THE competition for Marvel's golden boys. But I agree that Channing fits in with Hugh Jackman/James Marsden perfectly just like how Wolverine/Cyclops/Gambit worked well together in the comics/90s cartoons. I really wish they would just quit doing movies set in the past.

Old 06-14-2014, 10:50 PM   #260
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Seriously? Why? I mean, have your opinion about what cast is better, but the X-Men and mutants in general would have played a huge part in the latter half of the 20th century. In every incarnation, the 80s and 90s specifically would have logically been some of the most crucial events for mutant kind (assuming Magneto was born in the 20s/30s and that Xavier's first true student was Cyclops).

Old 06-15-2014, 04:40 AM   #261
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

And why couldn't they just do that in the 2020s?

The Transformers movies did the same thing with Dark of the Moon with the Nasa mission and they didn't have to set the film in the 70s.

Old 06-15-2014, 09:14 AM   #262
Karelia
We Are Groot

Guardians of the Galaxy
Karelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 11:02 AM   #263
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

That's really good.

Old 06-15-2014, 12:21 PM   #264
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And why couldn't they just do that in the 2020s?

The Transformers movies did the same thing with Dark of the Moon with the Nasa mission and they didn't have to set the film in the 70s.
But what do you mean? Show the genesis of the team in 2025? Like as a flashback?

I'd rather see them dedicate a couple hours to it personally. There's a lot of room there for development. Cyclops and Jean young love. Storm on the streets. And Magneto and Xavier don't have to eat their food through a straw.

At this point I'd watch a X-Men 5 movie. But most assuredly not in lieu of a FC threequel.

Old 06-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #265
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

There is a lot they have to tell in apocalypse, I mean magneto and xavier will get a lot to do, beast and mystique will have some development, the development for cyclops,jean and storm, wolverines role in the film, and apocalypse role (excluding the gambit and nightcrawler talk for now)

There is also likely to be several other new characters, whether it's characters like toad Or a couple of never used before mutants

Old 06-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #266
Rike
Slim

Quote:
I'd rather see them dedicate a couple hours to it personally. There's a lot of room there for development. Cyclops and Jean young love. Storm on the streets. And Magneto and Xavier don't have to eat their food through a straw.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 04:07 AM   #267
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
But what do you mean? Show the genesis of the team in 2025? Like as a flashback?

At this point I'd watch a X-Men 5 movie. But most assuredly not in lieu of a FC threequel.
Well they have been doing prequels or movies set in the previous decade for 3 times now. Apocalypse is gonna be the 4th one.

I get the need to tell the origin story of Storm, Cyclops and Jean, but when Fox already brought back the OT cast characters (some of them were resurrected from the death) after long 8 years, I just don't think its a very smart idea to do another movie mostly set in the past, us fans can easily cope with that but. the general audience? If they tuned out for Origins and First Class, they could surely tune out again even if Days of Future Past is all great and successful.