The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #976
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: The Superman suit Thread - Part 1

that's part of his chest hair. you know if you have chest hair, you can't hide it all. that's realistic.

Old 06-15-2014, 04:06 PM   #977
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoWalrus View Post
I know this is a weird request, but I hope they find a way to tuck in the rest of his chest hair. The first time I saw the scene with him and Lois waiting for the Kryptonian dropship, I laughed because I saw a bit of it poking out of his suit. It really distracted me for some reason...
How about no. His chest hair is magnificent.

Old 06-15-2014, 05:02 PM   #978
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

A strange request indeed. Cavill actually lobbied to keep the chest hair in a world of clean shaven superheroes. I think it definitely made for a more macho look and they should retain it for the sequel.

And it also gets rid of the "how does he shave his chest" question.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:58 PM   #979
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think the question is actually, "How does he shave at all?

Old 06-15-2014, 07:18 PM   #980
HUMANIMAL

silly question...heatvision and a mirror of course

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 06-15-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-15-2014, 08:05 PM   #981
souperman
Side-Dish

Simple...
Double post

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 06-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #982
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoWalrus View Post
I know this is a weird request, but I hope they find a way to tuck in the rest of his chest hair. The first time I saw the scene with him and Lois waiting for the Kryptonian dropship, I laughed because I saw a bit of it poking out of his suit. It really distracted me for some reason...
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=kp&v=1uvr5UTqpQI
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 06-15-2014, 11:21 PM   #983
roach
I am the night

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-16-2014, 02:59 AM   #984
regwec
Shakespearo

The bikini bottoms on the SR suit are truly startling. They're of the kind of cut that Rihanna goes for.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #985
Raelis Shae
Wayside Wanderer

The SR costume's low-rider briefs is visually unappealing. That and the high neckline gave Routh a very long torso, more Superboy than Superman. Plus I didn't like the use of the 'S' symbol everywhere (boots, belt, etc.)

I'd say it's second worst to Dean Cain's costume, but considering the budget for the TV show, SR's design was terrible.

And really I say this with sadness, because a long-time Superman fan like me believes that this character deserves the best.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:18 AM   #986
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
The bikini bottoms on the SR suit are truly startling. They're of the kind of cut that Rihanna goes for.
And yet it's not the worst thing about that costume...

Old 07-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #987
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

So some of the changes I've noticed. The S shield looks slightly smaller but not by a big difference. Just more space between the top of the shield and the neck line. Next the obvious belt piping and what could look to be a small barely visible S in it? Hard to tell. The piping on the the sides of the suit and on his wrists looks different to me as well. The biggest difference I like isn't on the suit at all it's the hair that Henry Cavill has. The shorter look is perfect.
Could the design in the S Shield be different? Looks like lettering/desgin down the middle of the S too.

Old 07-03-2014, 01:45 PM   #988
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

LOVE the way the suit looks.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 07-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #989
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
LOVE the way the suit looks.
It is a thing of beauty

Old 07-03-2014, 02:03 PM   #990
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Old 07-03-2014, 02:05 PM   #991
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
Old 07-03-2014, 02:16 PM   #992
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandon Knight View Post
It is a thing of beauty
Yes, yes it is.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:17 PM   #993
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Since we're talking about the Superman suit...enjoy!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 07-03-2014, 02:31 PM   #994
SUPERGRAVE
an ideal to strive toward

I'm posting this here since it has more relevance:
let me preface my comment with this: I love Zack's affinity for visuals, and he knows exactly what he's doing. but.....

TEXTURES!!! Texture is to Zack Snyder as Explosions are to Michael Bay.
He loves throwing texture on any suit he touches. Look at Watchmen, for example:

Nite Owl's suit couldn't HAVE more texture.

Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not in the slightest. I love everything about the new suit. It makes me laugh when I think about how we used to say "i hope his S shield has less texture to separate it from the suit," and now it has even MORE texture. Notice the line going through the thickest part of the S, and how it has a different texture on either side of it.
I also noticed that the suit itself seems to have the same texture as its first incarnation, and this makes me very happy.

It also makes me wonder why the statue had such a sharp, angular design. If the rumors are true (big "if" here) and it's in front of the LexCorp building, maybe the statue is for his Bizarro clone? I have many doubts about this, but hey, we've got a lot of time to kill until we know the story.

Other visual changes I noticed are the angular lines on his torso, and how they are further apart, and reach higher than before. This will look GREAT on film, as it enhances his figure! His cuffs are changed in a similar fashion, as they are more separate from each other and aren't one big mass on the end of his sleeve. This is one of my favorite changes. His shield is a little lower and smaller this time around, and his cape seems to be a little higher at the collar. His boots do appear to have lifts/heels.
The gold and red on his shield look much shinier and brighter, and the blue seems less dull.

His buckle has the "hope" symbol on it, and one could argue that his belt might even have Kryptonian script as well. Maybe it says "if you can read this, you are too close," lol.

As for Henry's physique, he seems to be in just as good of shape this time around, if not better. His forearms look massive, and his torso is very defined. I think they might be using the same muscle molds in the suit on his arms and chest, as they look the same.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:38 PM   #995
LamboMan
Side-Kick

^^ Nice observations and points Supergrave! I'm loving the look of the 'gold' belt and shield and that writing on the belt makes it look so MOS Kryptonian.

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 07-03-2014, 02:46 PM   #996
SUPERGRAVE

^^thanks!
that's right, I completely forgot to mention the obvious shape change of the buckle, lol. Yeah, it looks like the organic nature of the first suit has been affected by his time on Earth. The rule they established in MOS was: "there are no straight lines on Krypton." That played over into his suit as well. This time around, the racing stripes on his torso are sharper and angular. The writing on the belt does help to keep it somewhat Kryptonian.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:58 PM   #997
LamboMan
Side-Kick

^^ Lol at 'racing stripes'! But yeah, they've really outdone themselves and streamlined an already great suit. The 'piping' seems to be more integrated into the suit and the color is more blue than gray which is great. Another thing I've noticed is how the material of the raised pattern itself is shining rather than the base material underneath it. In MOS it was the other way around and the shine came from the material underneath the pattern which was dull mostly.

Thoughts and observations on MOS & MORE!
Old 07-03-2014, 03:27 PM   #998
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGRAVE View Post
let me preface my comment with this: I love Zack's affinity for visuals, and he knows exactly what he's doing. but.....

He loves throwing texture on any suit he touches. Look at Watchmen, for example:

Not that I'm complaining, because I'm not in the slightest. I love everything about the new suit. It makes me laugh when I think about how we used to say "i hope his S shield has less texture to separate it from the suit," and now it has even MORE texture. Notice the line going through the thickest part of the S, and how it has a different texture on either side of it.
I also noticed that the suit itself seems to have the same texture as its first incarnation, and this makes me very happy.

It also makes me wonder why the statue had such a sharp, angular design. If the rumors are true (big "if" here) and it's in front of the LexCorp building, maybe the statue is for his Bizarro clone? I have many doubts about this, but hey, we've got a lot of time to kill until we know the story.

Other visual changes I noticed are the angular lines on his torso, and how they are further apart, and reach higher than before. This will look GREAT on film, as it enhances his figure! His cuffs are changed in a similar fashion, as they are more separate from each other and aren't one big mass on the end of his sleeve. This is one of my favorite changes. His shield is a little lower and smaller this time around, and his cape seems to be a little higher at the collar. His boots do appear to have lifts/heels.
The gold and red on his shield look much shinier and brighter, and the blue seems less dull.

His buckle has the "hope" symbol on it, and one could argue that his belt might even have Kryptonian script as well. Maybe it says "if you can read this, you are too close," lol.

As for Henry's physique, he seems to be in just as good of shape this time around, if not better. His forearms look massive, and his torso is very defined. I think they might be using the same muscle molds in the suit on his arms and chest, as they look the same.

If superman is able to change/alter his costume the it could be very possible that he was either able to retain the remains of the scout ship, or copy the liquid-geo technology to recreate his suit and other 3D objects.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:34 PM   #999
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERGRAVE View Post

Great observations! Snyder really does have a knack for attention to detail.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:49 PM   #1000
SUPERGRAVE

Yeah, I just noticed that the new suit isn't as shiny. I see what you mean about the shine coming from the pattern and not underneath! I liked Snyder's thinking with the first suit, but this is very much an improvement. Not that there was a lot to improve from the MOS suit anyhow!

Closed Thread