The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Super-World

Old 08-23-2010, 05:55 PM   #126
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDaniel View Post
Its Superman because he "simbolizes" the best humankind has to offer. He doesn`t call himself that. If somebody, any human, uses their gift for the good of mankind, he has the soul of Superman.

Plus, He always says "People call me Superman". He doesnt think of himself above people. Lex Luthor does.

Superman is different than "Superior man"....
Totally agreed.

And I always think that it's good to compare him to Batman in that way.

Batman is sending a message to criminals with his symbol. It is showing them that they aren't above the law, that they can't get away with everything scott free, and that they should be afraid.

Superman is sending a message to the people. It is showing them that there truly are good people in the world, who dedicate their lives to helping people. It is showing them that they should hope, and that miracles can happen, and that they shouldn't live in fear. That not everyone is selfish and greedy and distrusting, and they can be better than that too.

I love Lois and Clark for really pushing elements of the story where you actually see the effect Superman has on the public. If people start to see him in a bad light, they start to loose their faith. They need that untouchable image to look up too.

And the fact is, a man can do that with or without powers. Kind of like Kick Ass. You can still inspire people.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #127
Kurt Wagner
Side-Kick

This show is very outdated... I watch the pilot last night and was bored to death.

I think the best think right now for the superman franchise is to reboot this tv show. End Smallville. Do a brand new TV series that reboots the Superman franchise... maybe do 2-3 seasons... and then use the same principal actors for a feature film.

Kurt Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:08 AM   #128
LuisTX85
Z

I just got Season one at best buy a few days ago for$20!,They have a lot of $20 for DC stuff including Smallville,I can't find the rest of the seasons and did not even know it was out on DVD But I've been looking for years!.

When it first came out I was a kid,And I thought it was amazing,Now.....I realize there's much silly stuff and very questionable writing along with pretty weak/low-budget special effects even for a 90's tv show and I think Cain's Superman was not all that great from character to look.

But I think there was plenty of good moments!,I think Cain did great with the Kent part and Hatcher was an alright Lane with the rest of the cast doing amazing for White/Jimmy/Cat/Ma&Pa Kent and Luthor.

I can't agree with this series being better than Smallville at all,But I can't say that it was so horrible either!,I still have fond memories of it and I feel they did a pretty decent job with what they had,I was&am pleased as a Huge Superman fan and I will happily have it in my collection.

LuisTX85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:44 PM   #129
Superrobby

I enjoyed this tv series alot. I was one of my favorite shows to watch (when it was on the air).

Superrobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:53 AM   #130
commentking
New User - Level 0

An alley in Western Australia is about to be officially named Lois Lane ...

http://www.oneperth.com.au/2010/10/1...uperman-clerk/

How long 'til Jimmy starts sniffing around?

commentking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 01:48 AM   #131
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

I liked this a lot, but it did have some bad moments

Old 01-31-2011, 03:23 AM   #132
p4poetic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by commentking View Post
An alley in Western Australia is about to be officially named Lois Lane ...

http://www.oneperth.com.au/2010/10/1...uperman-clerk/

How long 'til Jimmy starts sniffing around?
Lol cool.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM   #133
TwilightPro101

I've started rewatching the seasons again. Season 1 still stands out as one of my favorites. Love all the undercover episodes. Particularly the one, where Lois becomes a Chorus Girl.

ScarJo IS Black Widow
TwilightPro101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #134
OutRiddled
Banned User

I used to watch this show back in the 90s. Never got the urge to watch it again. Never got into Smallville, either. I'd rather watch the Superman movies.

OutRiddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 06:55 PM   #135
bonoferox
Side-Kick

Started rewatching the series a few weeks ago. While a lot of it feels very very dated, it still has a great charm to it and was a great Superman series.

bonoferox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:54 PM   #136
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

For anyone in the Kentucky area (like me)....Dean Cain will be at the Louisville Wizard Con in March http://www.wizardworld.com/home-loui...isville%202014

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #137
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Watching this show again
The giddy smile on my face as result to that, priceless

I love the moment in the pilot episode after Jonathan Kent seeing Kal-El in suit for the first time, Jonathan and Martha both look at him as if they want to joke about how hard it will be to recognize Clark

Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #138
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

You guys should read up on the history of Lois & Clark, it's quite fascinating.

For a start, it was created to kill off the Superboy TV show and get Superman back into Warner Bros.' hands. Second, it was originally titled Lois Lane's Daily Planet, and the focus was on her more than anything else. When it eventually made it to TV, it did poorly in the ratings and was almost cancelled, so at the start of the second season more action was put into the show. This didn't help the ratings either, but then it was discovered that audiences liked the Lois/Clark sexual tension, so that became the main part of the show. Eventually constant tease of them getting together and getting married annoyed viewers. A fifth season was due to be made, but cancelled at the last minute, in part because Warners wanted another Superman movie.

Uncle Radiation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 03:31 AM   #139
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I think Dean Cain is really underrated as Clark/Superman.

Old 07-17-2014, 01:23 PM   #140
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

John Shea was pretty good as Lex Luthor, the first season was the best season of the series . Mind ya Tempest was also a downright brilliant villain in Luthor's place.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote