The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 01-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #76
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: Nostalgia Critic's Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments

I give the 90s animated series for their incarnation of Venom, as well as using the whole shuttle crash in its origin instead of the Secret Wars storyline.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #77
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon View Post
Thanks. Congratulations on your award, BTW.
Thanks man

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:01 PM   #78
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

I agree with some points but others I don't, particularly on Dafoe.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:18 PM   #79
Lord
All Mighty

I actually loved Dafoe

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #80
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I actually loved Dafoe
Raimi effectivly combined cheese with the character. He was over the top in a scary way.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:20 AM   #81
Lord
All Mighty

Agreed. Along with his new Juno review and Spider-Man old vs New i'm not as much of a Nostalgia Critic as i once was, he sometimes gives good insightful videos, but for the most part, i feel like Redlettermedia give superior reviews and have a better idea about plot and characters in film.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM   #82
Green Goblin

Quote:
Agreed. Along with his new Juno review and Spider-Man old vs New i'm not as much of a Nostalgia Critic as i once was, he sometimes gives good insightful videos, but for the most part, i feel like Redlettermedia give superior reviews and have a better idea about plot and characters in film.
Well art is subjective. What one person's idea of good plot and characters is different from another.

In terms of reviews John Campea and Robert Ebert are the best IMO. They give the good, the bad and weigh it all up. Sure I don't always agree but their open minded, and balanced approach to reviewing film is what made me like them.

Old 05-29-2014, 05:16 PM   #83
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

He'd have had a field day if he made this list after TASM 2's release.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 05:29 PM   #84
Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Joker, Y U DO DIS?!

Old 05-29-2014, 07:51 PM   #85
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
He reviewed TASM2 where he and a friend of his basically said that when they walked out of the Theatre, they felt a bit confused but at the same time felt that they liked it in a weird way.

He made Another video where he and a girl compared the old series to the new. He liked most things better in the new but agreed with the girl on some Points to the old.

Oscorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:35 PM   #86
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Well art is subjective. What one person's idea of good plot and characters is different from another.

In terms of reviews John Campea and Robert Ebert are the best IMO. They give the good, the bad and weigh it all up. Sure I don't always agree but their open minded, and balanced approach to reviewing film is what made me like them.
My problem is that NC confuses Sam Raimi's cheesy style with bad, along with other nit picks he does to other movies that don't realy drag them down, making him look a little obnoxious.

I think RLM has a good sence of what works and doesn't, Mike also worked making videos for people and editing, and it shows, NC has the problem that he doesn't realy try to improve, overusing green screen nowadays.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 07-31-2014, 05:59 AM   #87
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick

Quote:
IKR! I would PAY for their review of Raimi's trilogy, I would specially like to know that they think of SM3

Johnny-Oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 06:42 AM   #88
DX
YES! YES! YES!

RLM's Half in the Bag review of TASM2 is hilarious.

"I thought the Shocker might wanna do something else....."

It's the end of Sony as we know it and I feel GREAT!
DX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:18 AM   #89
Lord
All Mighty

They actualy seemed to like Spider-Man 3, being fans of Sam Raimi, they seem to enjoy the trilogy, Rich Evans is the only one that doesn't seem to enjoy the films as much, Jay probably likes them the most.

Either way they don't seem to think of the films as more than enjoyable, i remember Jay stating that he did consider Evil Dead 2 a work of art, but didn't seem to view the rest of Raimi's Filmography the same way.

~*SHH SIX*~

Last edited by Lord; 07-31-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:11 AM   #90
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick

Quote:
They actualy seemed to like Spider-Man 3, being fans of Sam Raimi, they seem to enjoy the trilogy, Rich Evans is the only one that doesn't seem to enjoy the films as much, Jay probably likes them the most.

Either way they don't seem to think of the films as more than enjoyable, i remember Jay stating that he did consider Evil Dead 2 a work of art, but didn't seem to view the rest of Raimi's Filmography the same way.
Well they seem to feel that way about most mainstream movies though but usually they praise movies if they manage to be more than enjoyable and Spiderman 1 and 2 manage to do that. I remember Jay that he really liked Spider-Man too, unfortunately in both TASM reviews Mike barely said anything about them although I remember he praised the first one. I love their opinions so its im glad that they very few things they said about the trilogy were positive.

They seem to be very objective which is why I like them so much more than Doug. The Old vs. New episode really pissed me off, it was extemely biased and he clearly made up his mind before he even thought about comparing the movies.

Johnny-Oh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 AM   #91
Lord
All Mighty

Agreed, his old vs new episode for the Spider-man films very very biased on Doug's tastes, and i think he confuses cheesyness as being a bad thing for those films. They probably enjoy Sam Raimi's Spider-Man films more than usual, but from their statements i think the only Raimi film they realy think goes beyond enjoyable standards is Evil Dead 2.

Rich Evans is the only one that seems to have like Raimi's films the least, mentioning how he never liked organic shooters in one of his videos and how it makes Peter look too much like a "freak". There was a video recorded around the early 2000s or so, made by one of their friends back in the day who ended up having a falling out with them, in there you can see young Mike, Jay and Rich, it was about asking various people what they though of Episode I and their interest in the Future prequel films, in there, Rich talks about not being interested in Star Wars anymore due to that, but says he has his eyes close on the Spider-Man movie, so he was probably a little disapointed in Sam Raimi's take once it came out, explaining why he wasn't as big a fan of it as Jay and Mike seemed to be.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 PM   #92
HarryOsborn
Side-Kick

I genuinely can't stand the nostalgia critic, he's so pretentious and obnoxious. I used to like him but it's like he's up on his high horse these days talking down to the audience every time he gets up on his soapbox in his editorials. RLM is much better especially the Plinkett character. The way he used the over the top drunken character to review the prequels was simply brilliant! He touched on a sensitive subject matter explaining his point intelligently, but doing so in such an extreme and belligerent character that fans of the movies won't be as shocked when he says something that may offend them.

I'd love to see him do X-Men 3 or maybe even the last 3 spider-man films!

HarryOsborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #93
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Funny enough i ain't a big fan of the raimi films but the Top 11 Dumbest Spider-Man Moments he chose are probably small to nothing flaws in my eyes

and i actually think in the old vs new he made some good points and was pretty fair with it

if he did his nostalgia critic videos for SM1 & 2 alone he would have a field day with them

Old 08-20-2014, 12:39 PM   #94
GoodYoung
Side-Kick

Critic is on point with almost everything. I wasn't really bothered with flags and special effects but he's right about Dafoe, the dialogues and MJ/Tobey romance.

GoodYoung is offline   Reply With Quote