The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: How do you rate this movie?
10- "I'm bringing the party to you" 2 6.06%
9 8 24.24%
8 7 21.21%
7 6 18.18%
6 3 9.09%
5- "I vant my bird" 2 6.06%
4 1 3.03%
3 1 3.03%
2 0 0%
1- "In a cave, with a bunch of scraps!" 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Update! What is your score for IM3?

Has your opinion changed? For me it's went from mediocre to decent (6).

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Default Re: Update! What is your score for IM3?

I still love Iron Man 3. I have a total blast watching it.

Quality wise, I'd say 9/10
Enjoyment wise? 10/10

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:35 PM   #3
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

Still an 8/10 for me.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 12:03 AM   #4
Flint Marko
Money never sleeps

As a film I'd say it's an 8/10. In terms of sheer entertainment value it's probably a 10, straight up. I have little to no problems with it when I'm watching it because it's so captivating and entertaining from start to finish, although I realize it's not a perfect movie. In order of all MCU films (all of which are above average) I'd say it ranks like this:
Avengers
Captain America 2
Iron man 3
Captain America
Iron man
Thor 2
Thor
Iron man 2
TIH

Old 06-23-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
Thoix
Side-Kick

7/10.

MCU Rankings:

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier - 9/10
2. Iron Man - 9/10
3. The Avengers - 8/10
4. Iron Man 3 - 7/10
5. Thor - 7/10
6. Captain America: The First Avenger - 7/10
7. The Incredible Hulk - 6/10
8. Thor: The Dark World - 6/10
9. Iron Man 2 - 6/10

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #6
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

6/10

I didn't like the handling of the Mandarin, Extremis Pepper, or how much time Tony spent out of the costume.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:18 PM   #7
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 is a film that I like more and more as I watch it. I didn't like it when I first saw it, probably would have gave it 2/5, but now it is probably a 3.5/5. Not an amazing film, but it grows on me.

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #8
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

7/10 for me.

While I overall enjoyed the movie, there was just too much b.s. in it(Miracle surgery, 'fixing' Pepper, suit explosions, Mandarin reveal scene) for it to be ranked any higher than a 7.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #9
SuperSanchez
Super Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
6/10

I didn't like the handling of the Mandarin, Extremis Pepper, or how much time Tony spent out of the costume.
i disagree, i loved how they did the mandarin because he was as a mysterious character to the audience as to the film characters. we assumed he was the real terrorist because we have knowledge from comics and that was killians aim. and when it was revealed we had the same reaction as the film characters. it really put you in the film i guess. as for pepper extremis, i can agree with u there, but i absouloutley disagree with how you dont like tony out of the suit. i loved how they handled that because it shows tony's potention without his armour!

SuperSanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 05:54 PM   #10
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

I don't see how so many fans didn't like Extremis Pepper; I thought it's a good way for her to become Rescue if they ever go that route. At least i's better than cyber android thing from the comics.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:58 PM   #11
webhead731
I'm a photographer

7/10. I watched it again (fourth time, last time I watched it was in theaters) and my score hasn't changed. I appreciate things in it more and it is a good movie. It just should have been the best. I hate the Mandarin twist, as funny as it is. He was a promising villain and I still love the videos he does. I also think Pepper should have died..the Extremis Pep was a bit dumb.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 07:42 PM   #12
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

My opinion hasn't changed. Still a 7. Middle of the pack in the MCU.

Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:27 AM   #13
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Still about a 3.5 for me.

I was expecting a blissful cinematic experience a la The Avengers or the first two Iron Man movies which made me feel like I was living in the movie's universe ("Yeah, Loki better back away from those controls or Coulson's about to be all up in - NOOOOOOOO!!!!!") and instead got a "message movie" that made me constantly think, "I'm watching a movie, I'm watching a movie, I'm watching a movie...ah....I see what they're trying to say here...watching a movie...."

Iron Man 1 and 2 were just so...Iron Man-y...and 3 was not.

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:33 AM   #14
Marvelocity
Side-Kick

It's targeted completely at people who didn't grow up reading the comics, which means a lot of women and children. Not surprisingly, those were the people telling me they loved it. Pretty much every Marvel fan I know hated it. I was fine with Stark being nothing like he is the comics for a while, but this was just nonsense. It's a full-blown comedy that seems to have no stakes whatsoever. Not to mention, Stark does nothing heroic the entire film. One of the best parts is when Tony saves everyone from the plane...then we find out he wasn't in the suit the entire time. So anybody could have done the same thing he did this movie.And a bus destroyed a suit that missiles can't destroy? Also, he never beat a single villain on his own in three movies. Pepper beat Stane and The Mandarin while Tony watched. He also needed Rhodey to take out Omega Red in a box. This movie is complete garbage unless you're just looking for some laughs.

Marvelocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:47 PM   #15
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelocity View Post
It's targeted completely at people who didn't grow up reading the comics, which means a lot of women and children. Not surprisingly, those were the people telling me they loved it. Pretty much every Marvel fan I know hated it. I was fine with Stark being nothing like he is the comics for a while, but this was just nonsense. It's a full-blown comedy that seems to have no stakes whatsoever. Not to mention, Stark does nothing heroic the entire film. One of the best parts is when Tony saves everyone from the plane...then we find out he wasn't in the suit the entire time. So anybody could have done the same thing he did this movie.And a bus destroyed a suit that missiles can't destroy? Also, he never beat a single villain on his own in three movies. Pepper beat Stane and The Mandarin while Tony watched. He also needed Rhodey to take out Omega Red in a box. This movie is complete garbage unless you're just looking for some laughs.
Agreed, especially on that plot hole where every successive Iron Man suit made after The Avengers can be dismantled by Extremist-fueled henchmen as well as oncoming trucks while previous and supposedly dated models could stand up against Asgardian weaponry and Alien Weapons.

I'll also add that Marvel Studios were being unreasonably cheap with this movie by avoiding to put Tony in the suit as much as possible as that meant that they had to spend money.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 02:30 PM   #16
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

9/10. Still my favourite, and I think best written, MS film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Agreed, especially on that plot hole where every successive Iron Man suit made after The Avengers can be dismantled by Extremist-fueled henchmen as well as oncoming trucks while previous and supposedly dated models could stand up against Asgardian weaponry and Alien Weapons.
Uhh, Thor was crushing the Mark VI with his bare hands and face, and he wasn't remotely going all out. I wouldn't exactly call that "standing up" to him.

Regardless, all those suits being taken apart by super-strong, super-heated bad guys (3,000 degrees was the temperature given, more than enough to compromise the integrity of the suits), were suits which he built during the insomnia/PTSD fevered months after New York. The sheer amount in such a short amount of time point to a lot of them being non-finalised Prototypes, like the Mk 42, so them potentially being a bit weaker than previous suits is no problem for me ,it actually makes sense.

Also, I think you're being quite disingenuous there. "every successive Iron Man suit made after The Avengers" wasn't dismantled by an oncoming truck. That was the Mk 42, and is specifically down to how it's built and functions (in individual pieces). The same thing happens to it at the very start of the film when Tony is testing it:

"I'm the best" *Wham* last piece zooms in and knocks it apart, and Tony on his ass.

Quote:
I'll also add that Marvel Studios were being unreasonably cheap with this movie by avoiding to put Tony in the suit as much as possible as that meant that they had to spend money.
The budget was $200m, same as IM2, $50m more than IM1. Tony was out of the suit as much as he was because that was important to the story that was being told and the point being made about Iron Man. But I guess some people just want to see some s*** blow up more than they want actual character development so, whatever.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...

Last edited by Moridin; 08-03-2014 at 02:57 PM.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #17
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
The budget was $200m, same as IM2, $50m more than IM1. Tony was out of the suit as much as he was because that was important to the story that was being told and the point being made about Iron Man. But I guess some people just want to see some s*** blow up more than they want actual character development so, whatever.
The story was designed to fit the direction. They wanted to create a story whereby Tony doesn't wear the suit for a good 80-90% of the film as putting him in the suit means that they have to spend money. It's like why they won't give the Transformers the right amount of screentime in their movies and why human characters get more screentime. It's all due to studios being fickle with their money all resulting in unhappy fans who just want to see their favourite character actually on the big screen. People wanted to see Iron Man not Regular Man. Can't you have character development with Tony wearing the suit more in the film? I'm sure that isn't too much to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
I don't see how so many fans didn't like Extremis Pepper; I thought it's a good way for her to become Rescue if they ever go that route. At least i's better than cyber android thing from the comics.
It's because she saved the day in Tony's own movie.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 10:25 AM   #18
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

I watched it again recently and I still think this movie stinks for the most part. The Mandarin situation was just so incredibly stupid that I almost walked out of the theater when Ben Kingsley started his Trevor Slatery routine. He was horrendous, that whole situation was horrendous and it still baffles me that it made it past post production. I realize the movie made tons of money and alot of people like it but I just don't understand how anyone thought that bait and switch was even remotely a good idea. Pepper saving Tony at the end was another ridiculous idea that came off as nothing but cheesy and contrived. Same thing with the kid becoming Tony's sidekick. The whole movie was filled with stupid ideas that I'm shocked made it into the movie. But I guess you can't argue with results, it made a killing at the Box Office so apparently I'm in the minority.

The PTSD storyline was OK, the scene where they attack Tony's house was solid, the scene where they attacked Air Force 1 and kidnapped the President was solid, some of the scenes at the end with the Iron Man drones were OK and Robert Downey Jr. was still Robert Downey Jr. but it just wasn't enough to save it from the completely stupid storylines. Basically the action scenes were solid but the plot/storylines were just flat out awful IMO.

This is one of Marvel's worst movies, I like most of their movies but this movie was just a really disappointing movie in almost every way. It sucks because each Iron Man movie got progressively worse after starting out with one of my favorite comic book movies ever, Iron Man 1 was very good but it was just down hill from there.

Old 08-09-2014, 08:58 AM   #19
FrozenBanana00
Side-Kick

I'd give it 8/10

I really enjoyed it. I liked seeing a whole other side to Tony besides his witty and confident side. I liked when Pepper kicked ass. She's not the usual damsel in distress that needs to be rescued. She can hold her own. I don't think it matters that Tony wasn't the one with the final blow. If you think about it, he never actually killed any of the villains in the previous two movies. They always died of their own accord. Killian was the only exception where he was actually killed by someone. But again, Tony has never killed any of the precious bad guys.

FrozenBanana00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 07:20 PM   #20
Steamteck
Side-Kick

I'm still furious just thinking about it. Broke my faith in Marvel for awhile. I'd like to just pretend it didn't exist. By far my least favorite modern comic book movie.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:54 PM   #21
jihado86
Newbie First Class

first time I saw it, gave it 5/10, 2nd time 7/10.
but still the least of Marvel.

jihado86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:57 PM   #22
Damage11
Side-Kick

8/10 and holding steady. It took a lot of guts for them to pull off what they did with the Mandarin.

Damage11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #23
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

6 on a bad day, 7 on a good

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:23 AM   #24
TeeKay
Side-Kick

8/10 Still one of the better MCU films for me.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 11:39 AM   #25
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

10/10 for me, I have not been disappointed by any of the three Iron Man films. I have spoken to several Marvel fans who liked the film and still do, the only real hate I hear is on here, but I do not put a lot of stock in online forums, a large portion will find something to nit pic about and hate, so its a personal preference when it comes to movies, some like then some don't, I happened to really like this film, and still very much do.