The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 06-11-2014, 04:37 PM   #1
the last son
Side-Kick

Default New Movie Villain

Similar to Arkham Knight in the video games how would you all feel about Batman potentially facing a made up villain in the next solo film. Just to shake things up what if they created a new one. I'm sure everyone would be on board with this as long as it's a good movie. I wouldn't mind it. Have it be an extreme Batman detective movie where you explore the new villain as much as Batman. I know it sounds similar to Arkham Knight, but I have a feeling that'll be lame and I don't want the villain to look just look Batman. I know Batman has plenty of villains to choose from, but wouldn't hurt right?

the last son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 PM   #2
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Default Re: New Movie Villain

Yeah if it's written good and executed well then I wouldn't go against it. Example would be Harley Quinn - from animated series gotten into comics because fitted in the any Batman world. Now she's loved by fans.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:48 PM   #3
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

I feel the same way as Two-Face, though I think there are many other hero's that need a new villain more than Batman. He has by far the best and deepest Rouge's Gallery IMO.

DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
TheSpectacular
Geronimo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOBSON10 View Post
I feel the same way as Two-Face, though I think there are many other hero's that need a new villain more than Batman. He has by far the best and deepest Rouge's Gallery IMO.
By DC by far and overall he's only rivaled by Spider-Man in that area.

As for the new movie villain, I think Mr. Freeze is in need of cinematic redemption and I'm always in the mood for some scarecrow.

Guardians of the Galaxy- ?/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron View Post
No strings on me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
There's no easy way to say this......I'm pregnant Trevor
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:35 AM   #5
Rorschach2012
$

i have a better idea. bring back rachel dawes as a villain.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 AM   #6
The Villain
Side-Kick

I would like to see a modern take on Mad Hatter. Its been debated many times what version can be scripted. I would like the techno genius side explored. Mind control maybe similar to Scarecrows hallucination plot but on a bigger scale.

I can see Mad Hatter and some other villain The Penguin or Black Mask as possible ideas.

Black Mask & Mad Hatter.

As for made up villain i will pick one odd choice from the 60s tv series and that is Bookworm. That count?

The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #7
shauner111
Side-Kick

Ill never stop saying this but i hate the Mad Hatter. A reference in Arkham would be fine but i dont EVER want to see him as a main/supporting villain in a movie.

We've seen mind control: Batman Forever. The only way to make him creepy is if you make him an abductor of children like how he's portrayed in recent years. And that won't happen. Too risky for the studio.

Hugo Strange and Black Mask are probably the only ones i would look forward to. Of course Harley Quinn and a Brian Azarello-esque Killer Croc would be cool as smaller characters.

shauner111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:57 PM   #8
DOBSON10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Ill never stop saying this but i hate the Mad Hatter. A reference in Arkham would be fine but i dont EVER want to see him as a main/supporting villain in a movie.
Agreed. Mad Hatter, Hugo Strange (sorry I know you just mentioned him) and Bat-Mite do nothing for me, don't like any of them and wouldn't want to see a movie wasted on any of them. Just so many Batman rouges that are better than them, tons of choices to choose from.

But again, there are a ton of hero's that could use a brand new villain, just don't think Batman is one of them, he has plenty of good ones to choose from. For example, every member of the Avengers could use a new villain nemesis, none of their rouges are all that great to me. (Not a Marvel hater, just my honest opinion). I think Flash and Green Arrow could use a new villain as well, Flash's aren't that impressive to me and Arrow basically doesn't have any good rouges that aren't borrowed from another hero.

Last edited by DOBSON10; Yesterday at 04:04 PM.
DOBSON10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:57 PM   #9
shauner111
Side-Kick

I feel the same about the traditional take on Croc and Man-Bat. Clayface is interesting at times, other times not so much.

I do agree that there are many villains that are better than Strange, but IMO they have been used already. I find the character interesting depending on who is writing him.

I agree about Flash and Green Lantern too. I dont like any of their rogues. That's why i would rather see them involved in a Justice League only.

Old Today, 05:12 AM   #10
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

There are plenty of classic villains from Batman's rogue's gallery that have yet to be given a proper film treatment. I'd rather we go with one of them than a whole new character.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #11
shauner111
Side-Kick

I still want to see proper takes on Penguin and Freeze, as well as another Joker before we get new villains that haven't been used yet.

Joker: only because Affleck's Batman won't feel as definitive without him. West had Romero, Keaton had Nicholson (you can say Kilmer/Clooney were recasts), Bale had Ledger. So Ben deserves his arch-rival.

Like i said, my picks are Strange and Black Mask. But i find Cobblepot is more classic, more original of a gangster than Sionis. And we've seen the psychiatrist (Crane) who experiments on patients in Arkham. So they can wait a little while. We've also seen enough shape-shifting characters like Clayface and will continue to see them in comic book movies. I dont think that character will go over well with the general audience either. If there's going to be one Batfleck movie, the creators of that project won't want to waste it on an unknown like Clayface, for the risk of it coming off silly. It's the same with Man-Bat, and we've seen a similar character in Dr. Connors. Speaking of Conners...Lizard is a little too much like Croc. If you're making him more grounded, then we've seen that muscle bound villain with Bane already. In the sewers too.

I think it's time to tell the older Joker story. And feature proper versions of Riddler/Penguin/Freeze.

Last edited by shauner111; Today at 09:14 AM.