The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 07-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #276
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

If they can change things up and not keep doing the same thing with him, then of course they should bring him back for future films. This idea that a story "isn't complete" if the villain returns later on is nonsense. Loki's story was done at the end of Thor. His appearances in TA and TDW were two DIFFERENT stories that involved the same character. That's an important distinction to make. There's no reason why they cannot do something like that with Apocalypse (they've already done it with Magneto and Stryker after all).

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:24 PM   #277
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
If they can change things up and not keep doing the same thing with him, then of course they should bring him back for future films. This idea that a story "isn't complete" if the villain returns later on is nonsense. Loki's story was done at the end of Thor. His appearances in TA and TDW were two DIFFERENT stories that involved the same character. That's an important distinction to make. There's no reason why they cannot do something like that with Apocalypse (they've already done it with Magneto and Stryker after all).
I'm sorry, I don't think I've heard anyone say that. Not. One. Person. I've said on numerous times that he should be built up and not just a one and done villian. He could have a self contained story in one movie but for the X-men's be all baddie, that's kind of a huge let down. Where do you go from here? That's all I was saying.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Docker2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #278
xrs13
Cold as ice

The idea that Apocalypse is the X-Men's be all villain is also a bit strange to me :S. The Avengers have been bigger villains that apocalypse in recent years > . There are hundreds of villains they can use that are huge in the XWorld. Sinister, Selene, Shadow King, a reformed inner circle, also now there is no need for xavier to be in his siblings body, cassandra nova. The Shi'ar, brood, onslaught, and a really interesting possibility would be proteus if they want moira back. And with the House of M filling out nicely, The Scarlet Witch.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 09:18 PM   #279
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
The very best movies in history all told a single story -- 150 minutes is plenty of time if the writing and directing are good.
While that is true DA, most of those movies I imagine are not based on something that has decades of history to pull from. I don't doubt they can make a great one and done movie with Apoc, but Docker2.0 is right in that Apoc deserves more. If they beat him in the 80's and lets just say the next X film takes place in the 90s, they don't have a ton of options for villains that can outdo him in the threat department.

I'm not suggesting he needs a full trilogy but if he's only going to be in one film, hopefully he's not shortchanged and we see his full potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
The idea that Apocalypse is the X-Men's be all villain is also a bit strange to me :S. The Avengers have been bigger villains that apocalypse in recent years > . There are hundreds of villains they can use that are huge in the XWorld. Sinister, Selene, Shadow King, a reformed inner circle, also now there is no need for xavier to be in his siblings body, cassandra nova. The Shi'ar, brood, onslaught, and a really interesting possibility would be proteus if they want moira back. And with the House of M filling out nicely, The Scarlet Witch.
Some of those threats would be ok to use after Apoc but not many. Shadowking, Sinister, Selene, Inner Circle? I don't see them being as big of a problem or threat as Apocalypse. Apocalypse is so damn powerful that he's the X-men's Thanos/Darkseid, as Docker already mentioned.

Last edited by Figs; 07-13-2014 at 09:23 PM.
Figs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:10 PM   #280
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
While that is true DA, most of those movies I imagine are not based on something that has decades of history to pull from. I don't doubt they can make a great one and done movie with Apoc, but Docker2.0 is right in that Apoc deserves more. If they beat him in the 80's and lets just say the next X film takes place in the 90s, they don't have a ton of options for villains that can outdo him in the threat department.

I'm not suggesting he needs a full trilogy but if he's only going to be in one film, hopefully he's not shortchanged and we see his full potential.

Some of those threats would be ok to use after Apoc but not many. Shadowking, Sinister, Selene, Inner Circle? I don't see them being as big of a problem or threat as Apocalypse. Apocalypse is so damn powerful that he's the X-men's Thanos/Darkseid, as Docker already mentioned.
X infinity!!

Old 07-13-2014, 10:20 PM   #281
Loki882
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
I'm sorry, I don't think I've heard anyone say that. Not. One. Person. I've said on numerous times that he should be built up and not just a one and done villian. He could have a self contained story in one movie but for the X-men's be all baddie, that's kind of a huge let down. Where do you go from here? That's all I was saying.
You clearly misunderstood my point. I was mostly responding to DA Champion's posts about Apocalypse being one and done. I was AGREEING with you.

Old 07-13-2014, 10:24 PM   #282
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
You clearly misunderstood my point. I was mostly responding to DA Champion's posts about Apocalypse being one and done. I was AGREEING with you.
I got that now. Sorry bro. I had a bad day at work.

Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 PM   #283
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I also don't think Apocalypse is the X-Men's be all villain, but in the movie verse, they could make him appear like that but this franchise has like 3 to 5 films to go after a reboot. Who knows if there will be one. So yes, there are a lot of villains that they can use in the future movies other than Apocalypse. Omega Red, Spiral, Mojo, Shadow King, Onslaught, Aliens, Sinister.... who could also make a big impact to the X-Men.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:03 PM   #284
P Supreme
Side-Kick

I would love to see Omega Red in an X-men movie

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:44 PM   #285
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I also don't think Apocalypse is the X-Men's be all villain, but in the movie verse, they could make him appear like that but this franchise has like 3 to 5 films to go after a reboot. Who knows if there will be one. So yes, there are a lot of villains that they can use in the future movies other than Apocalypse. Omega Red, Spiral, Mojo, Shadow King, Onslaught, Aliens, Sinister.... who could also make a big impact to the X-Men.
Well think about it, who is then? Even in the cartoons from the 90's, he was their Darkseid and they never really beat him, he just seemed to leave and come back when he felt like it. Sinister, Omega Red, Mojo, etc are great villians but Apocalypse seems above those guys. None of those guys have a chance against him and if I'm not mistaken, didn't he change Sinister to the guy we know now?

Old 07-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #286
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well think about it, who is then? Even in the cartoons from the 90's, he was their Darkseid and they never really beat him, he just seemed to leave and come back when he felt like it. Sinister, Omega Red, Mojo, etc are great villians but Apocalypse seems above those guys. None of those guys have a chance against him and if I'm not mistaken, didn't he change Sinister to the guy we know now?
Well that's one way of looking and it seems most seem to view Apocalypse that way but the cartoons aren't canon. If you look at Apocalypse's early appearances, I definitely don't see him as the BIG bad. As for his relationship with Sinister...I feel like they tried to make Apocalypse's back story bigger after popularity in the character increased.

Apocalypse appeared in the Early issues of X-Factor with the Alliance of Evil. He was defeated.

He returned with the 4 Horseman and was defeated.

He returned with the Dark Riders and kidnapped nathan christopher summers. He was "killed" by Cyclops.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
He returned during the X-Cutioner's song. He was defeated by Stryfe and later killed by the Dark Riders.

Age of Apocalypse reality was created. He had nothing to do with the events that caused this reality. He was killed by Magneto in this timeline.

As far as accomplishments as a villain prior to his appearances in XTAS..I only really see the transformation of Angel to Archangel and infecting nathan christopher summers with the techno organic virus.

Compare to Sinister:
Responsible for Mutant Massacre where several X-Men were injured and led to the rearranging of teams. It also gave us the first battle between Wolverine and Sabretooth.

Sinister created the Goblin Queen which gave rise to the birth of Nathan Christopher Summers. Sinister took on X-Men and X-Factor with ease until Cyclops stepped up. The X-Mansion was destroyed.

In the X-Cutioner's song Sinister manipulated the 4 Horseman who he used to capture Cyclops and Jean Grey by posing as Apocalypse.

Stryfe:
Shot Professor X.
Created Mutant Legacy Virus.

Magneto:
Created Asteroid M.
He actually has defeated/captured the X-Men on several occasions.
He's acted as a leader for the X-Men and New Mutants.
Ripped the Adamantium from Wolverine's skeleton.
Led the X-Men in AoA. Killed Apocalypse in 1 vs 1 combat.

Mystique:
Orchestrated assassination plot that would lead to the Days of Future Past alternate future.

Last edited by Legion; 07-14-2014 at 05:39 PM.
Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #287
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

C'mon Legion! The guy's name is Apocalypse! If that isn't a big bad guy type of name, I don't know what is.

Old 07-14-2014, 08:29 PM   #288
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Marvel 616 is maddeningly inconsistent with power levels.

Many fans idea of Apocalypse's power level is most likely due to TAS depiction of him. It was his most consistent, convincing, terrifying capable display.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:02 AM   #289
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
The way I see a "be-all villain" is the villain that ends it all, meaning he would be the last big villain we would ever see battle the X-Men and I just think with this franchise, Apocalypse won't be that "be all villain".

And like someone said, he has beaten a lot of times in the comic-books so I don't really see him "the be-all villain" even in the comic-books.

Old 07-15-2014, 06:31 AM   #290
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico Jones View Post
He'll probably be motion captured like Ultron.
I'm willing to bet he'll be a normal sized guy in face paint one. The final design will probably be similar to that after credit sequence and be far removed from his traditional look in the comics.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 07-15-2014 at 06:35 AM.
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #291
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Marvel 616 is maddeningly inconsistent with power levels.

Many fans idea of Apocalypse's power level is most likely due to TAS depiction of him. It was his most consistent, convincing, terrifying capable display.
That's because Apocalypse is one of Marvel biggest jobbers. From his power set, he should be able to regularly trash all the X-Men except the strongest ones, and would be more of an Avengers-level threat. But either due to incompetence or "bad guy defeats", he never shows the amount of power he has the potential for.

Apocalypse isn't the X-Men be-all-end-all villain, but he could be if he remembered what he's capable of. I wouldn't mind if Singer's Apocalypse was more competent than his comic counterpart.

Old 07-15-2014, 10:09 AM   #292
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think even Selene is more powerful than him, ain't she?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:16 AM   #293
xrs13
Cold as ice

Well if Necrosha is anything to go by she is ridic.

Cometh the Apocalypse
and the merry Horsemen
War: Sinister, Death: Wolverine,
Pestilence: Mystique, Famine: Storm before Xavier

xrs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #294
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Anyone know what comic it was that the Avengers went up against Apocalypse? Thor? Loki?

Old 07-15-2014, 10:50 PM   #295
Sithborg
Side-Kick

I know there was a little scene in the Blood of Apocalypse storyline (terrible story). I think some of the Horsemen had cross overs during the initial Horsemen story (Famine in Captain America is the only one I'm sure of). Sadly, Apocalypse hasn't really been a good villain since the Age of Apocalypse (though Apocalypse vs Dracula was fun).

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 11:42 PM   #296
Loki882
Side-Kick

Just because he's of a certain power level in the comics does not mean that he has to be that way in the films. They could easily boost his power levels in the film and make him the X-Men's equivalent of Darkseid or Thanos. Given that Singer has mentioned "Roland Emmerich" levels of destruction in the movie, and even called X-Men: Apocalypse a "disaster movie" I'm willing to be that this will be the case.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #297
Dr. Thanos
Your Family Doctor

Quote:
Just because he's of a certain power level in the comics does not mean that he has to be that way in the films. They could easily boost his power levels in the film and make him the X-Men's equivalent of Darkseid or Thanos. Given that Singer has mentioned "Roland Emmerich" levels of destruction in the movie, and even called X-Men: Apocalypse a "disaster movie" I'm willing to be that this will be the case.
It's the most likely outcome, if they really want Apocalypse to be impressive on screen. Like I said, Pocky doesn't really need a boost in power as much as he needs a boost in competence - and that would be fairly simple for Singer and co. to do.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #298
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'd be fine with them going with the Ultimate version regarding looks and powers.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 07:49 PM   #299
Malik
Side-Kick

Yes, He has kinda an outdated look so I'd like the ultimate version route, they could even get the rock, just give him grey skin and wala

Old 07-21-2014, 01:07 AM   #300
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The Ultimate version, (visually) looks good! Anyway, X-Men Legends 2 has a similar look to it.