The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #176
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
I can't wait until AOU wraps filming so that Chris can regrow the Beard of Hotness. The world is a sadder place with that glorious beard.
Won't he have to start filming Cap 3 right after AoU finishes? With Cap returning to the screen in 2016 (YAY ), we'll have seen Cap for 6 years straight.

2011: Captain America: The First Avenger
2012: The Avengers
2013: Cameo in Thor: The Dark World
2014: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron
2016: Captain America 3

And with TWS, his popularity is just now burgeoning with the GA. I'd love for Evans to renew his contract with Marvel and keep making Cap movies for the next decade, but if he hangs up the shield after Avengers 3, he's given us a great run of Captain America....

No matter who plays Cap in the future, Evans will always be THE Cap.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:34 PM   #177
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Default Re: "The Price Of Freedom Is High." The Chris Evans/Captain America Thread

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #178
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

http://bostonherald.com/entertainmen..._america_to_no

Video on page (not directly linkable) of interview with Chris saying as long as there's creativity and variety with the plot and character he can see himself playing Cap "forever" contrary to earlier reports and what Liz Smith currently believes.

Oh and how cute is Liz Smith, venerable celebrity columnist, loving this film - age 91

Quote:
"LOOK, I'm 95. I'm not dead!"

That's what Chris Evans, aka Captain America, quips at one point during the fabulous "Captain America: The Winter Soldier." And I'm not the only one who thinks this movie is the greatest. It's been number one at the box office for three weeks in a row.

Whenever I write about one of these action movies, based on comic book characters, I inevitably receive a few emails from what are called "fan boys" (but this includes interested ladies, too.) They lecture me on what I don't know about the history of Batman or Superman or Spider-Man or any of the X-Men, etc. And it's true. I've never read a Marvel or Action comic. I was too busy reading Modern Screen, where I eventually started working in show biz. (Movie stars were kind of like comic book characters in a way!) I know what I know about action heroes from their movie incarnations.

And what I know about "The Winter Soldier" is that experts say it is one of the very best action films based on a comic book character ever made. It doesn't even need the comic book trappings. The movie stands alone as a twisty, exciting, thought-provoking thriller, in which our hero -- who was transformed from a nerd to a dynamo of strength during World War II -- has to redefine his role in the universe and ponder what his country does and what it expects of him. (You will be inevitably reminded of recent NSA proclivities.)

Everyone -- including an excellent Robert Redford -- performs beyond usual expectations of the genre. These actors include Samuel L. Jackson, Sebastian Stan and Scarlett Johansson (luscious as Black Widow). But it is Chris Evans who really holds the thing together. He just has ... something. I can't think of another actor who could be so convincing, so sincere, so, well -- All-American! Captain America is an iconic role, but Evans manages just the right amount of humor, humility and in this one, a rather touching disillusionment.

The fight scenes, the "action," are spectacular. Nobody looking for that alone could possibly complain. But the other side of it, the conspiracy/thriller side; that's unique, almost 007-ish.

I hope Evans reconsiders retiring from movies. He has created something truly special in Captain America. And if a subsequent film could maintain the quality of "Winter Soldier," Evans might be well-compensated enough, financially and as an artist, to stall his retreat from celebrity.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:34 AM   #179
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
http://bostonherald.com/entertainmen..._america_to_no

Video on page (not directly linkable) of interview with Chris saying as long as there's creativity and variety with the plot and character he can see himself playing Cap "forever" contrary to earlier reports and what Liz Smith currently believes.

Oh and how cute is Liz Smith, venerable celebrity columnist, loving this film - age 91
That is a nice little video, not just because Chris still had the Beard of Hotness. He has said in other interviews that he might keep doing Marvel films for a while, which will make every fan happy. The fact that Marvel makes quality films is what makes Chris happy, which is understandable given the regrets he has expressed over some of the disappointing movies he has been in. I've got my fingers crossed that he will decide to renew his contract like RDJ did after AOU/Cap3. Chris is only 33. He can play Steve Rogers for years yet.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:58 PM   #180
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That is a nice little video, not just because Chris still had the Beard of Hotness. He has said in other interviews that he might keep doing Marvel films for a while, which will make every fan happy. The fact that Marvel makes quality films is what makes Chris happy, which is understandable given the regrets he has expressed over some of the disappointing movies he has been in. I've got my fingers crossed that he will decide to renew his contract like RDJ did after AOU/Cap3. Chris is only 33. He can play Steve Rogers for years yet.
Considering the fact that RDJ is still playing Iron Man even though he's 50, I agree that at 33 Evans is way too young to be thinking about retiring from acting, especially since I think TWS is probably his highest-grossing movie where he is the headlining star. I think his career hasn't reached its apex yet and could go even higher later.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:51 PM   #181
Raiden

My Interview with Captain America Himself, Mr. Chris Evans #CaptainAmericaEvent

Very cool interview by a blogger.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-26-2014, 04:12 AM   #182
yllum
Side-Kick

From what we have heard so far, CAP 3 will have steve looking for bucky.
if that is the case steve won't be needing a new suit. In fact he doesn't even need a suit to be looking for bucky. He is not longer working for shield. hence no need for uniform.

I think we may only get 1 cap suit in CAP 3 ( for final battle ). we get at least 2 variation of cap suit per movie so far though

what you guys think?

yllum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:47 AM   #183
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
From what we have heard so far, CAP 3 will have steve looking for bucky.
if that is the case steve won't be needing a new suit. In fact he doesn't even need a suit to be looking for bucky. He is not longer working for shield. hence no need for uniform.

I think we may only get 1 cap suit in CAP 3 ( for final battle ). we get at least 2 variation of cap suit per movie so far though

what you guys think?
Steve is getting a new suit for AOU, though it isn't radically different from his WWII replica uniform in TWS. For the search for Bucky, I would think that he would go back to that vintage uniform because he wants to connect with his old friend by jogging his memory. Steve will want to look the way he did when they fought together during the war.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #184
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

From a comic book panel to live action film

Old 05-04-2014, 02:55 PM   #185
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

I was impressed by all the different ways the directors and screenwriters found to use Cap's shield. For such a simple device it had offensive, defensive, and general utilitarian purposes throughout the film.

It was cool how Cap informed SHIELD's staff what was going on and let them handle it. That reminded me of TDK, I mean how ordinary citizens are depicted stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing. It really fleshes out the world and shows why the hero is willing to sacrifice himself for the public.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #186
Xhexania
Side-Kick

So, I didnt see a thread for Chris Evans in the Celebs section, so Im posting it here... this movie should had been released in US already, it took long but a year later it is finally coming out, if anyone is curious, here is the band red trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXm_Wx4Vq_o

(X)

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:53 PM   #187
Raiden

http://instagram.com/p/oEM-_IF69x/

Last edited by Raiden; 05-16-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #188
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Old 06-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #189
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Captain America - From The First Avenger to Age Of Ultron

Old 07-08-2014, 10:19 AM   #190
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chri...ning-plan.html

I'm exhausted just reading this.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 PM   #191
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Iron Man, Ultron & Captain America

Cap & Thor in Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 07-16-2014 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:27 AM   #192
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I would love it if he kept playing Cap. But eventually he'll get tired of it and i'm glad that the Falcon could potentially take over when that happens.

Old 07-17-2014, 08:29 AM   #193
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I rather Bucky as the next Cap!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:46 PM   #194
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Cap's Super soldier fighting style
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!: