The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 07-15-2014, 03:26 PM   #476
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

I'm rewatching SM1 right now, and I think it holds up nicely.

Sure it may be cheesy at times and there's a couple of scenes with dodgy cgi, but it's great.

Sent a few PMs asking if he was dead, and he's yet to reply. Either he's mad at me, or he's dead.
Former Leader of the SHH20, current Lackey
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:18 PM   #477
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

Yeah but even the all time classics from decades ago have dodgy looking fx.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:06 PM   #478
Leenie
Make Up!

I know that outdated special effects bother some people (I actually know a few people who can't sit through movies like the original King Kong or the Ray Harryhausen films because of the effects), but it has never bothered me a bit. Movies age; that's just something that happens no matter what. It's the characters and the story that matter most, and that's why I believe Spider-Man 1 holds up insanely well. It's my favorite superhero origin film, along with the first Iron Man.

I know lots of people complain about some of the CGI in the first Spidey movie, and yeah, I get it. I just feel very "meh" about it. I couldn't care less about whether a movie feels dated or not.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #479
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

I think the really oustanding thing about SM1 was the characters. Fortunately no amount of time will devalue that!

BRAB's Quote of the Week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I've seen enough cartoons to know this photo will have a bad ending.
BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:00 PM   #480
Spider-knight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

the cgi still looks well. it's just that the dialogue is just so bad even the cheesiest one mj gave during the ending which was ruined thanks to what she just said

Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:07 PM   #481
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

What cheesy line did MJ give at the end?

- The Joker
Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 PM   #482
Spider-knight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

just watch the ending because i'm glad i partly couldn't memorize it word for word but the one cheesy line in that godawful dialogue was "just friends ?"

Last edited by Spider-knight; 07-16-2014 at 03:30 PM. Reason: needed to fix something
Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #483
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

What's wrong with saying "Just friends?". I mean what's so cheesy about it?

- The Joker
Old 07-16-2014, 04:53 PM   #484
Leenie
Make Up!

I thought that dialogue at the end between Peter and MJ was fantastic, as it explained exactly why Mary Jane fell for him. From MJ's confession of love to Peter, to Peter painfully turning her down worked perfectly for me. It actually makes Mary Jane's speech at the end of Spider-Man 2 even more heartfelt as well, in my opinion.

"I want you to know, that I will always be there for you; I will always be there to take care of you. I promise you that. I will always be your friend."

"Only a friend, Peter Parker?"

"That's all I have to give ..."

And this dialogue happened while Peter was fighting his inner thoughts of "All I wanted was to tell her how much I loved her." It really makes me feel for these two kids, and it makes me root for them!

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 AM   #485
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I can only wonder where SDCC Pride got this from? Seems Raimi's Spider-Man is still relevant after all.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...onpride-issue/

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:16 AM   #486
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I can only wonder where SDCC Pride got this from? Seems Raimi's Spider-Man is still relevant after all.

lol I love spider man and batman and I never would have thought I would see this

spiderman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 12:13 AM   #487
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Watched Spider-Man 2 again, first time in a while.

Truly a magnificent movie. If anything, it's under-rated. I love how they build up the pain Peter has to go through, he cops it from all angles. And how NYC goes to the dogs when he's absent. It makes for a rewarding finale when MJ discovers the truth.

Responsibility is always at the back of his mind, and he finds it hard to turn off. He's always checking if he's wearing his Spidey suit when something bad is happening. I like how this shows Peter is a hero, with or without powers - say in comparison to Clark Kent in Superman II. Without powers, Peter rushes into a burning building (a nice contrast to the 2002 movie) and saves a child's life. When he hears a man died on the fourth floor, he realises it's time to up the stakes and try to bring his powers back. Because as Spidey, he could've saved that guy too.

So indeed, still the best film in the franchise. If he did just one, Raimi's legacy with the character would have been assured just with this.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 03:04 AM   #488
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:

This picture would have made more sense if they used George Clooney's Batman.

Nardz937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:23 AM   #489
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Old 07-19-2014, 01:52 PM   #490
Andrew Lucas
I'm Luke

I rewatched every Spider-man from the past trilogy and damn I forgot how good they are,SM1 still holds the best Raimi Spidey for me even having that now incredible CGI.

I even started to somehow enjoy SM3 after years of hating and ignoring it,I just don't take it too seriously, Franco was the best thing about it,but even that couldn't save the movie as a whole.

Andrew Marley?
(Or Bob Lucas)
F@$! yeah Emma Stone!
Reinstated SHH20 member.
Andrew Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:37 PM   #491
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
the cgi still looks well. it's just that the dialogue is just so bad even the cheesiest one mj gave during the ending which was ruined thanks to what she just said
Whenever someone throws this complaint on dialogue I simply imagine eating cheesy nachos
What the heck does cheesy even mean? Whenever I see it on the internet it's just someone saying "I don't like that bit". Is that what it's supposed to mean?

I like the dialogue in the end scene

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:08 PM   #492
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Whenever someone throws this complaint on dialogue I simply imagine eating cheesy nachos
What the heck does cheesy even mean? Whenever I see it on the internet it's just someone saying "I don't like that bit". Is that what it's supposed to mean?

I like the dialogue in the end scene

I think when people say cheesy they mean silly funny when it shouldn't be. I find it really funny because people say that asm2 is cheesy and I think sm 1-3 are way more cheesy then asm2.

Old 07-21-2014, 11:33 PM   #493
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

Ah, no.

The line "it's my birthday, tIME TO LIGHT MY CANDLESS!!1111!"

is way more cheesy than anything in Raimi's trilogy...and not in a good way.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 11:34 PM   #494
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

The sad truth. lol

Old 07-21-2014, 11:35 PM   #495
OriginalMiles
Goblin

All the Spidey movies have some cheese. That's not a bad thing. However, when there's too much cheesiness, then we have a problem.

Sent a few PMs asking if he was dead, and he's yet to reply. Either he's mad at me, or he's dead.
Former Leader of the SHH20, current Lackey
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 AM   #496
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ah, no.

The line "it's my birthday, tIME TO LIGHT MY CANDLESS!!1111!"

is way more cheesy than anything in Raimi's trilogy...and not in a good way.
That was very chessy and when he is talking to him self in his apartment but I found the peter eating cookies in sm 3 more chessy plus that was really the only chessy things asm2 where sm 1-3 had sever chessy things in eatch one. Mr freeze in batman and robin had a lot of one lines and was very chessy and people act like electro had twice has many chessy lines has mr frezze and he had way less then frezze really.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:14 AM   #497
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMiles View Post
All the Spidey movies have some cheese. That's not a bad thing. However, when there's too much cheesiness, then we have a problem.
Agree and I found sm3 to have the most cheese but still that wasn't really the problem with the movie the problem was to much going on and venom dieying after only being in the movie for the last like 30 minutes.

Old 07-22-2014, 01:22 AM   #498
Spider-Aziz
Time to Move on

Don't derail the discussion, this is a Raimi Spider-Man exclusive club

I don't consider the cookies bit cheesy, it's the alien's defense mechanism preventing the host organism from knowing what is on him does to him

Please tell me how you think it could have been less cheesy

Fan of classic comics? Join here
- ran by great folks
Spider-Aziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 02:23 AM   #499
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Don't derail the discussion, this is a Raimi Spider-Man exclusive club

I don't consider the cookies bit cheesy, it's the alien's defense mechanism preventing the host organism from knowing what is on him does to him

Please tell me how you think it could have been less cheesy
I love the rami sm movie I just fell like asm2 Is getting unfair creatisim and that it is by far the second best sm movie behid just sm2. I don't think we have had a bad sm movie yet though. While the cookies thing I found chessy and the dancing stuff with peter I still injoy the movie its just sm3 looked like it was going to be even better then sm2 and it turned out to not be even close to sm2.

Old 07-30-2014, 09:07 AM   #500
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick

Raimi movies are -for the most part- intentionally cheesy which kinda makes them unique. Some superhero movies take themselves so seriously that its much easier to be taken out of the movie by cheesy dialogue or stuff like that.

Johnny-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote