The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man Sequels

Old 05-12-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
starkresilient
Side-Kick

Default New Rumour: 'Iron Man 4' Movie News: Drew Pearce Preparing A Script

The odds of Iron Man 4 happening may not be that slim after all now that writer Drew Pearce may have more time to focus on making a script.

On Friday, The Hollywood Reporter wrote that Pearce was supposed to be a part of another film installment- Mission Impossible 5. He even wrote the script for it, but he ended up being replaced by video game writer Will Staples. Since Pearce won't have to focus on that film, there is a chance he may use his time for a fresh start on another Iron Man film.

As of now, it's unclear if Staples will use the same script that Pearce used for Mission Impossible 5 or if he'll make his own original work.

Tony Stark Heading To Outer Space?

If Iron Man 4 does end up becoming a possibility, then there is a chance that Robert Downey, Jr. may not be around for it since he told The Edge that with new audiences, they would relate to a new actor.

"The smart money is you have to look at everybody's age," Downey, Jr. said. "I'll put myself at the top of the list. Sooner or later, they've got to start over and get somebody young. I'm not there with them yet.

"It really is the closest thing to being a beloved contract player with a big old-timey studio that there is right now," the actor added. "When you really think about it at the end of the day, these films are entertainment largely driven by young folks. There is something very honorable about that."

Source

starkresilient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:06 PM   #2
BigSams50
J! E! T! S! JETS!

Default Re: New Rumour: 'Iron Man 4' Movie News: Drew Pearce Preparing A Script

I wouldn't make an Iron Man 4 until at least after Avengers 3. No need to rush into another solo film.

Old 07-25-2014, 10:30 AM   #3
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

While I agree that there is no need to rush a 4th film, it might be sooner rather than later on a 4th film, based off of RDJ's comments of late, he seems to be in no hurry to retire as Stark.
I would personally want the best film they can make, one would assume, that it would be RDJ's last run as Tony and facing the real Mandarin would be the best way to go, but could see more than one villain in a 4th film, personally a Madam Masque/Spymaster team up would be a cool add on to a Mandarin appearance.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:54 AM   #4
giveyourself12%
Team Walt

Drew Pearce?

giveyourself12% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:17 PM   #5
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Pay the money and give the creative freedom to Jon Favreau to bring him back. Give him the guidelines you want up front (necessary additions to fit it with the plan for the MCU) and let him work around it and go. He's the perfect director to close out the Ten Rings story line and bring in the Mandarin. I really think he would bring it back to the grounded feel of the first Iron Man film (my personal favorite of the MCU) and give it some real personality and emotional texture.

Give me RDJ, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Favreau, and I think you're off to a great start for Iron Man 4.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Chris B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Pay the money and give the creative freedom to Jon Favreau to bring him back. Give him the guidelines you want up front (necessary additions to fit it with the plan for the MCU) and let him work around it and go. He's the perfect director to close out the Ten Rings story line and bring in the Mandarin. I really think he would bring it back to the grounded feel of the first Iron Man film (my personal favorite of the MCU) and give it some real personality and emotional texture.

Give me RDJ, Gwyneth Paltrow and Jon Favreau, and I think you're off to a great start for Iron Man 4.
I'd also love to see Favreau come back. He does seem to still be on good terms with Marvel.