The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > The Cutting Room Floor

Old 07-29-2014, 11:41 AM   #51
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Default Re: The Worst Movie Scenes of All Time

Every scene I saw in The Spirit until I turned it off (about 30 minutes in). If you showed that movie to a prisoner of war, you'd be violating the Geneva Convention.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 02:47 AM   #52
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Bop View Post
Wow, I never knew the movies dropped to such a level.
Yeah, I had no idea Twilight was THAT classless.

Old 07-31-2014, 09:54 AM   #53
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

LOL... Twilight set the bar for teen films extremely low... and then managed to tunnel a few hundred feet under it with that scene.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 08-02-2014, 06:31 PM   #54
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Every scene I saw in The Spirit until I turned it off (about 30 minutes in). If you showed that movie to a prisoner of war, you'd be violating the Geneva Convention.
It's still the only movie that I walked out on. I think I made it about 25-30 min in.

The horror. The Horror!!

Travesty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:46 AM   #55
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, it's f***ing awful. I rented it for $1 off Redbox and still felt ripped off. Frank Miller should be locked up in an insane asylum.

Old 08-09-2014, 11:45 PM   #56
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

All romantic scenes in Episodes 2 and 3.

Batman & Robin- Every scene

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:27 AM   #57
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Catman in Lethal Track - Catman discovers he has the amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing abiltiy to turn a TV on and off with his mind.

Old 08-19-2014, 01:09 AM   #58
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

How could I forget about this?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-19-2014, 08:20 AM   #59
StarLord
It's Horchata, man.

Anything in 'Waterworld'. Costner just mumbles his way through the entire movie.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 03:13 PM   #60
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I have a soft spot for Waterworld. The movie doesn't really work but it was an interesting take on a post-apocalyptic world. I also feel like it got a bad rap just because of the cost of its production. It was a huge joke at the time just because no movie had cost that much to make so people declared it a flop months before it was even released.

Old 08-19-2014, 07:04 PM   #61
Dwarf Slayer
Slayer of Dwarfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Eh, the ferry scene doesn't bother me that much... the acting is kinda bad but I thought Tiny Lister at least was good in it. The only thing that bothers me about it is it seems unlikely that someone on one ferry couldn't call someone other other one on their cell phone or radio and say, "Hey guys! We won't blow you up, so don't blow us up either!" I mean, there were cops on both boats so they had to be able to communicate.
The Joker said they had to blow up the other boat up by midnight or he'd blow both of them up. Communicating between both of the boats would have done nothing in this situation. The Joker wanted try and prove that humanity's morality was made up and that people would easily abandon their morals if their lives were threatened.

"You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...these civilized people, they'll eat each other."

Dwarf Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 04:58 AM   #62
The Endless
WE are Groot

Why not just abandon ship? haha

Old 08-20-2014, 05:20 AM   #63
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Was there no life boats on either ship?

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 08-20-2014 at 05:55 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #64
The Endless
WE are Groot

If there wasn't it'd be very convenient for the plot. Just like how hundreds of barrels of explosives found their way onto the ship with no one noticing haha

Old 08-20-2014, 12:27 PM   #65
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I would assume there were lifeboats but I guess the people figured if they started to abandon ship, he'd just blow the boats up anyway.

Old 08-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #66
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"

Edwin's big reveal scene at the end of Predators. It was a good movie for the most part, but I was laughing so hard at Topher trying to be dramatic that I almost left the theater to collect myself.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:02 PM   #67
Dwarf Slayer
Slayer of Dwarfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Why not just abandon ship? haha
"If anyone attempts to get off their boat, you all die."

Dwarf Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 08:00 PM   #68
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Did I say the Architect scene in The Matrix Reloaded? That was so awful. It was the point of no return. Up until that point, I was on the fence about the movie because the car chase was cool and I liked some aspects of the story. But once that annoying bastard started talking, I was like, "Yep, this sucks."

Old 08-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #69
SethRodger
Banned User

Aliens 3 all of it

SethRodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 12:20 PM   #70
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Most of the scenes in Noah with the Rock Transformers. I'm sorry, but that was so unintentionally hilarious I couldn't take the movie seriously.

Although, to be fair, at least those scenes were entertaining. Once Noah and his family were on the ark, then the movie REALLY started to drag and I couldn't wait for it to end. So maybe those scenes were worse.

I hope Aronofsky steers clear of fantasy/sci-fi/epic filmmaking from here on in. He's just out of his element when he tries to do it. The Fountain yielded similar results; needlessly convoluted story and visuals you know cost a lot of money to make but still weren't very impressive. I'm not saying that epic special effects-driven films need to be left to the Michael Bays of the world but there are some guys like Aronofsky who would do better to stick to contemporary psychological dramas.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:32 PM   #71
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
If there wasn't it'd be very convenient for the plot. Just like how hundreds of barrels of explosives found their way onto the ship with no one noticing haha

That REALLY bothered me but my true hate is reserved for its ending where the Joker gets Batman to make the idiotic decision of trading a living active incorruptible symbol and hero for a dead martyr. Even that would be OK if someone eventually acknowledged that was what happened.

Old 08-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #72
smallville fan
Hero

"I am the Mandarin!" Then he gets wacked in the face and the audience is obligated to laugh.

Most of the scenes in the Star Wars Prequels. They were mostly style over substance.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 12:34 PM   #73
Jackfl

If you;ve ever seen 'Shark Attack 3"yo may know John Barrowman's infamous line.

I probably can't post it hear, because the line is pretty vulgar.

But for those of you who've seen the movieyou certainley know what "that line" is.

Jackfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 10:30 AM   #74
Steamteck
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
"I am the Mandarin!" Then he gets wacked in the face and the audience is obligated to laugh.

if you turn off IM3 after the armor self destructs with him in it it makes it a considerably better movie. Still complete crap IMO compared to ANY other MCU movie but better.

Last edited by Steamteck; 09-17-2014 at 05:28 AM.
Steamteck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:44 AM   #75
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

DyeLorean is offline   Reply With Quote