С новым годом!

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" General Stuff & Thaaaangs Thread - Part 9

That trailer gave me chills.

tzarinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:46 AM   #452
smallville fan
Hero

Hey everyone, I'm planning to cosplay as Season 1 Rick Grimes(With the iconic Sheriff uniform) for my next college game of HvZ(Humans vs. Zombies, look it up if you don't know what it is, it's quite fun!), does anyone know where I could get a decent costume?

Thanks and do reply soon!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:29 AM   #453
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Dat Det. Carver.

That trailer was pretty good...a lot better than last years trailer.
Well, in fairness, this time around there's actually a clear conflict going in. Last year, it was like "Oh, look at how happy we all are, living in this prison together." We didn't know what the **** was happening and of course they weren't gonna let on with the sickness in the prison and the Gov on the horizon, so it was just sort of generic.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:37 AM   #454
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

I loved David Morrisey, but that smile alone is more overtly creepy than anything the Governor ever did on the show.

Old 07-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #455
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I was happy to see Rick holding Judith in the trailer.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #456
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I really think the team-up is a mislead. Remember, the trailer for season three made it appear that the Governor and our group were facing off muuuuuch sooner than they really were, by using footage of Rick facing off with the prisoners and the Governor in his attack on those Army guys.

The way the trailer makes it look to me is that they're in a dire situation for a bit, Bob uses the idea of a cure and Washington DC to get them to ease up, something happens (maybe due to Carol and Tyreese), Terminus is gets leveled, the group reunites and get on their way. But then, they did make the lead Termite a series regular this year, so I don't know how that would work...
Maybe the leader of Terminus was just the cook and so Rick cuts him a break? I'm guessing he must have something that he uses as a bargaining chip for Rick to take him with them.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #457
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #458
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

It's about time the seasons start to have a concrete story. Ever since season 1 its just been event after event.
At least in this trailer there seems to be a definite, cohesive and dramatic story going on.

I sort of wrote off the show after last season cause I felt they aren't reaching their potential. The trailer did ease my fears a little. I'll check it out again but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:16 PM   #459
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Raganork View Post
It's about time the seasons start to have a concrete story. Ever since season 1 its just been event after event.
At least in this trailer there seems to be a definite, cohesive and dramatic story going on.

I sort of wrote off the show after last season cause I felt they aren't reaching their potential. The trailer did ease my fears a little. I'll check it out again but I'm not getting my hopes up.
The problem I've had with the show for a while is that it just doesn't have the balls that the comic has. The comic kills people GOT-style, and that's appropriate for a post apocalyptic world. When you don't know who's safe, it keeps you on edge as a reader/viewer. I havent felt that way with TWD for a while, because they're too scared to kill off fan favorites. Last season was a step in the right direction, but it's still not nearly close enough to what I want from them. Because of that, I enjoy the show, but I'm always disappointed because it's not reaching it's potential.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 01:23 PM   #460
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

I'm not comfortable with any show where my reason for watching is to see who dies. The stories themselves are not interesting in TWD anymore, to me. It all just kind of runs together in this bland arrangement.

That being said "The Grove" was a great episode because it finally approached the material in an interesting way. Characters, not just monotone, dark figures bumping around into each other.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #461
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Personally these type of shows are about the journey of the characters for me, so I'm not interested in seeing Daryl, Rick, Michonne or Maggie get killed off just to be unpredictable and edgy.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:26 PM   #462
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not comfortable with any show where my reason for watching is to see who dies. The stories themselves are not interesting in TWD anymore, to me. It all just kind of runs together in this bland arrangement.

That being said "The Grove" was a great episode because it finally approached the material in an interesting way. Characters, not just monotone, dark figures bumping around into each other.
Well...that's not what I said, but I wouldn't want to watch a show for that reason either. However, I do expect there to be dramatic tension in a show that's centered around survival in a post apocalyptic world, and when you know the showrunners are scared to kill off any characters that the fanbase likes, then that tension is drastically reduced.

I also think the show has been a bit too gun-shy on really enforcing the theme of the comic and the show, namely that in a world filled with monsters, the real monsters are the ones who survive. The watering down of the governor was another annoyance to me for that reason.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 07-26-2014, 01:27 PM   #463
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Personally these type of shows are about the journey of the characters for me, so I'm not interested in seeing Daryl, Rick, Michonne or Maggie get killed off just to be unpredictable and edgy.
Agreed though Rick needs to die because that character does nothing. He's dragging the whole show down. It would be much more interesting if they took him out. Everything he does is run of the mill. He struggles with being sane...then insane. Same thing over and over in a mediocre set of cues.

Andrew Lincoln is a great actor but they have made that character so boring that I can't stand any episodes that center around him.

Old 07-26-2014, 01:29 PM   #464
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I'm not advocating for kills only for shock value. At least I don't believe I said so in my post. But I'm looking for the show to take more risks. I don't believe GOT killed main characters purely for shock value. Each death came about as a result of their actions and choices and was a logical, if tragic, conclusion.

That's what I'm looking for, and that's what honestly should be happening in a world as brutal as TWD's.

here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

Old 07-26-2014, 01:31 PM   #465
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Well...that's not what I said, but I wouldn't want to watch a show for that reason either. However, I do expect there to be dramatic tension in a show that's centered around survival in a post apocalyptic world, and when you know the showrunners are scared to kill off any characters that the fanbase likes, then that tension is drastically reduced.

I also think the show has been a bit too gun-shy on really enforcing the theme of the comic and the show, namely that in a world filled with monsters, the real monsters are the ones who survive. The watering down of the governor was another annoyance to me for that reason.
Ok.

Still though, there's not enough attention to character. My current #1 show is Hannibal which has tons of characters and even though I know the title character can't die (as well as Hugh Dancy's character) I'm still sucked into what happens to them when they reach these perilous situations.

TWD has little character left. Carol, Tyrese...Bob to an extent. Maggie, Rick and Carl really have just become generic tropes of people. They're predictable and uninteresting.

I don't think they're unfixable but watching the show I don't have the confidence the writers will fix them. #1 because the show is so popular why would they fix anything and #2 I'm not sure they have the skill.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:56 PM   #466
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I think The Grove pretty much answered the question about whether or not the show needed to grow a pair.

Old 07-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #467
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Old 07-26-2014, 05:26 PM   #468
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Well, in fairness, this time around there's actually a clear conflict going in. Last year, it was like "Oh, look at how happy we all are, living in this prison together." We didn't know what the **** was happening and of course they weren't gonna let on with the sickness in the prison and the Gov on the horizon, so it was just sort of generic.
Yeah I suppose.

I wonder though
if they are gonna keep Eugene's lie in this show. It seems they are really taking "Going to Washington" through the whole season.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:07 PM   #469
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Yeah I suppose.

I wonder though
if they are gonna keep Eugene's lie in this show. It seems they are really taking "Going to Washington" through the whole season.
I was wondering the same thing. And if

the reveal of the lie is going to have far worse consequences, considering the company they appear to be in.

Old 07-29-2014, 04:10 PM   #470
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Beth's alive!

Old 08-05-2014, 02:10 AM   #471
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Yeah I suppose.

I wonder though
I would assume they'll keep it as it was in the comics.

Old 08-07-2014, 05:55 PM   #472
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

The uncensored version of the final scene is up on youtube. It's...glorious.

Old 08-08-2014, 05:46 PM   #473
FrozenBanana00
Side-Kick

They do seem to save the character death to the last episodes of the season. Season 3 had a good few, Andrea and Lori, T-Dog. They probably will kill some off each season, or have something bad happen to them. I agree, I don't watch it to see who'll die. I love the story in general, and I'm up to date on the comics and so are a lot of people. They just don't want it to be predictable.

FrozenBanana00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 03:39 AM   #474
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

The Walking Dead just found its new guest musical interlude song
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 08-13-2014, 04:08 AM   #475
Daltonio
Itsy Bitsy Spider

Quote:
Agreed though Rick needs to die because that character does nothing. He's dragging the whole show down. It would be much more interesting if they took him out. Everything he does is run of the mill. He struggles with being sane...then insane. Same thing over and over in a mediocre set of cues.

Andrew Lincoln is a great actor but they have made that character so boring that I can't stand any episodes that center around him.
If Rick dies, then the show dies, at least in my opinion. He needs to last until the very last episode, then they can kill him if they wish. Same with Carl. If either of them go before Daryl does, then I'm out.

I can't wait for Season 5 though, the trailer was awesome and I can't wait to see what goes down.

Daltonio is offline   Reply With Quote