The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 07-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #901
The Endless
WE are Groot

Default Re: What you didn't like about Captain America: TWS - Flaws/Critiques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
It's okay because Nolan only did it once. MCU has done it twice now and probably a few more times later on in the MCU.
He did it 3 times. One of which, Gordon's, doesn't actually make any sense or mean anything to the story at all.

Fury's made sense to the story and his characterisation. It was natural.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:19 PM   #902
Jasyn
Agent of F.U.B.A.R.

1. That it's no longer in theaters in my area.

2. It has not been digitally or DVD released yet.

3. That I have to wait for 2015 for more Cap and 2016 for CA3.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"...if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way." - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by Jasyn; 07-03-2014 at 11:29 PM.
Jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #903
StarkTheProdigy
Side-Kick

That I can't watch it on 4th of July!

"You experience things, and then they're over."
StarkTheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 08:37 AM   #904
Ryu_do_Sen
Side-Kick

The russos have talked about havin' the raid: redemption as one of their sources of inspiration but they didn't quite deliver the same in terms of action sequences. Most of the fight scenes looked too staged, too phony, over-edited and short...... For instance, the final fight scene between cap and ws was a fight that needed to be longer and more dramatic......It killed the tension of the movie......Curiously, in the film raid 2, the final fight scene shows how the final battle scene in CAWS should have been done......

Ryu_do_Sen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #905
Marathon
Side-Kick

I bumping this up in anticipation of dat bleu-ray release.

I don't have many gripes, but I wished there was more actual conflict between Cap and Fury. Dare I say, I would have liked for things to get really ugly between the two of them and for Widow to be put into this really awkward middle ground (well, she kind of was, put there was still some extra mileage that could have been squeezed out of the situation).

Especially when the trailers sort of implied this was going to be the case.

I was also disappointed that the badass "you need to keep both eyes open" line was, in the end, directed at Pierce instead of Cap. I also wished the "your work has been a gift to mankind..." line was directed at Cap, too.

Movie trailers, stop twisting the truth!

Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 04:09 AM   #906
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

How did Sam get the wings back after they got arrested and put in the back of the van?

Old 09-10-2014, 07:11 AM   #907
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
How did Sam get the wings back after they got arrested and put in the back of the van?
My personal theory (so take it for what it's worth) is either a) that they felt that Cap was secured enough (seriously, look at how Cap is secured in that van. His feet are heavily shackled, his arms are heavily shackled, and he has a big huge metal bar around his torso as well) and the others were secured enough that both the shield and the wing pack were put in the same van as them. Or b) since we know Hill was masquerading as one of Rumlow's men, it was her that made sure that the shield & wing pack were put in the same van. Yes - either way that would mean an extremely stupid move on the part of Rumlow & his goons to not make sure the heroes were separated from their weapons, but who said bad guys were always smart?

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 04:31 AM   #908
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Works for me!

Old 09-17-2014, 09:46 PM   #909
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Two things that I didn't get was:

1. The MCU has gone out of its way to establish that Fury has some pretty big trust issues with people. So considering that he was starting to suspect/learned that SHIELD was compromised, I wonder why he trusted Maria Hill so much to not only stage his death but to keep him alive during that whole period. I mean what makes Hill, as far as the MCU has shown, that much different from everyone around Fury that he feels like he can trust her that much?

2. Black Widow told Steve in the Hospital that she had tried to pursue the Winter Soldier years ago, during their first encounter, but came up to a dead end. And yet at the end of the film, she said that she contacted a few individuals that she knew who owed her favors and was able to get some pretty sufficient data about the Winter Soldier in the folder that she gave Steve. That didn't make sense to me. I mean if she could have always called in for that folder, then why didn't she know that Bucky was in fact the Winter Soldier already, etc.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:50 AM   #910
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Two things that I didn't get was:

1. The MCU has gone out of its way to establish that Fury has some pretty big trust issues with people. So considering that he was starting to suspect/learned that SHIELD was compromised, I wonder why he trusted Maria Hill so much to not only stage his death but to keep him alive during that whole period. I mean what makes Hill, as far as the MCU has shown, that much different from everyone around Fury that he feels like he can trust her that much?
Fury first contacted Hill right when he started suspecting something was wrong, but didn't realize how widespread. She was the one who faked his death, she had him completely at her mercy, and she saved him. Proves that he can trust her.

Quote:
2. Black Widow told Steve in the Hospital that she had tried to pursue the Winter Soldier years ago, during their first encounter, but came up to a dead end. And yet at the end of the film, she said that she contacted a few individuals that she knew who owed her favors and was able to get some pretty sufficient data about the Winter Soldier in the folder that she gave Steve. That didn't make sense to me. I mean if she could have always called in for that folder, then why didn't she know that Bucky was in fact the Winter Soldier already, etc.
Good point. It might be that, while she worked for SHIELD, they were blocking her efforts.

BullMcGiveny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:13 AM   #911
DJThrawn
ER Nurse&Daughter's Hero

Just watched it for the first time today. My biggest gripe is that I never felt any real tension. I never worried my favorite character or a character I cared about might die and I never had a feeling of suspense like I didn't know what was going to happen. I felt like I had already seen the movie and that is without the spoilers. It was too formulaic. I feel in many ways the fact Marvel is with Disney is a double edged sword. I believe the MCU would not be possible without Disney but I also feel that Marvel is in many respects held back by having to appeal to what Disney feels is most profitable and by sticking to Disney's moral code. I am hoping this changes with Age of Ultron. However, I did like many of the action sequences and actually liked Black Widow's character arc. I also liked the costume design as well.

DJThrawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:42 AM   #912
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Either, like Bull said, HYDRA within SHIELD could've been blocking her search/turning them into dead ends. Or another possibility I could see is that it took her knowing that he was Bucky Barnes to open up some new avenues/threads to search (or it could be a combination of both)

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote