The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 AM   #301
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Sentinels - Part 1

To maximize the death of Angel Salvadore, they should've showcased Sentinels flying with pixie wings.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #302
darkangel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyIsBlue View Post
To maximize the death of Angel Salvadore, they should've showcased Sentinels flying with pixie wings.
Oh no, this would be bad I think...The future Sentinels had huge jump skills (When they killed Storm) so that means that Toad was killed by them. (I don't think Storm killed Toad in X1, she just destroyed him...)

darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 03:29 AM   #303
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Or maybe spit fire.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #304
strangeheart

What was up with Sentinels being able to kill Iceman. He can't die. He would just regenerate again. Normally i wouldn't complain about something like this because movie-verse and comics are vastly different, but if we are to believe Kittys powered increase that much and she's now able to send someone to another time (powers she doesn't even have in the comics) then it wouldn't be so odd for Iceman to have had a power-up as well. They could adapt to him all they want but he would just keep coming back.

strangeheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #305
Weather Witch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by strangeheart View Post
What was up with Sentinels being able to kill Iceman. He can't die. He would just regenerate again. Normally i wouldn't complain about something like this because movie-verse and comics are vastly different, but if we are to believe Kittys powered increase that much and she's now able to send someone to another time (powers she doesn't even have in the comics) then it wouldn't be so odd for Iceman to have had a power-up as well. They could adapt to him all they want but he would just keep coming back.
Just like Darwin in First Class and the guy who couldn't grow his-- "privates" back in X3.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:40 AM   #306
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
He can't die.
Huh I don't know what you mean by that? Can he even turn into liquid?

Old 06-27-2014, 08:27 PM   #307
icekid
Side-Kick

If he turns into liquid form he can just regenerate and solidify again. If his arm broke off or was shattered, he would just reform. In the comics. It was a further mutation discovered by Emma Frost. In the comics.

Even if he could regenerate in the movies, it wouldn't have been enough to stop the Sentinels from coming in the monastery. He melts, they run over into the room and boom. Not enough time to see him get back up. Introducing something like that in the movies would require more exposition in a movie already full of it and it doesn't service any point of the plot.

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 PM   #308
HIA
Side-Kick

Quote:

one of the funniest comments of the year lol (poor Angel)

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #309
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sentinels already have catwalk

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:03 AM   #310
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
If he turns into liquid form he can just regenerate and solidify again. If his arm broke off or was shattered, he would just reform. In the comics. It was a further mutation discovered by Emma Frost. In the comics.

Even if he could regenerate in the movies, it wouldn't have been enough to stop the Sentinels from coming in the monastery. He melts, they run over into the room and boom. Not enough time to see him get back up. Introducing something like that in the movies would require more exposition in a movie already full of it and it doesn't service any point of the plot.
You're right, they wouldnt introduce an entirely new and unrelated power for a character and not explain it at all

But I remember a scene from the comics where Bobby got a hole blasted through his chest in ice-form and was shocked to be alive but also afraid to turn back into human form. I THINK it's the same story you're talking about

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:05 PM   #311
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
it was very slow and concentrated. You drop a nuclear bomb on him at full power and he's dead.

Phoenix got killed by wolverine. Those sentinels are quicker longer and stronger then lil logan, so she'd die easy.

I think a more accurate portrayal of Phoenix Jean would wipe out the sentinels fairly easily.

Which brings to question - How would the MCU Avengers do against the sentinels? Obviously Hawkeye and Black Widow die fast any easy.
Didn't the loving " Jean Grey" submerged from Dark Phoenix to "allow"
Wolverine to stab her ? Without her help, he couldn't have been able to do so.

halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:09 PM   #312
halo10
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Oh View Post
Xavier was controlling Shaw so his powers didn't work, if what you say its true then he should be able to take damage from bullets.
that's what I thought as well.

halo10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:14 AM   #313
Retroman
Side-Kick

Stan Lee sees one of the Sentinel heads in-person at Legacy Effects Studios (formerly Stan Winston Studios).

Quote:
Stan Lee, a Sentinel head, and co-owner John Rosengrant
SOURCE Link

Old 08-07-2014, 11:21 AM   #314
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Shame he never cameo'd

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #315
Retroman
Side-Kick

Since he's already had his cameo in two X-Men films i'm okay with that.Instead of Newton Thomas Siegel (the DP) Lee could have been the old man Mystique transforms into in Paris. Though that might have been a little too distracting.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #316
Krak66
Side-Kick

Lee said many times that he is too old for flying to participate as cameo. Previous movies were filmed in Canada, Australia and England

Old 08-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #317
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo10 View Post
Didn't the loving " Jean Grey" submerged from Dark Phoenix to "allow"
Wolverine to stab her ? Without her help, he couldn't have been able to do so.
like she submerged for her husband and longtime mentor/father figure?
nah...

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #318
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krak66 View Post
Lee said many times that he is too old for flying to participate as cameo. Previous movies were filmed in Canada, Australia and England
What are you talking about?DOFP was filmed In Canada.

First he claimed he wasn't asked to cameo that was debunked by people working on DOFP.Then he claims it wasn't because film was filmed overseas.

I don't know why he didn't cameo In DOFP but there is some kind of story why he didn't.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:54 AM   #319
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroman View Post
Stan Lee sees one of the Sentinel heads in-person at Legacy Effects Studios (formerly Stan Winston Studios).

SOURCE Link
Nice!

My ideal Stan Lee cameo for DOFP is he would be seen at the mutant concentration camp as one of the non-mutant prisoners.

Old 08-08-2014, 04:11 AM   #320
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
What are you talking about?DOFP was filmed In Canada.

First he claimed he wasn't asked to cameo that was debunked by people working on DOFP.Then he claims it wasn't because film was filmed overseas.

I don't know why he didn't cameo In DOFP but there is some kind of story why he didn't.
I blame Marvel/Disney

Old 09-22-2014, 06:26 AM   #321
x-er
Side-Kick

I'm still confused about the Future Sentinels' Abilities.
I understand some of them have other mutants' powers, like Lady Deathstrike's and Emma Frost's. However, in the Russian Bunkers, what happens exactly?

Colossus' Sentinel seems to absorb his power through physical contact, as if it had Rogue's absorption ability.

However, Iceman's Sentinel seemed to copy Sunspot's power and Sunspot's seemed to copy Iceman's power, even though they were in different locations and without physical contact. As if they were sharing information through a network.

Does someone know how this works?

x-er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:35 AM   #322
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by x-er View Post
I'm still confused about the Future Sentinels' Abilities.
I understand some of them have other mutants' powers, like Lady Deathstrike's and Emma Frost's. However, in the Russian Bunkers, what happens exactly?

Colossus' Sentinel seems to absorb his power through physical contact, as if it had Rogue's absorption ability.

However, Iceman's Sentinel seemed to copy Sunspot's power and Sunspot's seemed to copy Iceman's power, even though they were in different locations and without physical contact. As if they were sharing information through a network.

Does someone know how this works?
They just adapt to the powers of mutants.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:37 PM   #323
x-er
Side-Kick

^ Well, yeah, that's what a general audience would catch. It just made me think about three things:

1. There has to be a database of some sort where all the mutant DNA is stored
2. Sentinels are all connected to the database and have a collective consciousness, they work in unison under some sort of network (Mastermold?)
3. Rogue's absorption abilities must have been used to help Sentinels acquire new mutants powers (whether through physical contact or nearby exposure). After acquiring, they can be uploaded to the database remotely and immediately made available for other Sentinels to use.

This explains why Sentinels in the Russian Bunkers can absorb them directly. However, it doesn't explain why the Sentinels in the Chinese Temples can't do this, suggesting that, in the original timeline, Rogue had already been experimented on and her absorption abilites had been adapted to the Sentinels, whereas in the second timeline, Rogue had been rescued by the X-Men and the Sentinels never acquired her ability.

Unfortunately, the audience wouldn't appreciate this easily with Rogue being cut out of the cinematic version.

Last edited by x-er; 09-22-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:02 PM   #324
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

No Rogue's not as important as Mystique.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 06:17 PM   #325
x-er
Side-Kick

Lol, I guess not anymore. She was pretty important at the start of the franchise but now Mystique is more important mainly due to Lawrence. And that's great, because the Mystique in this franchise so far has been a great symbol. (It would also be distracting if they were stopping Trask from acquiring several mutants in different timelines, so I guess one is enough).

However, in practical terms it does seem like you'd want to protect Rogue if she was on your team, and take her down if she was on the opposite team. That's how valuable her power is. And she has a complex and engaging character and background too, like most of these characters. So, all in all, I would say she's just as important, just very neglected.