The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 05-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #501
Xhexania
Side-Kick

Default Re: Agent 13

There will be more of Agent 13 in the next film, these same writers needed just one film to show us Peggy/Steve and they did a great job with Nat/Steve friendship, so in one film they can make Sharon/Steve happen. I canīt judge the character or the acting, because I compare her introduction to the same that BW had in IM2... and in the comics isnīt Sharon supposed to be helping Cap find Bucky, alongside with Sam? of course in them she is still an SHIELD agent, but for the MCU, she is CIA, that will probably tie her with the guys to find Bucky and face whatever anything else they will have to face, while Steve and her flirt like they did in the hallway of their building :P

Xhexania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:31 AM   #502
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

I'm certain she'll have a bigger part in Cap 3, and that is one of the many things that excite me about Cap 3.

But this is Cap 2, and as far as introductions go, it didn't really set up much aside from that Sharon exists and she works for the CIA.

Cap 3 won't have a whole lot to build on as far as Sharon goes, and will have to start from basically scratch, is what the problem is. Not specifically the size of it.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 05:06 AM   #503
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

Just saw this again yesterday. While more Sharon would have been nice, it's not like the movie exactly wasted any time on other scenes that could have gone to her. There really just was not a lot of filler or fluff during the movie. The only way to expand her would have been to just make the movie longer, which I don't think was necessary.

It's pretty much set up that she will have a relationship with Steve in Cap 3. Not only did they introduce her character, but they also went out of there way to have Natasha tell Steve to pursue her TWICE. I think that was meant to set up something in the future as opposed to just being cheap pandering (see the "Robin" name drop in The Dark Knight Rises).

Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:53 AM   #504
Blackman
C'mon Son

Imo the character of Sharon/Agent 13 shouldve replaced Black Widow.

Blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:02 AM   #505
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
Just saw this again yesterday. While more Sharon would have been nice, it's not like the movie exactly wasted any time on other scenes that could have gone to her. There really just was not a lot of filler or fluff during the movie. The only way to expand her would have been to just make the movie longer, which I don't think was necessary.

It's pretty much set up that she will have a relationship with Steve in Cap 3. Not only did they introduce her character, but they also went out of there way to have Natasha tell Steve to pursue her TWICE. I think that was meant to set up something in the future as opposed to just being cheap pandering (see the "Robin" name drop in The Dark Knight Rises).
They didn't go out of their way. In the first time, its a bit of banter. In the second, its an afterthought in a scene about Natasha and Steve completely.

Natasha also urges Steve to date two or three other random girls.

Natasha telling Steve to date is about Natasha, not Sharon.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #506
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

They didn't have to do it at all. Her scenes could have been kept to the part at the apartment and the confrontation with Crossbones, but they mention her several times when she is off screen, reminding the audience of this minor character, basically saying "hey, care about this because it might come up later."

Donnie Darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 11:15 PM   #507
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Darko View Post
They didn't have to do it at all. Her scenes could have been kept to the part at the apartment and the confrontation with Crossbones, but they mention her several times when she is off screen, reminding the audience of this minor character, basically saying "hey, care about this because it might come up later."
The rule is 'show, don't tell', and that they need to say, 'hey, care about this' just reflects how poorly she was written.

Old 08-08-2014, 02:44 PM   #508
MarvelU
Side-Kick

I just finished reading Captain America #1-14 by Brubaker, some of the comic issues from what the movie is based on and Black Widow seemed to take the role of Agent 13 in comics. The movie borrows element from the story comic, but they still were different. I am okay with this though since I loved the movie and this is a movie that is loosely based on the comics and the movie has their own universe.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 02:35 AM   #509
ARA

I think she should have a better role, if not longer.

While it is understandable that the romantic relationship would be saved for another movie, they should have developed a bit more between her and Steve. To say nothing of giving Sharon a semblance of a personality.

As a result, Cap 3 will have to waste considerable time on fleshing out her character and developing Steve's relationship with her.

ARA is offline   Reply With Quote