The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Old 04-20-2014, 10:25 AM   #201
HunBoy
Captain Hungary

Default Re: The Easter Egg Thread (Winter Soldier edition)

When said Sitwell?

https://twitter.com/16N1K4/status/457488264908140545

HunBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 06:08 PM   #202
Silvermoth
Avenger

It's funny they keep mentioning president Ellis. I wonder if he'll play a major part in age of Ultron? Could be a really cool way of thing it all together

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #203
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Yea I saw the movie a second time last weekend and saw that Avengers tower was one of the targets of project insight. Also, there is a rumor that Professor X School for the Gifted was targeted as well, and there was a document in the end credits scene referring these.

These could just be wild fan theories/ wishful thinking but I certainly didn't catch it if true. Marvel doesn't have the rights to use mutants in their movies, but maybe Fox made a deal of some kind?? Since we know that quicksilver and scarlett witch are the first " mutants" of the marvel cinematic universe maybe there is a work around?
Maybe it is targeting the X-men Universe and not just Xavier's School

Old 04-20-2014, 08:46 PM   #204
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunBoy View Post

Hope its true.. he can turn up on one of the Netfilx episodes as hunting someone in New York

Old 04-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #205
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtremelyBaneful View Post
I really, really wish you weren't kidding

Well
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
that threat has been taken care of now

Old 04-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #206
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
It's funny they keep mentioning president Ellis. I wonder if he'll play a major part in age of Ultron? Could be a really cool way of thing it all together
I doubt it. They just are keeping good continuity, and having the president be the same guy in multiple movies set relatively close together.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:51 PM   #207
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavias View Post
Anyone mention Crossbones yet? Rumlow was specifically shown to have lived at the end there...
Been mentioned tons of times and extremely
obvious, so yes.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:03 PM   #208
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
Yea I saw the movie a second time last weekend and saw that Avengers tower was one of the targets of project insight. Also, there is a rumor that Professor X School for the Gifted was targeted as well, and there was a document in the end credits scene referring these.

These could just be wild fan theories/ wishful thinking but I certainly didn't catch it if true. Marvel doesn't have the rights to use mutants in their movies, but maybe Fox made a deal of some kind?? Since we know that quicksilver and scarlett witch are the first " mutants" of the marvel cinematic universe maybe there is a work around?
it's fan wishing. I just watched it again last night

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:16 PM   #209
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I doubt it. They just are keeping good continuity, and having the president be the same guy in multiple movies set relatively close together.
I kinda hope he shows up in Cap 3 so that we can get a bit with Cap saving him from the bad guys.

Old 04-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #210
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dmg View Post
The Lemurian Star is a nod to Lemuria, an ancient underwater city that rivals Atlantis, introduced in Namor's comic.

Thank you. I think you and I are the only ones who caught the reference.

Expanding on that: Lemuria is significant to Captain America mythos for being the civilization that created the ancient and magical artifact called The Serpent Crown. Back in the 70s, that became a major story arc in Cap comics when the Crown was discovered by perennial Cap villains The Serpent Society, who used it to enslave the President of Roxxon Oil. Since then, the Serpent Crown has popped up several times in the history of Cap and the Avengers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Crown

So the Lemurian Star gets easter egg points on several levels: allusion to Namor and Atlantis; reference to Roxxon Oil (the company the tanker belongs to, iirc); reference to the Serpent Society.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 11:19 PM   #211
Windows
Newbie First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Yeah, he's the President, so he better be mentioned whenever there's anything related to national politics or security. Heck, I'm surprised that he wasn't mentioned more than twice (once in museum, once on target list) considering he was right there in DC (and also considering the fact that he should have at least been aware of INSIGHT's launch date, if not part of the decision making).

Question that may have been answered already, but what was with that comment about Afghanistan by one of the SHIELD techs right before Steve and friends break in? Is that a reference to something or someone like Hawkeye? Does anyone remember the exact quote?

Windows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #212
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

I just saw it for a second time and I noticed that the numbers on the Helicarriers had been changed. In the trailers they were numbered 42 and 65 while in the movie they are IN01, IN02, and IN03. 1942 was the last year Kirby did Cap during his original run and 1965 was the year SHIELD was introduced in STRANGE TALES so I thought those were nice easter eggs, but someone decided to drop them. Curious...

bubbadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:28 PM   #213
the dmg
The Funky Homosapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Thank you. I think you and I are the only ones who caught the reference.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Quote:
Expanding on that: Lemuria is significant to Captain America mythos for being the civilization that created the ancient and magical artifact called The Serpent Crown. Back in the 70s, that became a major story arc in Cap comics when the Crown was discovered by perennial Cap villains The Serpent Society, who used it to enslave the President of Roxxon Oil. Since then, the Serpent Crown has popped up several times in the history of Cap and the Avengers:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpent_Crown

So the Lemurian Star gets easter egg points on several levels: allusion to Namor and Atlantis; reference to Roxxon Oil (the company the tanker belongs to, iirc); reference to the Serpent Society.
Pretty awesome. I was going to mention the Serpent Crown, but since there was no actual reference to it, I left it out.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #214
childeroland
Side-Kick

Could the valedictorian be Amadeus Cho?

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #215
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windows View Post
Yeah, he's the President, so he better be mentioned whenever there's anything related to national politics or security. Heck, I'm surprised that he wasn't mentioned more than twice (once in museum, once on target list) considering he was right there in DC (and also considering the fact that he should have at least been aware of INSIGHT's launch date, if not part of the decision making).

Question that may have been answered already, but what was with that comment about Afghanistan by one of the SHIELD techs right before Steve and friends break in? Is that a reference to something or someone like Hawkeye? Does anyone remember the exact quote?
I wonder how Mr. President's approval ratings are being affected by all these alien attacks, terror attacks, and moles within the US's homeland security directive threatening to tear his country apart.

Old 08-01-2014, 03:29 PM   #216
PunyGod
Dojo

Last edited by PunyGod; 08-05-2014 at 03:18 PM.
PunyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:35 AM   #217
jacky85725
New User - Level 0

and theres a SWORD easter egg i just found

zoom in

hope im right

jacky85725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #218
Chance Jackson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunyGod View Post

Here's the A that everyone confused with 4.
Although I still feel stupid I'm glad I'm not the only one who made that miss connection

Chance Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:33 AM   #219
Jasyn
Agent of F.U.B.A.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacky85725 View Post
and theres a SWORD easter egg i just found

zoom in

hope im right

Cleaned up the image a bit:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

JUST KIDDING

We know from an AGENTS OF SHIELD episode Easter Egg, that SWORD exists in some form within or parallel to SHIELD. In all seriousness, HYDRA corrupting parts or all of SWORD is not that far more of a stretch than the taking down of SHIELD in CAWTS and AOS season 1.

EDIT:
Just realized that this was your first post. WELCOME to The HYPE!

----

"...if you don't like your job you don't strike. You just go in every day and do it really half-assed. That's the American way." - Homer J. Simpson

Last edited by Jasyn; 08-19-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Jasyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #220
BatVader

This is probably a reach, but what the heck. When the HYDRA SWAT officers are trying to break into Fury's driver side window the window's integrity is reduced to 31%, then 19% and finally 1%. 31191 is a zip code for Atlanta, where production on Cap 3 is scheduled to begin next April.

Told ya it was a reach lol.

BatVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #221
Just_Human
Side-Kick

" If I run with these shoes, they are gonna fall off"

Shoes are blue and black

Now I could be way off, but I think the running+colors = nod to QS
(omg Stark is gonna make special shoes for Pietro)

Plus Natasha has red hair and her shoes seem to have some red (or pink?)

Last edited by Just_Human; 09-09-2014 at 11:20 PM.
Just_Human is offline   Reply With Quote