The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #1
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,119
Default INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

If there's a sixth season of Agents of SHIELD, wouldn't it be cool if the months leading up to Avengers 4 is an apocalyptic storyline?

Maybe we see more of the real-world consequences hinted at in the Infinity War post-credits scene with helicopters and cars crashing everywhere? Maybe we could even see some agents turning to dust, with Coulson and Simmons finding themselves the only remaining agents in a world that has lost half of its population during the episode closest to Avengers 4?

An apocalypse is the one sci-fi concept the show hasn't explored yet.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 06:00 PM   #2
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

That's true. I really do wonder what they are going to do with half the people supposedly disappearing. There is no way the entire team survived that.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 08:50 PM   #3
laytonc32
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 347
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Yeah I think at least half would vanish. If they go through with it though, I hope they get a guarantee season 6. Otherwise it will be a terrible way to end the show.

laytonc32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 11:14 PM   #4
Panacea
Side-Kick
 
Panacea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Candyman mentioned the aliens in New York to Quake. So we only really have a few possibilities:

- Avengers Four reverses time to before the snap and changes events so the snap never happens
- The snap always happens, and it's shown before the end of the season
- The rest of the season takes over the course of a day and the snap happens next season if the show is renewed
- the snap happens but is never shown (plot hole)

I think there's a high probability that the last possibility is what happens. The writers would have known about the aliens from the promotional material but not the snap, because only a handful of people knew what was happening until very late in the day.

Panacea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 03:08 AM   #5
eon001
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,212
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

lol the AoS writer must be so annoyed. Maybe the season finale will have half the cast dust away, but I'm pretty sure they will stay the course with the story they already have in play.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DalekbusterFitz View Post
If there's a sixth season of Agents of SHIELD, wouldn't it be cool if the months leading up to Avengers 4 is an apocalyptic storyline?

Maybe we see more of the real-world consequences hinted at in the Infinity War post-credits scene with helicopters and cars crashing everywhere? Maybe we could even see some agents turning to dust, with Coulson and Simmons finding themselves the only remaining agents in a world that has lost half of its population during the episode closest to Avengers 4?

An apocalypse is the one sci-fi concept the show hasn't explored yet.
Love it!
Avengers 4 is supposed to take place 5 years later , so the the MCU are going to have to deal with the effects of half the planet disappearing.

A season 6 could bridge the gap between Infinity War and Avengers 4.

eon001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 10:14 AM   #6
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,859
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I'll post my thoughts from the episode discussion thread:

It's a little difficult to figure out the timeline of Infinity War. It could be minutes, it could be days. Hard to say. The travel time to Titan is the biggest marker, imo. I suppose, if I were ambitious, I'd try and figure out time zones and things like that to figure out what daytime in New York, night time in Scotland, and daytime in Wakanda means for overall timeline.

If Agents of SHIELD is smart, they'd assume the entire remainder of the season takes place before Thanos completes the gauntlet so they don't have to worry about whether there is a reset button coming a year from now with the next Avengers movie. If Agents of SHIELD gets another season, I would like the movies to let them know if they shouldn't bother showing all the deaths at the end of the movie because they'll be reset. The movies next year appear to not take place after Infinity War.

Overall, my general assumption is Infinity War Part Two (or whatever they call it) will reset everything to before the snap. Given that, Agents of SHIELD would be smart to not touch Infinity War in a hypothetical next season because it'll take place after the snap was fixed. Just looking at the release schedule, the July movie doesn't affect anything. The March movie takes place in the 90s so, if anything, it'll involve Coulson (if alive) remembering his past that he might have lost from the coming back to life thing and some Kree or Skrull stuff. Then we hit Infinity War.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:39 PM   #7
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
That's true. I really do wonder what they are going to do with half the people supposedly disappearing. There is no way the entire team survived that.
It would be a great way to continue the running gag that Fitz and Simmons always seem to get separated in some way.

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 05:50 PM   #8
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
I'll post my thoughts from the episode discussion thread:

It's a little difficult to figure out the timeline of Infinity War. It could be minutes, it could be days. Hard to say. The travel time to Titan is the biggest marker, imo. I suppose, if I were ambitious, I'd try and figure out time zones and things like that to figure out what daytime in New York, night time in Scotland, and daytime in Wakanda means for overall timeline.

If Agents of SHIELD is smart, they'd assume the entire remainder of the season takes place before Thanos completes the gauntlet so they don't have to worry about whether there is a reset button coming a year from now with the next Avengers movie. If Agents of SHIELD gets another season, I would like the movies to let them know if they shouldn't bother showing all the deaths at the end of the movie because they'll be reset. The movies next year appear to not take place after Infinity War.

Overall, my general assumption is Infinity War Part Two (or whatever they call it) will reset everything to before the snap. Given that, Agents of SHIELD would be smart to not touch Infinity War in a hypothetical next season because it'll take place after the snap was fixed. Just looking at the release schedule, the July movie doesn't affect anything. The March movie takes place in the 90s so, if anything, it'll involve Coulson (if alive) remembering his past that he might have lost from the coming back to life thing and some Kree or Skrull stuff. Then we hit Infinity War.
They could do it as a mini-arc in the months leading up to Avengers 4 though, then after Avengers 4 has been released show everything return to normal. Snapped characters come back, and it's a normal day much to the relief of the non-snap cast.

I'd see it as:

Arc 1: Apocalypse - Episodes 1-10
Arc 2: Maybe something involving travelling to SHIELD's past, with Hayley Atwell's Agent Carter meeting Coulson and co? - 11-16
Arc 3: Alternate timeline? Obvious similarities to the framework arc of course, but this time rather than an alternate reality in a computer simulation they do something in the past that causes the present to go very wrong, and they have to go back in time multiple times to fix it - 17-22

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 08:39 PM   #9
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick
 
Mike Murdock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The other Hell's Kitchen
Posts: 9,859
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

It would require all of next season to be reset, which seems a big ask.

I do like the idea of sending everyone to the past for a season, though.

__________________
Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:08 PM   #10
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Seeing how for most of this season it seemed clear TPTB thought this would be the last, they might feel freer to do whatever they want if they get a 6th season, seeing it as one more than they thought they'd get.

<SNIP>

I don't think this season will deal in any way with IW, mostly because the movie was supposed to come out later. But I do hope that next season they do and they try something just as daring and brave and put it all on the line to tell a good story. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with if they get a new season. (Do we know yet?) And regardless of whatever division there is between the MCU and the people running the TV series and Netflix series, they'd have to be morons to not talk and get their ducks lined up.


Last edited by nypinta; 04-30-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Posted in wrong thread.
nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #11
X-Ray
Ippiki-ookami
 
X-Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 6,954
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Would love to see the "snap" take affect in this show, and all Netflix series with new seasons coming up between now and Infinity War part 2. If the rumors about IF 2 are true. I hope to see those left standing make their big screen debuts next May or whenever Part 2 comes out.

X-Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 02:22 PM   #12
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I posted in the wrong thread. Sorry about that.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 03:20 PM   #13
The Infernal
Living Impaired
 
The Infernal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 9,507
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

How would they even tie into the mcu storyline at this point? I think Infinity War's ramifications are just too big too deal with without making their exclusion from the mcu more obvious and awkward to viewers. I wish they would acknowledge SHIELD and the other shows, even if only peripherally, as it could lead to some interesting storylines set after IW, but I don't think they would.

The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:22 PM   #14
DalekbusterFitz
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
Would love to see the "snap" take affect in this show, and all Netflix series with new seasons coming up between now and Infinity War part 2. If the rumors about IF 2 are true. I hope to see those left standing make their big screen debuts next May or whenever Part 2 comes out.
If Inhumans had come out post-Infinity War, they could have just turned the entire cast to dust!

DalekbusterFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 05:44 PM   #15
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick
 
darthcoolness3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,053
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

they would probably turn the entire cast into dust, and reunite Agent Coulson with Nick Fury in Captain Marvel, so he could return on the big screen in Avengers 4

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 09:30 PM   #16
Heretic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Detroit needs heroes
Posts: 11,889
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I don't think there are any plans for another season. The fact that they are throwing everything at the wall this year seems to suggest that this is the end. I actually think that a fitting end for the show would be for much of the cast to turn to dust...and then just not have another episode. The next Avengers film would likely make the next season a waste of time/wiped from history anyway...so at the very least the show should take a year long break and then come back refocused (and repackaged) in whatever new reality exists for the MCU.

Heretic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:05 PM   #17
samsnee
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 11,019
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

The entire series turns out to be a figment of Coulson’s imagination after he is stabbed in Avengers and before he dies, ala Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Problem solved.

samsnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 10:28 PM   #18
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,264
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
The entire series turns out to be a figment of Coulson’s imagination after he is stabbed in Avengers and before he dies, ala Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge. Problem solved.
They dispelled that possibility in the 100th episode.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!


WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:36 PM   #19
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 853
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I will speculate, That the series/season finale ends with the canary in the coal mine starting to dust away with Fitzsimmons and the team thinking that Simmons theory now had empirical evidence and they saved earth and broke the loop . Then other main cast start to disappear.

The question then becomes how do you open a sixth season when the TV season would be almost at its finale by the time Avengers 4 opens and we find out how folks came back to life

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:45 PM   #20
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,264
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
I will speculate, That the series/season finale ends with the canary in the coal mine starting to dust away with Fitzsimmons and the team thinking that Simmons theory now had empirical evidence and they saved earth and broke the loop . Then other main cast start to disappear.
That would be clever... and cruel.
I'm sure the writers will give us a resolution regarding the future storyline.
I really can not phatom how they will work around the ending of Infinity War if AoS is not renewed, the timing of releases has been really harsh.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!


WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:55 PM   #21
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 853
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludovica View Post
That would be clever... and cruel.
I'm sure the writers will give us a resolution regarding the future storyline.
I really can not phatom how they will work around the ending of Infinity War if AoS is not renewed, the timing of releases has been really harsh.
Remember the show runners had links to Angel. The question becomes were they totally left in the dark, in killing half the people and that their deaths would look like a Left Behind movie? Anyone could figure part 1 would end like The Empire Strikes Back before the ultimate triumph of part 2

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:07 AM   #22
ludovica
Daddy Feige notice me!
 
ludovica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Seoul
Posts: 1,264
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPO2 Dalisay View Post
Remember the show runners had links to Angel. The question becomes were they totally left in the dark, in killing half the people and that their deaths would look like a Left Behind movie? Anyone could figure part 1 would end like The Empire Strikes Back before the ultimate triumph of part 2
Yeah, I was talking about the fact that the series finale drops after Infinity War.
If it had been a month before, no problemo.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I hadn't thought about the similarities with the "rapture", freaky.


Oh, we should maybe tag the spoilers about IF for a couple weeks yet.

__________________
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
"I'll hit'im where it hurts: in the civilians!" - Ramses IV

Black Widow, Wasp, Wanda, Valkyrie, Captain Marvel, Monica Rambeau & Black Panther for Avengers 5!

DCEU is dead, long live DCFU
DCFU optimist: Shazam!


WAKANDA FOREVAAA!!!
ludovica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 03:52 AM   #23
Data Ghost
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 9
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I think that Season 6 is red herring. The final episode of Season 5 is called 'The End' and I think it will have very much the same ending as Infinity War with certain members of the team turn to dust, e.g. Fitz but not Symmonds etc.

Edit: Also in this weeks episode there was the line "have you seen all this weird stuff happening in New York?" - It's quietly aligning itself for the finale.

Data Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 11:55 AM   #24
nypinta
Certified Delightfut
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 122
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

I'm wondering now if the reason they've been stuck in the time loop for so long is that they've been going through the 14 million ways that Thanos wins and finally this time they are in the one where he doesn't. I think I said it somewhere before, but IIRC in the flashbacks to just after the Earth cracked and they had to get everyone in the Lighthouse, the only people we saw were Yo Yo, May, & Robin. But we know Fitz and Simmons make it because of Deeke and his mom. I think what actually happened was just before they can stop whatever from happening, Daisy, Coulson, & Mack disappear.

nypinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 12:53 PM   #25
SPO2 Dalisay
Vigilante
 
SPO2 Dalisay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Safe House
Posts: 853
Default Re: INFINITY WAR SPOILERS - Agents of SHIELD Season 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nypinta View Post
I'm wondering now if the reason they've been stuck in the time loop for so long is that they've been going through the 14 million ways that Thanos wins and finally this time they are in the one where he doesn't. I think I said it somewhere before, but IIRC in the flashbacks to just after the Earth cracked and they had to get everyone in the Lighthouse, the only people we saw were Yo Yo, May, & Robin. But we know Fitz and Simmons make it because of Deeke and his mom. I think what actually happened was just before they can stop whatever from happening, Daisy, Coulson, & Mack disappear.
I remember Fitz moving towards his Leopold mode and May was ready to protect Robin

__________________
There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.
- Rev. Martin Luther King, Jr.
SPO2 Dalisay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of Mandatory Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2018 All Rights Reserved.